Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your eye color
black or dark brown 96 25.81%
med to light brown (incl. hazel, amber) 72 19.35%
green 73 19.62%
violet 1 0.27%
blue 112 30.11%
grey 8 2.15%
other 10 2.69%
Voters: 372. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 07:12 AM

26 posts, read 46,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
My eyes are actually a unique dark green, which is noticeable in the right light. A DMV clerk wanted to use that on my I.D. However, when people look at me they think they're brown. So, based on over-all illusion, I clicked 'brown' on this poll.
My fiance has similiar eyes!

I've been with him for five years and still catch myself going "Oh.. I thought they were brown two minutes ago.. But I guess they're green again."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 07:14 AM

26 posts, read 46,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
African American and my eyes are dark brown. Everyone in my immediate family has dark brown eyes. I seen a lot of blacks with hazel eyes, which is the second most common eye color among blacks. Blue eyed blacks are the least common.

Here are a couple blue eyed blacks

Wow.. He has really pretty eyes.

I know an African American with one green eye and one brown eye - sounds a little weird, but it's really very pretty. She also has very light skin. ... She has a joke that "something must have happened somewhere in my family" Very pretty eyes

Old 08-17-2010, 01:09 PM

575 posts, read 1,371,494 times
Default eye color

I am of German descent on both parents' sides. My mom, dad and my two sisters and I all have medium blue eyes. Not too unusual, except one sister is more olive-skinned than anybody else on either side of the family.
As for the comments about violet eyes, if I wear a purple (amethyst or violet, not maroon or something purple-brown) shirt, my eyes tend to look violet.
There are a lot of people of German descent in Greater Cincinnati and I know many people around here with blue eyes.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:40 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,572,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollector View Post
I am of German descent on both parents' sides. My mom, dad and my two sisters and I all have medium blue eyes. Not too unusual, except one sister is more olive-skinned than anybody else on either side of the family.
As for the comments about violet eyes, if I wear a purple (amethyst or violet, not maroon or something purple-brown) shirt, my eyes tend to look violet.
There are a lot of people of German descent in Greater Cincinnati and I know many people around here with blue eyes.
German as well and I have very very blue eyes.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:47 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,924,857 times
Wow this poll is surprising, I thought that Black/Dark Brown eyes would be like 2/3, but it's only 1/4.

I have dark brown eyes (look almost black in dim light), and am of Puerto Rican & Southern European descent.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:16 AM

4,280 posts, read 6,086,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Other. It is listed as hazel on the Drivers License, but they change according to my mood, weather, light, whatever.... Sometimes green, sometimes gray, sometimes blue, never can tell what they are going to be at any time.
Mine change color, too. When I was younger they were brown, but I keep getting told now that they are different. Hardly anyone sees them when they are brown. I get it from my dad.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:10 PM

3 posts, read 5,757 times
I was born with 2 different color eyes...yet i couldn't trace the brown eye in my ancestory.....after 40 years... I found out that I dont have 2 different colored eyes.... I have one eye that has 2 big freckles on it ! (which therefore gave me my tiger eye-2 brown stripes) amazing !

Old 02-16-2011, 12:30 PM

19 posts, read 13,632 times
I have blond hair and blue eyes, which is rare for the area I live in since most are southern italian. Most around here have brown hair and eyes. It certainly attracts the guys to see a girl who doesn't look italian. (Even though I am italian, I look more like the german and irish side. Rest of the family has brown hair/eyes).

Old 04-17-2011, 07:53 PM

2 posts, read 3,665 times
dude, i have dark brown eyes........but i think im pretty happy with them. my friend said she like sees into my soul lol. although gray and hazel eyes are very beautiful colors.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:55 PM

2 posts, read 3,665 times
i actually picnik-ed myself having gray eyes and i did not like it one bit! my advice, be grateful because you have eyes, just dont focus on the beauty of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.