Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 11:19 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Because it's simply too dangerous, because of local racism or other reasons? Not talking about segregation of course lol...Anyway, I don't want to stir the pot or anything, just curious...I mean for any race: white, black, native, asian...If you're white and you walk into Inglewood at night is there like a reasonable chance you will be mugged - like 25% and more? Or is it still less likely, than 1/10? What about some small town in the south that is run by the KKK? I guess there's the Hispanic/Black thing, but how bad is that? Anyway, just wondering where the ethnic or racial no-man's land is.
Why not a town in the north that is run by the KKK? It was created in Ohio. I hate stupid incorrect stereotypes......

Back to the subject, I'm sure there is but I don't know where.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 04:10 PM

93,342 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
Why not a town in the north that is run by the KKK? It was created in Ohio. I hate stupid incorrect stereotypes......

Back to the subject, I'm sure there is but I don't know where.
No, the KKK was started in Pulaski, Tennessee and there are actually schools in this country named after the guy that started the group. Nathan Bedford Forrest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nathan Forrest

With that said, supposedly, the biggest faction was in the New England states. This was told to me in class one day in High School by an English teacher originally from Boston. I think it was due to the large influx of people of the Roman Catholic faith.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:26 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
No, the KKK was started in Pulaski, Tennessee and there are actually schools in this country named after the guy that started the group. Nathan Bedford Forrest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nathan Forrest

With that said, supposedly, the biggest faction was in the New England states. This was told to me in class one day in High School by an English teacher originally from Boston. I think it was due to the large influx of people of the Roman Catholic faith.
There was a KKK profile on the History Channel today.

Nathan Bedford Forrest didn't actually start the KKK, but he was the first Grand Wizard (is that what it's called?). The KKK was originally a group of friends that started a fraternity-like club just after the Civil War ended. The original intent was to create a secret social club, but it eventually turned into a terrorist organization.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:29 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,062,199 times
No matter if you are white,black,purple,red,jewish,gay,Hungarian whatever if you go to any town or city in america and mind your own business and dont get in over your head you will be alright

Old 02-23-2009, 05:49 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,687,834 times
I think Irvington, NJ is bad... BAADDD! I knew a white person who went to the city just for business (sales i think) and she was walking down a street and she felt so awkward because people starred at her or rubbed against her and men just said crude things to her.. she was scared out of her mind. She wasn't mugged or anything but she didn't neglect to see the signs saying "Stop Irvington shootings"

I also heard a place in PA recently that a group of white kids beat up a black just for taking a stroll in the "wrong" neighborhood.

it sucks that stuff like this has to go on.

And Theres a small town in Louisiana called Jena that is Horrendous towards both blacks and whites.. A lot of southern towns can be named.

Last edited by Newarkbomb; 02-23-2009 at 05:57 PM..

Old 02-23-2009, 06:11 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Any black ghetto is going to be dangerous for whites to be walking around, but then again, those neighborhoods are just dangerous for anyone to include blacks.
In a way you are right, but I've been to East St. Louis (I'm dark skinned hispanic) and I so a lot of scary looking white people there.

And keep this in mind, that a comedian said that is very true:
"When you see a big group of black thugs... the most dangerous person in that group is the white guy, because he'll do anything to prove that he's as bad as they are"

In Missouri (the Ozarks) I was told by many white people to stay the hell away from about 10 small towns in the area.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
No matter if you are white,black,purple,red,jewish,gay,Hungarian whatever if you go to any town or city in america and mind your own business and dont get in over your head you will be alright
Pretty much........

Old 02-23-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
In a way you are right, but I've been to East St. Louis (I'm dark skinned hispanic) and I so a lot of scary looking white people there.

And keep this in mind, that a comedian said that is very true:
"When you see a big group of black thugs... the most dangerous person in that group is the white guy, because he'll do anything to prove that he's as bad as they are"

In Missouri (the Ozarks) I was told by many white people to stay the hell away from about 10 small towns in the area.
People seem to forget that even in heavily Black hoods, there are still some White people that live there. Heck, the poorest neighborhood in my city is 41% Black, 30% White, 26% Hispanic and 2% Native American.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:53 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Bullitt County, KY- very active KKK, rednecks. No place to be a person of color. Just ask about it on the Louisville forum.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:15 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,915,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post

Nathan Forrest

I've heard that the Klan does not like Catholics. If that's the case, it's doubtful that they had a high Catholic membership. Although . . . I also understand that "the Klan" is actually not one highly cohesive organization, but more a loosely connected collection of smaller organizations, so possibly they took on a tone that reflected the local population in New England. The point that the Klan has not been limited to the South is well taken, though. I've heard stories about Klan activity in the Northeast, and some of their greatest strength in the early 20th century was in Indiana, where, if I'm not mistaken, the governor was a Klansman, and the Klan pretty much ran the state government.

As for the idea that anyone of any race or ethnicity could go anywhere and most likely be left alone, this is probably true. However, there will always be the occasional bad exception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.