Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2014, 04:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,960 times

Advertisements

We are going to move to the ATL area in the near future. I will be working at ATL Airport. I currently drive 30 miles and I would like to stay within a 30 mile radius around the airport. I have kids in school so that is one of the most important aspects of choosing a city to live in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 07:44 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times
Peachtree City or Fayetteville (Fayette County): 20-30 minute commute, excellent schools, tons of airline employees.

Coweta County (Newnan and Sharpsburg) will give you a little more house for the money but the schools aren't as good as Fayette.

These are really your two best options.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:48 PM

7,352 posts, read 6,521,770 times
If you wanted to take MARTA, you could look toward Buckhead and along GA-400 into Roswell and Alpharetta. It's a bit farther from the airport, but an easy ride on MARTA. Though depending on where "at the Atlanta airport" you are, MARTA may not work, but it's definitely an option worth considering.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:58 AM

191 posts, read 323,158 times
I agree with the MARTA option if you want to read or work while commuting rather than staring at brake lights in front of you. If you prefer an urban area the Morningside/Inman/Grady or Springdale/Inman/Grady school district is a good choice. Many folks choose to live in Sandy Springs for their coveted school district which also has direct MARTA access. I would much rather ride a train into work reading a newspaper or book than commuting to a suburb. You'll still have the great amenities of living in a city. I know of many pilots/flight attendants who live in North Atlanta and take MARTA down. I know even more Delta employees who live in Midtown/Buckhead and ride MARTA.

Also since MARTA is making huge strides of improvement with their new CEO - not only did they turn a $100+ million deficit to an $8-million surplus in under two years, but they also just decreased their train headways from 10 to 5-minutes during peak hours!!

Old 05-24-2014, 06:34 PM

83 posts, read 135,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Peachtree City or Fayetteville (Fayette County): 20-30 minute commute, excellent schools, tons of airline employees.

Coweta County (Newnan and Sharpsburg) will give you a little more house for the money but the schools aren't as good as Fayette.

These are really your two best options.
I second that motion!

Old 08-17-2014, 03:32 PM

25 posts, read 33,477 times
Fad3c - did you make the move, if so what did you find out about commuting to the airport? There may be a transfer to ATL in my future also and if you have anything to share would love to hear!
Thanks!

Old 08-21-2014, 02:37 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,636,169 times
Price range?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia