Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2016, 03:15 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Moderator cut: Personal Attack

ALL people who are having sex should have the "what will we do if I get pregnant" conversation. If you cannot have that conversation with someone, then you should not be having sex with that person.

What good will this conversation do if the woman can do what she wants in the event that pregnancy occurs?

Old 07-12-2016, 03:45 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,090,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
What good will this conversation do if the woman can do what she wants in the event that pregnancy occurs?
He should be able to discern something of her attitude and her intentions. Then maybe he can decide he doesn't want to have sex with her. It's no guarantee that she'll follow through with what she says, but it's better than never even having the conversation in the first place.

A lot of guys never bother having the conversation. Because why? She's hot, and she's willing, what else do they need to know?

All the other risks that could come from hooking up with a woman they barely know—she's crazy, she wants a baby REAL bad and will lie to get it, she's married to a jealous ex-con, whatever—these are of no interest. The guys never even bother to find out! Why? Because she's hot and she's willing.

Then, when there's an unexpected pregnancy, these guys are all astonished, as if they had no idea where babies came from, and never expected that having sex with a woman would result in that...

Women can be just as foolish, and there's been plenty of blame pointed in their direction, especially on this thread. But not the men. Why is that? They are the other part of this equation, and yet they themselves somehow feel blameless and almost "victims." As if impregnating a woman and then being expected to support their own offspring is some horrible injustice foisted upon them. They had no say in the matter and were powerless to prevent the circumstances which led up to the pregnancy in the first place. (In other words, they chose to have sex with her.)

Old 07-12-2016, 03:51 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,228,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbro2002 View Post
There was a time when a woman having a child out of wedlock was a shameful thing. Now a woman having a child or multiple children out of wedlock is considered a hero. Why is it heroic? Children born out of wedlock are still more likely to have a disadvantaged life compared to a child raised by married parents so why do we as a society now put single mother's on a pedestal? Single mothers by in large have made a poor life choice(s) and their children will suffer to some extent because of it.
They are not all heroes. Many are simply stupid. They lapse in birth control and voila, pregnant. Now a kid has to suffer their fate. In many cases, it's the second or third kid by as many fathers? Almost like a syndrome now. Also, you failed to mention a LOT of them drove their partners away through infidelity, trashy acts, drugs and alcohol.

Its not ALWAYS the dad's fault? Many put themselves there. Just cruise around the malls andd watch. Looks like the village people on many days. Modern family my assets. More like social liabilities everyone will have to pay for. The results will show up in a BLM march someday mad at the world and swinging at their shadows. The script almost writes itself.

Heroes? Probably for the same reason every kid gets a t-ball trophy despite their performance. Because their "special"......at what?

You know what's a real hero? The new spouse that raises someone else's seed(s). Now THAT is a hero.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:12 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
He should be able to discern something of her attitude and her intentions. Then maybe he can decide he doesn't want to have sex with her. It's no guarantee that she'll follow through with what she says, but it's better than never even having the conversation in the first place.

A lot of guys never bother having the conversation. Because why? She's hot, and she's willing, what else do they need to know?

All the other risks that could come from hooking up with a woman they barely know—she's crazy, she wants a baby REAL bad and will lie to get it, she's married to a jealous ex-con, whatever—these are of no interest. The guys never even bother to find out! Why? Because she's hot and she's willing.

Then, when there's an unexpected pregnancy, these guys are all astonished, as if they had no idea where babies came from, and never expected that having sex with a woman would result in that...

Women can be just as foolish, and there's been plenty of blame pointed in their direction, especially on this thread. But not the men. Why is that? They are the other part of this equation, and yet they themselves somehow feel blameless and almost "victims." As if impregnating a woman and then being expected to support their own offspring is some horrible injustice foisted upon them. They had no say in the matter and were powerless to prevent the circumstances which led up to the pregnancy in the first place. (In other words, they chose to have sex with her.)
So men should be mind readers? ok then.

I do think it is an injustice when men, who make it clear that they do not want a child from the beginning are forced to pay child support for at least 18 years solely because the woman wants to have a child.

My husband and I do not have nor want children. I would be livid if some woman from his past comes out of the woodwork saying that he owes child support. What would I say? "Well, honey you should have read her mind!" Or, "You should have remained a virgin until you met me."

Neither of those options are realistic.

Last edited by mochamajesty; 07-12-2016 at 05:14 AM..

Old 07-12-2016, 04:16 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
ROFL! Is that the story women tell each other? My first sexual experience was at the age of 12 with a 26 year old neighbor. I can't even remember getting a hard on before she got my pants off. I was even raped once by a woman when I was too sick to fend her off. She came down with that flu a couple weeks later, collapsed in a grocery store and had to be taken to the ER by ambulance. I thought that was poetic justice.

Women want sex. If they aren't getting it, they go looking for it.
Youre disgusting and have some bloody imagination..

Old 07-12-2016, 08:14 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise of virtue View Post
Just like the women who give the kid up for adoption or drop them off at fire stations take the cowards way out. No real difference.
Meh, women who choose adoption or drop their baby at a safe haven are at least acknowledging they are not capable of raising the child and are making sure that child has a chance being cared for and raised by a family. Men who just ditch/vanish at the P word and dont at least see the child will be provided for, yeah that is a little different. Not everyone is able to be a parent, man or woman, but if they cant provide their love and support they should at least see to it the child is being cared for by someone capable.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:16 AM

531 posts, read 384,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Youre disgusting and have some bloody imagination..
Hes disgusting because 2 women raped him? I must be missing something.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:35 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Then in that case, men who are not interested in fatherhood pre conception should not be forced to pay child support if the woman goes ahead and has the child.
No, men who are not interested in fatherhood should not be having unprotected vaginal sex. If anyone chooses to have sex and a pregnancy occurs, it is too late at this point to opt out. There are choices and consequences for both parties. The best choice is not to have sex with someone you are not is a committed relationship with and are not on the same page regarding an accidental pregnancy. Being that the fetus is parasitic and living in the females body she has the choice of bringing it to fruition or not. Once it is a viable, living child it is the responsibility of both parents to see the child is financially supported.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:43 AM

538 posts, read 731,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazChasey View Post
LOL. Are you for real?

How about women not getting intimate with men if they don't want to carry another human being inside them for nine months and then raise them for another 18 years?

While they're both responsible for bringing a child into the world, a woman has MORE of an obligation to make the correct decision because she bears the brunt of the penalty for a poor decision.

The guy at the poker table who blew a grand but has a million $ in his bank account is still a loser, but not on the same level as the guy who blew the last $1000 he had to his name. One faces much more serious consequences for his failure and should have the common sense and wisdom not to put himself in that situation.

Ladies, all your single mom problems will be solved if you just close your legs and stop falling for a-hole losers. Don't cry to me if you're too stupid to realize that. There's nothing heroic about shooting yourself in the foot.
No, the question is are you for real.

Takes 2 to tango, baby...and if you play, YOU PAY...that means the daddy, too.

Keep your peter in your pants.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:55 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,681,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbro2002 View Post
There was a time when a woman having a child out of wedlock was a shameful thing. Now a woman having a child or multiple children out of wedlock is considered a hero. Why is it heroic? Children born out of wedlock are still more likely to have a disadvantaged life compared to a child raised by married parents so why do we as a society now put single mother's on a pedestal? Single mothers by in large have made a poor life choice(s) and their children will suffer to some extent because of it.
Because there are so many of them now that they can claim to be whatever they want, and be heard.

There are 2.5+ million single dads who are raising their kids (don't remember the exact number) and it's rare to hear anything about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates