Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2021, 04:26 PM

10,113 posts, read 9,984,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Hell. I gotta get outta here, dawg. No offense. I'm gonna go down Canton and drink the thought of this comment away.
None taken. I'm trying to get outta here myself. The lack of knowledge of the world outside of Baltimore is astonishing. Baltimoreans truly have a small town mindset. And I'm saying this as someone who was born and raised in Baltimore City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2021, 04:28 PM

4,159 posts, read 2,857,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
I realized some years ago when I was talking to some a couple of about the Mike Brown incident. They said riots wouldn't happen here because Baltimore was too small for it. They said that they thought Ferguson, MO was bigger than Baltimore.

I had to tell them that Baltimore is twice the size of the city that Ferguson is a suburb of.
I feel like this is a a stealth “Southerners are ignorant parochial yokels, so obviously Baltimore is Southern”. But aha! The fly in the ointment is a true Southern city would think they were the biggest and best and oldest and youngest and mostest most city ever. So proof, Baltimore is a Northern “woe be us” kinda town.

Old 08-26-2021, 04:43 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,130 posts, read 7,581,348 times
Quote:
I realized some years ago when I was talking to some a couple of about the Mike Brown incident. They said riots wouldn't happen here because Baltimore was too small for it. They said that they thought Ferguson, MO was bigger than Baltimore.

I had to tell them that Baltimore is twice the size of the city that Ferguson is a suburb of.
That's right bruh you tell them next time Baltimore is the #2 of a 10 million Megacity!

Old 08-26-2021, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
That's right bruh you tell them next time Baltimore is the #2 of a 10 million Megacity!
Absolutely!!

Old 08-26-2021, 04:46 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,130 posts, read 7,581,348 times
Quote:
Absolutely!!
Haha, ain't spoke no lies!

Old 08-26-2021, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Haha, ain't spoke no lies!
That being said, I'll rarely mention DC when talking about the Baltimore CSA. We'll use your MSA to pad our numbers.

Fair exchange.

Old 08-26-2021, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post
I feel like this is a a stealth “Southerners are ignorant parochial yokels, so obviously Baltimore is Southern”. But aha! The fly in the ointment is a true Southern city would think they were the biggest and best and oldest and youngest and mostest most city ever. So proof, Baltimore is a Northern “woe be us” kinda town.
This is about Baltimore having a small town mentality. NYC residents are the biggest parchial yokels on the planet. Many of them don't think that humanity exists west of the Hudson River.

Old 08-26-2021, 06:10 PM

557 posts, read 297,775 times
Default Which states are considered northeastern?

This is easy the 13 colonies are the NorthEast. And really are the only states that matter... The rest are just johnny-come-lately's

Old 08-26-2021, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryDay View Post
This is easy the 13 colonies are the NorthEast. And really are the only states that matter... The rest are just johnny-come-lately's
Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia are Northeastern states?

Old 08-26-2021, 06:45 PM

2,236 posts, read 1,124,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxNcode View Post
and i've always felt some type of way about that, being from Hudson County, NJ (which is not only tri-state NY area, but many people, esp people from out of town, think our county is part of NYC due to proximity and the urban nature of the entire county)..

most of Jersey is either comfortably in the NY area or in the Philly area, including accents and weather and whatnot.. HOWEVER that far southern NJ area (like Cape May) is as far south as Alexandria, VA.. and i've always noticed a little southern twang down there.. would make sense if that was its own freakin state
I completely understand what you're saying, but South Jersey doesn't feel at all southern, it feels rural because it is in certain parts. Rural and Southern are used interchangeably since many think they're synonymous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.