Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 11:06 PM

2,247 posts, read 7,029,877 times

Advertisements

I love seasons. It's why I chose to stay in the Midwest.

I like snow. I don't necessarily like the cold, but I'll tolerate it as long as there's no wind. What I don't like is ice, winds above 10 mph in the winter, and humidity in August.

Fall is great, too. Today (September 9) it was sunny, and the high/low temperature was 69/45. Plus the leaves are starting to change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 12:16 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,454,725 times
I like seasons because I'd get sick of the same old weather day in and day out.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:38 AM

5,816 posts, read 15,915,325 times
Mimzy, since you also have started a thread asking about the Midwest, I have to wonder whether you're thinking of pulling up stakes and moving to a place with seasons. If so, it's only right to warn you that four seasons aren't for everyone. It does sound as if you're dissatisfied with a place where the weather is largely the same much of the year, but be aware that even though there are plenty of people who prefer a four-seasons climate on balance, it's not perfect. There are tradeoffs. Some of those tradeoffs have been described on this thread. It would be good to pay attention to the posts describing the negatives, and to give some serious thought to this, before making a major move . . . if that's what you're considering.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:12 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,027,788 times
I like a mild 4 seasons, I like winter here but I hate winter mornings, its dark and it sucks to get up early when you are so comfortable in bed with the heater on and then get in the shower and its cold in the bathroom then on some mornings there is ice on the windows and I hate to scrape it off and I hate to take jackets anywhere cause its cold in the morning but warms up in the middle of the day and then a big jacket is not needed anymore so therefor I dont wear jackets just a hoodie.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:07 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
I love 4 seasons, and look forward to each one, its like turning a page in a great book.

I feel incredibly sorry for those who live in places with similar weather year-round. That weather is too monotonous and boring for my tastes.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:21 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,033,708 times
I relish in the warmth, heat, and sun...much like a lizard does. there is no better feeling than the warmth of the sun...for example i was just at the Dailey Center sitting at the base of the Picasso (chicago) and the weather is quite chilly/windy, however that early september sun is still high in the sky and closer to earth than it will be in January so the sun just felt so great on my back.

some people prefer it to be cold and dark and other prefer it to be warm and sunny.

Season Affectionate Disorder does exist. That's a major reason why people don't like seasons because seasons often last too long (winter, unfortunatley lasts the longest in norther places often Nov-Apr or late Oct to early Apr to be more precise).

i think a main reason is the change of seasons brings changes and these changes occur in our bodies too which affect our immune systems and the sicknesses that we get.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:03 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I love 4 seasons, and look forward to each one, its like turning a page in a great book.

I feel incredibly sorry for those who live in places with similar weather year-round. That weather is too monotonous and boring for my tastes.
Then why have you talked about how Southern CA has the best climate and voted for it for having the best weather in the past??

Old 09-10-2008, 11:27 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Then why have you talked about how Southern CA has the best climate and voted for it for having the best weather in the past??
Because those are my IDEAL temps. I love 70 degree temps, something San Diego has an abundance of. Never said I would live there, though. Part of the reason being the monotonous weather. It would get old after awhile Im sure.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:25 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,861,708 times
I like four seasons. Summer's my least favorite, though. This year has been much cooler than usual around here, which makes it not so bad. I would prefer winter to be 2-3 months longer.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:32 AM

399 posts, read 554,567 times
Actually 4-season weather is much worse for your health.
Consistent weather is healthier for the bones and skin.
Just something that is interesting to know.
People who live in similar weather tend to live a longer life-span.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.