Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 12:48 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,240,699 times

Advertisements

you're just using more electricity dixie dawg, and so is everyone else you've talked to. GA power has to get approval from the state to raise their rates; seems like they just got approval for a slight increase but not double or triple. read your bill!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 05:36 PM

199 posts, read 627,811 times
thank you!!

Old 02-13-2010, 11:06 PM

44 posts, read 245,650 times
First of all, we are not drastically using any more or any less electricity than we would normally use all year long. We constantly ran the air conditioner during the very hot summer and didn't see an increase like this. I've also spoken with other people who looked at their bills and their usage has not changed to the point of causing this.

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying this...."you're using more electricity". Of course, we may turn on the heat a little more, but we operate the heat no differently than we operate the air conditioner during the oppressive summers. We have the same habits that we've had in the past. We haven't done anything drastic to cause this. A lot of people are questioning their bills.

I'm just trying to find out if this is going on all over state or there is a rate increase in a localized area. I lived in Florida for six years and NEVER saw rate increases or bills like this.....and Florida is HOT in the summer. My husband is originally from Texas and he has recently found out that there have been HUGE rate increases near Killeen, TX. People have been protesting "big time" about their electric bills in Texas. So, I'm sorry, but ......something's not right....... If you have not had a rate increase, then count your blessings.....

Old 02-14-2010, 04:24 AM

1,352 posts, read 4,375,025 times
ASFIK ga power will begin adding a bunch of fees to offset their costs for the 2 new nuke reactors they want to build in the next 8 years. GA is one of the few states that allow a power company to charge for something ahead of time.

i am not sure if it will be listed on the bill as a separate fee or just tacked on to the kw price.

so you could be seeing this increase perhaps

Old 02-14-2010, 08:11 AM

767 posts, read 2,292,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Dawg View Post
First of all, we are not drastically using any more or any less electricity than we would normally use all year long...
If your KWH usage is the same for the last 12 months, then the supplier must have doubled or tripled your rate. A rate increase that large would certainly make the news.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,465 times
Ga. Power sent me an application to join their budget plan in April. I didn't have extremely high bills so I didn't think that I should pay 168.00 year round. Then I noticed an increase of $100 every month since April. I am up to $380.00 so far. This $100+ dollars over the same time last year. I called Georgia Power and they said that their digital meter dept. would call me. I have heard nothing from them. I only run one of my 2 units. If I ran both I could not pay the bill.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:02 PM

998 posts, read 1,549,872 times
Our power bill jumped $200 from the last month and that was with being on vacation for a week and a half... coincided with the smart meter stuff...

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aukM01UFXh0

Old 07-13-2011, 09:48 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
With the increased humidity, air conditioners are having to work harder. We are on the monthly budget plan simply because it makes it easier to budget over the year, not because we can't afford the extra money during the summer months. They offer it to you; why not take advantage?

Old 07-14-2011, 10:46 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,375,025 times
But ga isnt really much into coal. Here it is simply an issue of capacity. We need more and nobody is insane enough to build coal plants in 2010. So nukes it is. Hydro... not really enough rivers to come up with enough capacity.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,430 times
Default Take a look of some Texas cases, and customer win the case in Ca

You got to fight, smart meter is the problem, power deliver company is another problem for them knowing the problem, corrected it after we complain, and hide the truth from us.

Smart Meters?

You have hope to win your case if you work on it, please see this case happened in california:

PG&E admits billing errors, offers scanty refund | EMF Safety Network

and California PUC official decision for this case: [font=Arial][SIZE=2]Decision 11-05-025 May 26, 2011
Ryerson Agenda Dec On Expedited Complaint Procedure Complaint
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia