Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 03:11 PM

251 posts, read 710,318 times

Advertisements

You missed the entire point. You said
Quote:
females and females have offspring?
and I said yes there are species with only one sex (C. uniparens) that reproduce with sex. I never mentioned anything about hermaphroditism.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:14 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,714,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
Clearly, if you believe in God, you'd have to agree that God will not bless a nation that does not obey His commands, and only mocks Him.

What is marriage, in your opinion? You do realize that marriage is a clearly religious practice, deemed as being sanctified by God, that only in our more religious times became intertwined by the state and upheld to support and promote a moral society. Hence, since marriage is a religious institution, and since there is no religious promotion of homosexual marriage, homosexuals have no right to marry, as this is clearly against the religious premise, as deemed by God.

A gay Jew? Aren't many of hollywood's producers Jewish, the ones who are pushing forth pro-homosexual propaganda? Certainly, not genuine Orthodox Jews are pushing this, rather secular Jews.
What about Japan and other countries that do NOT follow Christianity. They seem to be getting along fine.

Marriage isn't neccesarily a religious practice. Look at non-religious people that get married at courthouses or with a legal witness. Are we to not give them rights too because they were not married IN A CHURCH???

The gay Jewish president was just a joke. I still say that would be a great president though!

Quote:
Read my comments, as to why religion and state are intertwined, with respect to law.
I did. They do not make sense. Maybe to Zealots and homophobic Christians but not to the normal common sense person. What do you think about the statistic that over half of ALL MARRIAGES end in divorce. Why not give gay people a stab at marriage? They'd probably do better than most heteros with their so-called blessed marriages.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:06 PM

1,178 posts, read 3,834,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEsananto View Post
Not even close, marriage is not a religious practice, it existed before humans began to fear death and create religion.

E: Shouldn't this be in the politics section?
Well, that's your take on it.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEsananto View Post
You missed the entire point. You said and I said yes there are species with only one sex (C. uniparens) that reproduce with sex. I never mentioned anything about hermaphroditism.
What species are only female and are able to reproduce by themselves (without a male)? There are none. There are hermaphrodites, that have both male and female sex organs and are able to reproduce by themselves. They reproduce asexually.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
What about Japan and other countries that do NOT follow Christianity. They seem to be getting along fine.
What about Japan? Homosexual "marriage" is not allowed in Japan. What does "getting along fine" have to do in respect to Christianity?

Quote:
Marriage isn't neccesarily a religious practice. Look at non-religious people that get married at courthouses or with a legal witness. Are we to not give them rights too because they were not married IN A CHURCH???
In the U.S. and the western world, of which the U.S. is certainly a part of, it has been a practice that has come out of the church. To deny such is to be completely ignorant. That the government has institutionalized marriage doesn't mean that the government is the forebearer of marriage, only that they worked to uphold marriage within a legal sense in order to stabilize a moral order for society. As such, since the government has made marriage a legal issue, one can get married at a courthouse, etc.

Quote:
I did. They do not make sense. Maybe to Zealots and homophobic Christians but not to the normal common sense person. What do you think about the statistic that over half of ALL MARRIAGES end in divorce. Why not give gay people a stab at marriage? They'd probably do better than most heteros with their so-called blessed marriages.
Homophobic: A word that homosexual activists coined to try to deride individuals who disagree with their lifestyle.

Do you not understand, deep within that head of yours, that this is a common sense issue, and that a majority of individuals who aren't even practicing Christianity oppose of homosexuality on a personal basis, and disapprove of homosexual "marriage" in a legal setting. That you keep using this argument to bash Christians speaks to your prejudice against Christians. It's clearly plain to see.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:54 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,603,780 times
Unfortunately, Scraper Enthusiast, I can't give you another rep point for all your -- as usual - straight out and right on the money common-sense posts and points. Cos apparently I have already given too many!

So I will just say "kudos" and don't give up the ship. And FWIW, I stand with you completely on what you say. You have old-time courage, my friend.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:56 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,714,004 times
Quote:
What about Japan? Homosexual "marriage" is not allowed in Japan. What does "getting along fine" have to do in respect to Christianity?

You said that God will not bless a nation that mocks Him and does not uphold His laws. Japan is not a Christian nation and they are getting along fine. There are may nations that are not Christian and they are first-rate nations.

In the U.S. and the western world, of which the U.S. is certainly a part of, it has been a practice that has come out of the church. To deny such is to be completely ignorant. That the government has institutionalized marriage doesn't mean that the government is the forebearer of marriage, only that they worked to uphold marriage within a legal sense in order to stabilize a moral order for society. As such, since the government has made marriage a legal issue, one can get married at a courthouse, etc.

Then why can't gay couples get married out of a Church? They aren't asking for a blessing from God. They want the same Constitutional rights as any other American couple, Christian or not. They want to be recognized as a married couple by the state, not by any religion.

Homophobic: A word that homosexual activists coined to try to deride individuals who disagree with their lifestyle.

Wow. I bet you've been waiting to say that now for a while. Have you heard of a homosexual who disagrees with a heterosexual lifestyle? No. They accept diversity and go about their lives. Why can't you?

Do you not understand, deep within that head of yours, that this is a common sense issue, and that a majority of individuals who aren't even practicing Christianity oppose of homosexuality on a personal basis, and disapprove of homosexual "marriage" in a legal setting. That you keep using this argument to bash Christians speaks to your prejudice against Christians. It's clearly plain to see.

Sure. I oppose many things but I don't prevent people from having equal rights just because I oppose it. I'm Catholic and I don't believe that gays have the right to get married in my Church but they should have the right to get married in the eyes of the US Government. I have no prejudice against Christians, I have prejudice against IGNORANCE. Whether it be secular ignorance or Christian ignorance. I just get sick of people tying religion in with reasoning on government issues. It doesn't make sense. Religion and government are two separate things.
Replies in bold.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Then can you tell us why God would allow the leader of Evangelical Church (Ted Haggard) and numerous Catholic Priests to get caught in homosexual situations?
I know you didn't address this question to me, but my reply would be to wonder why in the hell you ask such a silly question. God didn't "allow" any such thing. The priests in question are the ones at fault. They transgressed against God's Law. How ridiculous.

Last edited by TexasReb; 10-12-2008 at 06:18 PM..

Old 10-12-2008, 06:40 PM

Again, I am just going to put in my two cents worth, even though the quetions were not directed to me...

Quote:
You said that God will not bless a nation that mocks Him and does not uphold His laws. Japan is not a Christian nation and they are getting along fine. There are may nations that are not Christian and they are first-rate nations.
Good for Japan. Or Sweden or Switzerland. I hope they continue to get along great. I don't live in Japan though. Just as, if a case is being made for gun-control, an argument that it works well in England or Australia (which it emphaticially doesn't) doesn't mean diddly-damn as to its application in MY country! Same with so-called homosexual "marriage" in another realm. They are NOT first-rate countries if they recognize it, for one thing. Think we oughta all bend over backwards (pun intended! Hee hee) just because those countries moral sensibilities are getting in the gutter?

Quote:
Then why can't gay couples get married out of a Church? They aren't asking for a blessing from God. They want the same Constitutional rights as any other American couple, Christian or not. They want to be recognized as a married couple by the state, not by any religion.
The Constitution Of the United States does not recognize homosexual marriage. Hell, it doesn't recognize "straight marriage" far as that goes. Rights? What "rights"...according to the Bill of Rights...are homosexuals denied??? They can vote, get a trial by jury, own a gun, etc, etc, same as I can.

Quote:
Wow. I bet you've been waiting to say that now for a while. Have you heard of a homosexual who disagrees with a heterosexual lifestyle? No. They accept diversity and go about their lives. Why can't you?
Define "diversity", please, will you?

Last edited by TexasReb; 10-12-2008 at 07:05 PM..

Old 10-12-2008, 06:45 PM

1,291 posts, read 2,894,912 times
At least it's an honest opinion. If I had my way all homo's would get booted right out of our country. That's my honest opinion and I consider myself very well informed.

Turning our head to that type of sickening behavior is one reason why morals in this country are at an all time low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.