Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Abrams or Kemp?
Abrams 88 61.97%
Kemp 54 38.03%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2020, 09:52 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,393,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
No, not fake on my part at all.
But is yours a serious response to what has now been exposed as having been a LIE thrown out at Georgians on election eve.
I would think that Georgians of any political stripe would want to know the truth.
Is winning at any cost worth losing one's dignity in politics or in anything? And what about honor & integrity?

Using a word like "fake" could be construed as tantamount to a cop out.
It's a typical Republican retort these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2020, 01:00 PM

3,875 posts, read 4,700,158 times
Well look at how this has all turned out.. Just about as I expected it would!

Congrats to the Georgia GOP for pulling a fast one on Georgia's voters the weekend before the 2018 gubernatorial election!

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the long run, in view of the line found in the linked AJC report below that refers to a "lawsuit".

In speaking on the phone last year to a person high up in the Georgia Democratic state party hierarchy, they spoke of a lawsuit over the GOP deception. I say "Go for it!" & let what happened play out in a court room & thus be available for all Georgians to learn how they were misled by what plainly appears to have been purposeful GOP deception!

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regi...RsFxOeglGn57N/

Last edited by atler8; 05-29-2020 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: eliminated extra lines

Old 05-30-2020, 07:38 AM

1,005 posts, read 729,957 times
atler8, I agree with you. But we know that people only choose the information that suits their opinions. Some people will absolutely not care even when the writing is on the wall, so we shouldn't suffer fools. But those open to actual conversations are worth it.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:46 AM

3,875 posts, read 4,700,158 times
Default Gubernatorial race 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by seussie View Post
atler8, I agree with you. But we know that people only choose the information that suits their opinions. Some people will absolutely not care even when the writing is on the wall, so we shouldn't suffer fools. But those open to actual conversations are worth it.

You are correct. There are people who are reachable via teachable moments and that is worthy of effort.

My hope is that the reporting coming out of the GBI findings, etc. brings to the light what really went down that weekend just before the election and that we can learn from it and be wiser going forward.
Those who are uncomfortable with the findings may respond that the GBI findings are "fake news" & thus choose to willfully go their own way but I am personally sick and tired of such language which really only amounts to a cop out.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:12 AM

1,005 posts, read 729,957 times
You know, you're absolutely right. It is worthy of effort–I appreciate your effort and I'm sure other posters do, too. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia