Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 08:14 PM

74 posts, read 91,628 times

Advertisements

Is there any reason why IN-N-OUT Burgers cannot expand and open at least few locations on the major cities on the East Coast such as in NYC?

IN-N-OUT is number 1 burger chain restaurant by far, always huge lines, great quality, amazing taste & cheap!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 08:27 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,795,503 times
Won't happen, at least not in this lifetime. Pretty sure this is in the wrong forum, too.

Firstly, In-N-Out is family-owned; they don't let anyone franchise their restaurants. Secondly, the food is delivered fresh to each restaurant location a day, from their meat plants. There aren't any located on the East, only California and Texas, I believe. Clearly they're not going to be able to make their trips East in one day from California and Texas.

In-N-Out doesn't care too much about expansion. They've been around decades, and they're JUST now opening locations in Texas, a Southern state. What they need to do is open more locations in California. We need one in DTLA ASAP.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:29 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,092,704 times
Do we really need more fast food, in an already grossly oversaturated market? Aren't there enough places to buy garbage to hork down our gullets?

We've got more fast food choices in this country than we do time (or desire) to try it all. It's depressing, really. Find the time to cook your own meals, people!

Old 07-02-2014, 08:30 PM

28 posts, read 26,107 times
In-N-out is great, but backyard burgers, checkers, and bojangles all located in the southeast exclusively are all better. In-N-Out is top dog on the west coast but would be 2nd or 3rd in the south, if that.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:36 PM

169 posts, read 281,415 times
Part of In-N-Out's appeal is its exclusivity i.e. it's not available in all parts of the USA. Therefore I can't see management making the decision to expand to the East Coast. On a side note, I never understood the big deal about In-N-Out. The burgers are alright, better than McDonalds and Burger King, but they're nothing to write home about imo.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:38 PM

169 posts, read 281,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
There aren't any located on the East, only California and Texas, I believe.
We have them in Arizona too. There aren't ever lines out the door like some people describe.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomenon View Post
Part of In-N-Out's appeal is its exclusivity i.e. it's not available in all parts of the USA. Therefore I can't see management making the decision to expand to the East Coast. On a side note, I never understood the big deal about In-N-Out. The burgers are alright, better than McDonalds and Burger King, but they're nothing to write home about imo.
They're really a California craze. Even with the locations in other states, Californians are the craziest about In-N-Out.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomenon View Post
We have them in Arizona too. There aren't ever lines out the door like some people describe.
I was talking about the meat plants.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:32 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,319,530 times
I'm sure I can make a better burger every single time. No thanks. It's a fast food joint...

Old 07-02-2014, 10:12 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,752,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
Do we really need more fast food, in an already grossly oversaturated market?
If the market for fast food was oversaturated, the number of fast-food restaurants would be decreasing. And fast food isn't necessarly terrible for you either. You don't have to eat it every day, and you don't have to "super-size" your meal either. At McDonald's, a double cheeseburger with small fries and a small soft drink has about 700 calories altogether, which is only one third of most people's recommended daily caloric intake.

As for In-N-Out Burger, they're my favorite fast-food restaurant. You can actually taste the quality, especially in the fries, which employees can be seen cutting from fresh potatoes in the back of the kitchen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.