Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 06:19 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,516,620 times

Advertisements

What are laws pertaining to strip clubs and adult entertainment in your city?

Can you have both full nudity and a liquor license?

Does your city have any other weird laws in this regard?
Let's try to keep this discussion as mature and focused as possible. I don't want to hear about what city has the best looking strippers or the best strip clubs. This is a question that developed from another thread. While they don't upset my sensibilities, I personally don't have any interest in going to strip clubs.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 06:26 PM

560 posts, read 666,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn.Davenport View Post

Let's try to keep this discussion as mature and focused as possible. I don't want to hear about what city has the best looking strippers or the best strip clubs. This is a question that developed from another thread. While they don't upset my sensibilities, I personally don't have any interest in going to strip clubs.
Atlanta strip clubs are all nude and the liquor pours freely. Or so I've been told.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:28 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,049,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn.Davenport View Post

In Minneapolis, clubs cannot serve alcohol if the the dancers are completely nude. As a result, some clubs are no alcohol/full nudity, while others are alcohol/topless only.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:39 PM

10,744 posts, read 23,798,187 times
Montreal is ground zero for strip clubs in North America. Lots of horny 18 and 19 year olds from all over the Northeast make the right of passage with an obligatory road trip to Montreal. There are a lot of good looking men and women up there, and Montreal is definitely one city that has very little hang ups with sex.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:53 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,074,903 times
Alot of Southern California cities have full nude strip clubs. Nude lap dances too.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:08 PM

2,723 posts, read 6,108,256 times
Boston is all nude with full bar. Same laws apply state wide I believe.

Providence is all nude with full bar too.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:22 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,621,189 times
We have one strip club around here that serves alcohol and allows gambling as well because they have a sign out front that reads " LIQUOR IN THE FRONT AND POKER IN THE REAR. " I assume that's what it means.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:59 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paris-on-ponce View Post
Atlanta strip clubs are all nude and the liquor pours freely. Or so I've been told.
Yep, Atlanta has among the most liberal adult entertainment ordinances of any city in the country -- which no doubt is shocking to some people -- and thus why it has long had a reputation as "Strip Club Capital of America" (or at least the South).

And it's not all what you might expect, either ... Swinging Richards | Fully Nude Strip Show | Atlanta, GA - Swinging Richards

Old 05-01-2015, 12:54 AM

2,330 posts, read 3,808,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
In Minneapolis, clubs cannot serve alcohol if the the dancers are completely nude. As a result, some clubs are no alcohol/full nudity, while others are alcohol/topless only.
Is that really true? I haven't been to a strip club since the '90s but I remember drinking at clubs that had full nudity (Sheiks and Deja Vu).

Old 05-01-2015, 06:59 AM

2,723 posts, read 6,108,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
We have one strip club around here that serves alcohol and allows gambling as well because they have a sign out front that reads " LIQUOR IN THE FRONT AND POKER IN THE REAR. " I assume that's what it means.
That's Stockman's slogan.

Stockman's Bar

Literally, the bar is in the front and the poker tables are out back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.