Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 03:15 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,781 times

Advertisements

Great advice guys!!!

Plus this is going to be harder for me because I haven't dated in 8 years and I think guys want a younger woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 03:27 PM

672 posts, read 2,125,614 times
I think you should move here to Missouri. Its a pretty decent state, without much snow. It gets pretty hot here though. Western missouri is not as hot as where I'm at though. Springfield is pretty nice. Branson is so-so. St. louis is the pits in my opinion. There are many towns located in this state that are nice. Up north is Twains old stomping ground of Hannibal. Come visit the show-me state. We will be glad to have you here.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:22 PM

809 posts, read 2,410,353 times
San Francisco bay area is full of men. It's a horrible dating scene for guys because of all the tech jobs which are good jobs, but mostly male.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:38 PM

820 posts, read 2,868,956 times
Roma, Have you thought about just picking a place you'd be happy living and then taking having a child into your own hands? I mean through adoption or sperm banks, etc. I have two single friends - one your age and one slightly younger. I have suggested this option to both of them as they wanted a child and there's no man in the picture. Both feel it's not something they'd want to pursue. However, I've always felt if I hadn't been blessed with two children through marriage, I would have chased any alternative route available. Just a thought.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:39 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,877,896 times
Roma, seriously, consider having the child on your own. At 42, do you really want to waste time trying to find a boyfriend who has the potential to be a husband AND father? Unless it is against your religious beliefs, get the baby first and then worry about finding a hubby. I would hate to see any woman rushing into another marriage for the sole purpose of having a baby; I can easily see that marriage failing after a short period of time.

As for where to look, Alaska really is your best bet but you'd have to put up with snow.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:06 PM

152 posts, read 878,377 times
Just a bit of advice from a "man with a good job" :

If a 42 year old woman is looking for marriage and was demanding a man with a good job, and she herself did not have said "good job" or anything else to bring to the table financially, major red flag. I would run in the opposite direction. It is sad, but these days if you are a man in your 40's, and in the market for love, it is very smart to protect your assets.

Since you are being so direct with the job qualification, I think you should add that you are willing to sign a prenup or your application might get put in the shredder.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:09 PM

6 posts, read 16,181 times
Try fantasy land

Old 12-14-2007, 06:23 PM

1,149 posts, read 5,635,465 times
Major red flag indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcapitan View Post

Since you are being so direct with the job qualification, I think you should add that you are willing to sign a prenup or your application might get put in the shredder.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:32 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,000,881 times
you all are being mean now. But seriously, if it were me, I would go to a sperm bank. I have a friend who married at either 41 or 42, and her new husband wanted children, but not necessarily *immediately* and she had to do in vitro, etc. It was all just too much stress.

So ...

o if I primarily wanted a child, I would go to a sperm bank, and then think about the man later ...

o if I primarily want a partner or husband, I would aim for that and then (maybe) adopt down the road.

But I still vote for the Pacific Northwest!

I also like the advice about the dancing!

Old 12-14-2007, 06:36 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
I have always heard that a HUGE percentage of the engineers that work at Cape Canaveral (you know where they send up the space shuttle from) here in Florida are single, if you want to pick up a single professional man who makes good money, over in Brevard county is the place to be.

PLUS we have nice warm weather, our cold front that is coming through this weekend, will take us down to 60 degrees during the day, thats all.

Cocoa Beach might be JUST the place for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.