Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 12:08 PM

29 posts, read 30,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Each Hispanic nation has it's own history and heritage. Mexicans, are mostly a mix of Spaniards who came there, and the Native Mexicans who they mostly raped back then. Argentinians tend to be of a heavy European stock. Cubans are a mix of White Europeans (Mostly Canarians and Spanish mainlanders), the descendants of African slaves, and mixed race folks.

The cultures vary because they were not all settled by the same people in the same time period and for the same reasons. I mean, they all have the roots from Spain, but just like the US, Jamaica and Australia are each very different in culture and demographics, so are the Hispanophonic nations.

Mexicans are indigenous people, only a few are White and a mix of spaniards, those you see on tv.

Few spaniards go to mexico , and after 500 years blood is diluted, is not the mix that you think, mexican people like and want to claim spanish blood that they don´t have.

Mexican people are 150 millions ,only thousands spaniards went to mexico .

People from spain go to Argentina, Uruguay, Brasil, Venezuela and Mexico too, but in recent times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 12:23 PM

32,088 posts, read 34,696,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn.Davenport View Post
The question is too vague. There are too many differences to list between Mexicans from Oaxaca and Mexicans from Durango, let alone between Dominicans, Panamanians, and Argentines.
I don't think it's vague. While most people (or at least some people) will understand that there are differences among people within these countries, there are generally even greater differences when compared to people outside of them. I don't think it's necessary to drill down into each pueblo in Mexico and break down their unique demographics and characteristics before any meaningful distinctions between, say, Mexicans and Argentinians can be made. For the most part, 99% of Mexicans will be different from Argentinians in the same ways.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:46 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,487,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medieval ballad View Post
Mexicans are indigenous people, only a few are White and a mix of spaniards, those you see on tv.

Few spaniards go to mexico , and after 500 years blood is diluted, is not the mix that you think, mexican people like and want to claim spanish blood that they don´t have.

Mexican people are 150 millions ,only thousands spaniards went to mexico .

People from spain go to Argentina, Uruguay, Brasil, Venezuela and Mexico too, but in recent times.

First of all...

Do you realize that outside the elite 5% of Mexico, who are somewhat obsessed with being European a le Argentines, the rest of us are too proud of our Mexican culture and roots to even want to claim Spanish heritage, despite it being an essential part of our culture?

Also, the majority of Mexicans are mestizos, meaning mix Euro-indigenous, along with some African, Middle Eastern, Sephardic Jew, East and South East Asian. There are smaller populations of more pure castizos (though they tend to be recent European arrivals) and pure indigenous (which is difficult to measure in Mexico, because you are considered Native if you are culturally Native, not necessarily just because you look it) - but they are both small pluralities.

We are neither European nor Native alone, as a people we are diverse, multicultural, multiracial, multilingual and even our constitution says so. We are 'la raza cosmica', the cosmic race.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:47 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,465,929 times
This thread is like asking are all whites the same, is every European country the same culture.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
This thread is like asking are all whites the same, is every European country the same culture.
Only that's not what the OP asked. He asked what the differences are, not if differences exist at all.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:49 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,465,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Only that's not what the OP asked. He asked what the differences are, not if differences exist at all.
Its impossible question to answer, why waste my time on it.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:53 PM

"My family calls me mija. His family calls me mami."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDVmUkpljD8

Old 05-01-2015, 12:53 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,487,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
"My family calls me mija. His family calls me mami."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDVmUkpljD8
hahahah she's the best.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Its impossible question to answer, why waste my time on it.
You think it's an impossible question to answer? If you Google "what are the differences between Puerto Ricans and Mexicans," you get a slew of videos, articles, etc. I think people from those backgrounds see the differences as clearly as night and day. It would be like me explaining the difference between a Bajan and a Trinidadian. There are cultural differences among all of these nations that transcend ethnic lines.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
hahahah she's the best.
She's also very attractive. I didn't realize she was a Raiderette.

Quote:
She subsequently became a cheerleader for the Oakland Raiders after being inducted in 2002. As a member of the Oakland Raiderettes she was named Rookie of the Year and performed at Super Bowl XXXVII.
Anjelah Johnson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.metroactive.com/features/...johnson_06.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.