Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 11:10 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,805,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
completely agree!

It's like saying

I want to stay away from the "hip hop" culture of Atlanta yet what I really mean is the black people. I don't want to raise my children around this behavior and culture. Hope I don't offend anyone....

or lets rephrase
"hip hop" culture of Atlanta yet what I really mean is the Black people
with
"Asian" culture of San Francisco yet what I really mean is the Asian people

and expect no one to jump on you. get real!
Hey! We never agree! There must be some mistake...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 11:11 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,694,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungFresh&New View Post
Ft. Lauderdale is actually pretty nice.

I'm pretty sure you can tell I'm still a little bit lost to finding my exact list of places to reside. Atlanta would be a perfect choice if it wasn't for all of those dislikes...but I do wonder if any of these other southern cities have the same majority Black middle class neighborhoods. That would be extremely nice! Yet, I heard that such a phenomenon is only exclusive to Atlanta.
Just FYI Ft. Lauderdale has Wilton Manors. Huge Gay Community =)

Old 11-12-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
haha! Trust me, I've been "token" all my life! I'm grateful for the networking power I acquired but I'd rather live with the community. I'm a marketing major (BA) by the way. As for GA...sigh..besides the trannies and flashy lifestyle I've seen during my numerous trips to Georgia...the market is WAY too flooded. I'd rather work with a city that needs the new blood and will not put me on the back burner. Atlanta, with all it's spendor, defienity has become competitive whereas places like Charolette (suffering from the mistake of putting all it's steam into the finance industry) needs the help to diversify their industries.

I've had friends who graduated from Howard U. They saw the "well-to-do" are quite stuck up
Just FYI Southend and Uptown in Charlotte have lots of gays

Old 11-12-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Hey! We never agree! There must be some mistake...
with all the things we disagree on theres got to be a few that we see eye to eye on

Old 11-12-2009, 11:37 PM

18 posts, read 33,130 times
Quote:
completely agree!

It's like saying

I want to stay away from the "hip hop" culture of Atlanta yet what I really mean is the black people. I don't want to raise my children around this behavior and culture. Hope I don't offend anyone....

or lets rephrase
with

As a MINORITY, regarding gender AND race I don't care. As long as you don't affect ones access to resources or try to force your lifestyle on someone, it really doesn't matter. I found that people who are oversensitive or egotistic make a big deal out of preference. I'll stop replying to you now.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:58 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,805,239 times
Quote:
As a MINORITY, regarding gender AND race I don't care. As long as you don't affect ones access to resources or try to force your lifestyle on someone, it really doesn't matter. I found that people who are oversensitive or egotistic make a big deal out of preference. I'll stop replying to you now.
And as a minority, you should really know better than to discriminate against other minorities. Shame on you.

"Preference" is an archaic idea that some still try to use in order to bash gay people. Anyone with any sense of human behavior understands that it's not a preference. I can't believe in 2009 some people still throw that word around. It's akin to using the word "colored"...very outdated.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:14 AM

Quote:
May I ask how Gay people affect ones access to resources, or how they are trying to force their "lifestyle" on you? I mean you walk around as a black person but I don't think you're forcing your blackness on me.

tisk tisk. It's really sad to see minorities put other minorities down

Old 11-13-2009, 12:30 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,865,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
"Preference" is an archaic idea that some still try to use in order to bash gay people. Anyone with any sense of human behavior understands that it's not a preference. I can't believe in 2009 some people still throw that word around. It's akin to using the word "colored"...very outdated.
I may be mistaken but I don't think she was using the word "preference" in regards to sexuality, but in regards to the neighborhood or type of town she'd like to live in--at least that's how I read it. But even if she's not, it's still a legitimate point. I'm not going to beat up a White person if he/she chooses not to live in a mixed or majority Black neighborhood. I see no need to expend energy on that. And neither will beating up on this particular poster as to what she desires in a place to live actually change her mind about what she desires in a neighborhood. That's the beauty of America; we've all got freedom.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:33 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,865,184 times
Quote:
completely agree!

It's like saying

or lets rephrase
with

That's not the best example because I know several Black folk who would say the same thing. And no, they aren't self-loathing Uncle Toms who consistently vote Republican either. All Black folks don't listen to hip hop, not by a long shot.

This is quickly turning into one of "those topics," so I'll stop here.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
That's not the best example because I know several Black folk who would say the same thing. And no, they aren't self-loathing Uncle Toms who consistently vote Republican either. All Black folks don't listen to hip hop, not by a long shot.

This is quickly turning into one of "those topics," so I'll stop here.
Thats the point I'm trying to make. Not all Gay people are flamboyant nor are in your face.
Should I avoid the black community because I went to the southside over labor day weekend and didn't like what I saw? really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.