Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2015, 02:17 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,163,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If you are referring to Planned Parenthood, no tax money is used for abortions.
I was referring to the use of tax dollars for any personal decision, be it abortion, birth control, or whatever.

And if your claim were true, PP would open their books for an audit. But they won't, because money is fungible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 02:19 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,163,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Its up to the mother to decide if she wants to abort her baby. Its her fetus, not yours.
Is it her baby, or is it her fetus?

Old 11-21-2015, 02:23 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times
I thought this issue had already been decided by our Supreme Court.

Old 11-21-2015, 02:26 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I thought this issue had already been decided by our Supreme Court.
True, but the Supreme Court as it exists today worries the hell out of me

Old 11-21-2015, 02:28 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,964,579 times
Here's my take. Personally I am against it unless there's a serious health or life consideration. Sex is a choice. Do it have a baby so deal with it. Now this is just a thought to get a perspective.

What if the law said abortion was legal but all lives involved are to be terminated. The man, woman and fetus. How many people would go for that?

In short I say you do you because if your a believer only you will have to answer to your God.

Old 11-21-2015, 02:50 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,809,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Exodus 21;22-35,
If a man causes a woman to loose her baby prematurely, and it dies, the judgment is life for a life
No the punishment is to pay a fee of the husband's choosing. I covered this thoroughly a few pages back.

Old 11-21-2015, 03:24 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,643,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Here's my take. Personally I am against it unless there's a serious health or life consideration. Sex is a choice. Do it have a baby so deal with it. Now this is just a thought to get a perspective.

What if the law said abortion was legal but all lives involved are to be terminated. The man, woman and fetus. How many people would go for that?

In short I say you do you because if your a believer only you will have to answer to your God.
So being forced to have an unwanted child is the punishment for having sex?

Old 11-21-2015, 03:44 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
A full third of American women of child-bearing years won't go near the pill because they know of its potential risks and side effects. 2/3's of women that try birth control pills go off them within 3 months due to the side effects. Odds are VERY GOOD that the woman you have just met on Match.com is running without an effective form of birth control protection, regardless of her socioeconomic status. Wrap that rascal. Sadly, condoms and coitus interruptus (and abstinence) remain, in 2015, the main go to's, for everything sexual: disease prevention, contraception and family planning. I'll say it again: Smartphones have undergone more research and development in the last 5 years, than birth control technology has in the last 50.

Old 11-21-2015, 04:39 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,303,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
A full third of American women of child-bearing years won't go near the pill because they know of its potential risks and side effects. 2/3's of women that try birth control pills go off them within 3 months due to the side effects. Odds are VERY GOOD that the woman you have just met on Match.com is running without an effective form of birth control protection, regardless of her socioeconomic status. Wrap that rascal. Sadly, condoms and coitus interruptus (and abstinence) remain, in 2015, the main go to's, for everything sexual: disease prevention, contraception and family planning. I'll say it again: Smartphones have undergone more research and development in the last 5 years, than birth control technology has in the last 50.
Because the birth control technology can really f@ck you up, and the companies are hesitant to be the first massive lawsuit.

Old 11-21-2015, 04:56 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,898,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Have you seen any pigs flying? LOL
No, but I thought I felt a very small earthquake yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post

If abortion were legal in the '50s I would not be here as my mother would have done the same legally.
I wouldn't be here either, but I might have had a much happier life than being born to parents who didn't want kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
I was referring to the use of tax dollars for any personal decision, be it abortion, birth control, or whatever.

And if your claim were true, PP would open their books for an audit. But they won't, because money is fungible.
Most of the "funding" PP gets is in the form of reimbursements from services provided. But do you really want them to stop their services if they don't get reimbursed? One town tried it and now they're having an epidemic of HIV infections. Turned out PP was the only place in the area where people could get tested.

Indiana Shut Down Its Rural Planned Parenthood Clinics And Got An HIV Outbreak

Another Colorado town gave away free IUDs and birth control. Unwanted pregnancies and abortions dropped like a rock.

Colo. won't fund birth-control initiative despite success

Which is your preference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates