Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 12:23 PM

395 posts, read 1,374,742 times

Advertisements

Is it just me or has this forum gone downhill fast?

It used to be this forum was informative and interesting to participate in, where there were actually interesting and intelligent topics to discuss and argue. Now, seemingly, it has attracted the uninformed, uneducated, and ignorant people of america, and seemingly hijacked by people from cities like Omaha and Indianapolis.

Now there are new threads started daily, that discuss topics that have been discussed weeks before

Does any share the same sentiment as I? Why has this forum gone downhill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 12:45 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
It definitely has gotten more hostile, ignorant and, um, "festive" lately. lol

Old 08-07-2008, 12:59 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,679,286 times
Yes, it's gone to the dogs. Dunno why...

Old 08-07-2008, 01:02 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
probably b/c there have been so many damn polls lately, usually a city vs city poll. And that is just going automatically lead to some hometown pride issues.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:03 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,679,286 times
Oh, yeah, maybe because it's summer. School's out! Someone should do a poll to check the ages of some of these posters, I swear...

Old 08-07-2008, 01:06 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,546,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
Oh, yeah, maybe because it's summer. School's out! Someone should do a poll to check the ages of some of these posters, I swear...

I think you may have that right ! I thought there was an age that you had to be to post here, but who knows ????

Old 08-07-2008, 01:07 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
Good point! Then again, most schools have computer labs so even some of our more immature posters will still have access to the forum during the day, and if they're enrolled in public schools we know they probably won't have enough homework to keep them too busy to make more stupid posts. Oh well.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:17 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,278,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownwarrior View Post

It used to be this forum was informative and interesting to participate in, where there were actually interesting and intelligent topics to discuss and argue. Now, seemingly, it has attracted the uninformed, uneducated, and ignorant people of america, and seemingly hijacked by people from cities like Omaha and Indianapolis.

Now there are new threads started daily, that discuss topics that have been discussed weeks before

I think Omaha has annexed it.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:32 PM

1,018 posts, read 4,108,675 times
You should do a poll of possible reasons why it has gone downhill.

Or two or three polls.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:09 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownwarrior View Post

You know, you could just start an "informative and interesting" thread instead of whining. Oh, wait, I live in Indianapolis, I better step back before this thread gets dumbed down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.