Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:45 PM

3 posts, read 20,392 times

Advertisements

Cabin Fever,
I am thinking of relocating to Blue Ridge and can't seem to find any sites that will give me solid info about prices, amenities, etc. Would you know of any places for me to start? I would highly appreciate it. My job starts fairly soon. I would just like a nice, affordable place to call home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 07:53 AM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 2,081,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving to BR View Post
Cabin Fever,
I am thinking of relocating to Blue Ridge and can't seem to find any sites that will give me solid info about prices, amenities, etc. Would you know of any places for me to start? I would highly appreciate it. My job starts fairly soon. I would just like a nice, affordable place to call home.
Sorry,I can't help you on that.Maybe Ellijay might have more to offer,it's only 18 miles from Blue Ridge.

Have you ever looked at the website Tripadvisor?Sign up and post a thread and maybe you will get lucky and find a local to give you some answers.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:52 AM

483 posts, read 2,093,821 times
Quote:
Cabin Fever,
This should have some info Gateway to the Blue Ridge Mountains - Fannin County, Georgia
You can see what restaurants, etc are there.
Not many apartments in this area, but you should be able to rent a house.
There are lots of 'for sale' signs up everywhere in N. Ga., so I suppose bargaining for a lower price would be worthwhile.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:40 PM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 2,081,214 times
Quote:
Cabin Fever,
Relocation Blue Ridge GA Georgia, Moving + Jobs - City Guide

Try this out.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:42 PM

2 posts, read 14,057 times
Default Dry counties in ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlemischievious View Post
I'm curious as to how many dry counties there are in Ga. and where they are located. I've searched everywhere I can think to search, but cannot find any info on this topic for Ga. So if you live in or near a dry county let me know. So far I know most are located in North Ga. Fannin County will vote on a referendum in Nov. about allowing pouring in restaurants. So would like to have an idea just how many dry counties are left in Ga.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:45 PM

2 posts, read 14,057 times
Union County is dry. No beer, wine or liquor. It is crazy.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:21 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,240,699 times
Brooks County (Valdosta MSA) is beer and wine only.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:47 AM

150 posts, read 481,873 times
Quote:
Cabin Fever,
If your coming up from Florida Id suggest Ellijay. Blue Ridge is refered to now as North Florida its almost like a Little China Town would be. I think you would prefer Ellijay more to do.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:15 PM

11 posts, read 74,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabinFever View Post
Blue Ridge Georgia is a dry county
Blue Ridge now sells beer and wine - it just passed in December - apparently there were some smart outgoing county officials who got it done before they left office. I think everyone is pretty happy there, from the sound of it during a recent visit we had over the holidays to the area.

You could always buy beer and wine in stores like the grocery stores, but now you can buy it with your meals too in restaurants.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:28 AM

2 posts, read 4,436 times
where can we buy bourbon? we are in hiawassee, ga
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia