Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2015, 08:16 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,770,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
I wouldn't have ANY problem doing them since I am not a lazy worker.
Since you purportedly are not lazy, then make your own darn food at home and give the servers a break.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:18 PM

393 posts, read 306,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Most resturants...other than the very smallest of diners....use a computer system. The server enters it in the computer screen...it prints out in the kitchen or at the bar. I have not seen a hand written check at a restaurant in ages.
The server can still print out the check at *ANY* TIME. Also, servers have a written order if they CHOSE to WRITE IT DOWN as they SHOULD HAVE.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:18 PM

Springs, how many friends go out to eat with you? Repeatedly?

Old 05-04-2015, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
OP, do you EVER treat your servers well? Do you talk to them like the human beings they are?
YES I DO, actually BETTER than most treat us HONESTLY. When I tell them "thank you" why can't they apologize for their mistake they made? I mean I am thanking them when they messed up by when they for example, bring me that forgotten ranch, I say "thank you", but 95% of the time, no sorry from their mean mouths. In fact, sometimes it's blame. I had once a waiter that said "the kitchen forgot" when I had my sides of mayo forgotten. I wanted to tell him so badly, "NO, YOU FORGOT, NOT THE KITCHEN."

Quote:
Do you ask them how their day is going?
To the servers that we request and are good to us. WHY the hell would I give a flying you know what about someone that is giving us bad service that doesn't want to stay put to get the entire list, that doesn't say they are sorry when they mess up, that doesn't care about getting our orders right, they doesn't offer to do more things like "Would you like some more bread."

The ones that are NICE and CARING as well as HARD WORKING. The ones that are jerks, NO, I don't. I am pretty sure they don't want to chit chat with the customers that stiff them or give them 10%, so it's the same for us customers.

Quote:
Or do you treat them like your personal servant and slave?
NO, I am nice and ASK NICELY for things. I even thank them BEFORE I get the items. I have even apologized for my complicated orders even before I place them. Still doesn't help though, when they mess up, I don't get an apology from them. I am not mean when I say the problem. I just simply state what I had ordered over again in a nice manner.

They are my personal servant and slave to do every little whim I want for that tip though. That's what a job is. A job is to WORK HARD for your money, not be lazy.

Quote:
We asked the hostess how she was and how her night was going so far.
When you do those things, you do realize if it's busy servers don't have time to do this, right? You do realize that you are DELAYING SOMEONE ELSE'S SERVICE like their food, bar drinks, etc.?

Quote:
The result? An extra salad. A sampling of a new soup the chef was experimenting with (delicious!). A free dessert to split.
Unless he got the manager's permission to do this, you do realize that's STEALING if he didn't underrang items without the manager's consent, right? If so, how do you feel about that if that were the case, huh?

Quote:
All because WE treated him as a HUMAN BEING, not a slave or servant.
Unless the server PAID OUT OF HIS OWN POCKET HIMSELF, he didn't give you anything, the *MANAGER* did. Since when do servers get to just take things off the bill and give freebies without the manager's consent, huh?

Quote:
You get what you give.
NOT always, as I said before, which this is an example, at Applebee's, I apologized to the waitress for my heavily modified order. Her response was something about that she was here to satisfy the customer. So the food comes out from another server, the mexi-ranch was missing and the tartar sauce was missing. Both of those since they were condiments that need no cooking nor not even 5 minutes worth even of prepare time even, she could have brought those out ahead of time and AVOIDED them from being missing. So the waitress that ran the food I told, didn't say she was sorry and just yelled it out to my server that these items were missing rather than working as a team. Then our waitress brought out the mexi-ranch, but no sorry from her mouth, which I told her "thank you." She said the tartar sauce would be out in a moment. Another waitress(a 3rd waiterss) ends up bringing out the tartar sauce. All of this altogether took 5 minutes LITERALLY to get everything finally correct. My point is, I was NICER TO OUR WAITRESS THAN SHE WAS TO US. SHE NEVER ONCE, NOT ONCE SAID ONE FREAKIN SORRY. She was so mean. I mean WHY would you NOT apologize for something *YOU* COULD HAVE BROUGHT OUT AHEAD OF TIME? NO ONE said they were sorry. I didn't expect the 3rd waitress to apologize since she was just fixing the issue that our waitress and the other waitress should have fixed, but I did expect a sorry from the waitress that ran the food with 2 OBVIOUS CONTAINERS MISSING that should have read the ticket in the kitchen or computer screen order in the kitchen to compare the food to, to make sure that she wasn't forgetting anything from the kitchen to our table. Our waitress should have apologized since she could have brought those out ahead of time.

Quote:
If I was the owner or manager of a restaurant and I witnessed you treating on of my employees like you purport to on this thread, I was politely but firmly ask you to not return. Your few dollars of profit to me would not be worth the mistreatment of my staff.
I will say this again, WTH ARE YOU GETTING THAT I AM NOT NICE, HUH? I AM NICER THAN THE SERVERS ARE TO US. SERIOUSLY, I AM.

Quote:
I am curious....do you often dine out with others who witness your atrocious behavior?
My behavior is not atrocious and you know it.

Quote:
Stay home...cook your own food.
No, I won't. You just sound lazy.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:47 PM

OP, you are delusional.

Nope, my server did not steal. The hostess did not delay. It's called "relationship building". You should try it sometime.

The restaurant is family owned.

All the people I interacted with are the co-owners because they are all part of the family.

The place is always PACKED.

Quote:
I will say this again, WTH ARE YOU GETTING THAT I AM NOT NICE, HUH? I AM NICER THAN THE SERVERS ARE TO US. SERIOUSLY, I AM.
I'm getting that from your own words and your own behavior.

Seriously, you gave your server a typed list?!? Who does that?!?

You are a PITA customer, and you KNOW it.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post

No, I won't. You just sound lazy.
How so?

Old 05-04-2015, 08:49 PM

And....I find it VERY INTERESTING that you've never answered any of the people who have asked about others dining with you.

Which I will take to mean that no one dines with you.

Can't say that I blame them. I'd avoid dining with you too. How embarrassing.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Why do you go out to eat?
Duh, I enjoy good food. I also enjoy being out somewhere other than home.

Quote:
Why is it your place to ensure that your server "works"?
It's called a *TIP*, DUHH! If they would abolish tipping, then it wouldn't be my place then since their employer would be paying them their full wages.

Quote:
Are you their actual boss?
95% of the way yes in that because they want more than $2.13/hr. If they don't expect a tip, then I am not their boss. So if they expect anything over their $2.13/hr, then I am their boss. I mean why would servers *ASK* what "YOU" want if you weren't the person RULING THE SERVICE, HUH?

Quote:
Do you sign their payroll checks?
They don't have payroll checks of much, because most of the $2.13/hr goes to taxes. Like one server on a blog said their check was like $35.

Quote:
Do you seriously believe they are mind readers?
NO, that's why I am all about asking questions. I hate servers that assume.

Quote:
Do you think what you want and what you think is proper is part of their training?
It should be trained so there aren't as many problems as they are. There is such bad service these days, it's ridiculous.

Quote:
Seriously, open a restaurant and train servers to do as you think they should do or go and be a server and see how easy it is to have customers that are so needy and demanding.
You sound lazy to say "needy" and "demanding." See I don't mind doing work. I am not like your kind. At my last job, the internet server went down, everybody else was chit chatting in the office playing around, I went to grab the vacuum cleaner, vacuumed almost the entire office. I EARN MY PAY! I am a go getter. I was even called that by the boss I had at the donut shop/diner even back when I worked there in 1998-2002 off and on a little over 2yrs worth altogether. My first raise was within only a month and a half, and that was my first job even.

I used to clean things that no one would at the donut shop when it was slow like during the summer months on the afternoon shift. Some of the other co-workers would be chit chatting with customers without doing work while they were talking and some would even sit down for a while.

I never said it was easy, but I don't take it as "demands" if the customer is nice when they ask for something.

Quote:
FYI, those "free" items you get from the owner are not "free", you and everyone else pays for them in some fashion or another, whether you use them or not.
SO WHAT? Also, if we regularly dine there, eventually it comes in the prices. If we only go once, why do I care if YOU had to pay for my stuff? I don't know you, so who gives a care? You don't care about me, I don't care about you, it's that simple.

Quote:
The servers who wait on you and numerous other customers like you throughout their shift do "WORK" and trust me they earn beyond their pay and what little they get in tips from customers like you.
Sometimes and sometimes not. If they don't *TRY* their best and get things wrong because if it, then they haven't worked hard and you know it.

Quote:
If you consistently have issues like this in all types of restaurants, I would strongly suggest you look in the mirror because the way you have written everything here and how you have responded, you ARE a "horrible" restaurant patron.
NO, it has NOTHING to do with that. It has to do with that they don't want to do "ALL OF THAT" for the tip. They want 20% to do very little. They don't want to do all what I want no matter even if I paid them 50% tip, they don't want to, because they are just lazy. They aren't like a worker like me that will take a vacuum out because I am bored to have something to do. They want to be lazy. I am the type of worker you would like, because I look for things to do. I am not there just standing doing nothing.

For example, I wiped the chairs that were at the counter while everyone else just waited for some customers to come on when we had like 4-6 counter girls on the weekend days. They'd be doing nothing, I'd be EARNING my pay, because I want to work. I am not lazy like people that you seem to be.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Nope, my server did not steal.
So the manager told you for certain or the server told you that the manager OK'D the freebies?

Quote:
The hostess did not delay.
Everytime you make personal conversation you are delaying other customers that need something. You have NO CLUE OF WTH you are talking about. Unless you are the only customer that server has, you have delayed people that need their server in most cases.

Quote:
It's called "relationship building". You should try it sometime.
NO, it's called being SELFISH and INCONSIDERATE. WHY don't you try sometime to be considerate of other people's time and feelings by NOT delaying them their service they are entitled to, huh?

Quote:
The restaurant is family owned.
SO WHAT? That has NOTHING to do with this.

Quote:
All the people I interacted with are the co-owners because they are all part of the family.
You said you interacted with the server. The server is serving other people besides just your family. You aren't their only customer in most cases.

Quote:
The place is always PACKED
SO? Doesn't have anything to do with your points. IRRELEVANT.

Quote:
Seriously, you gave your server a typed list?!? Who does that?!?
One that was desperate to get her order right. Who wants things to go well so NOTHING goes wrong. DUHHH!!

A person that also doesn't want to FORGET to ask for something.

Quote:
You are a PITA customer, and you KNOW it.
SEE HOW LAZY YOU ARE!! Anyone that calls anyone a "pita" is lazy. No customer is a "pita", because that would mean you don't like doing extra work. That's being lazy.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
How so?
By telling me to cook my own food, that's how, DUHH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates