Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2016, 08:45 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,381,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
So we end up not caring, You win revenge in your own mind, your kid is cheated and suffers, and another one will take his place. Sounds like a "Victory" to me.
It is what it is. Ensembles require that a majority participate; if that doesn't happen, the show does not go on. This is not about me wanting revenge. I have nothing to do with it. However, I have raised teenagers of my own, and I have a solid understanding of the futility of adults trying to force their will on high schoolers. I think some of you need to come to terms with how much power the teens are likely wielding in this decision. Will they regret it? No way to know, but ultimately it's their choice.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:53 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,321,986 times
Quote:
I think Trump Haters can't come to the conclusion that they are a minority, and they need to invent a reason r excuse for their "Revenge" attitude, so they use whatever comes along, including their Kids. Be a Man and admit it has nothing to do with your Kids. Hate consumes all reason and sensibility.
Hillary Clinton's popular vote margin was almost three million votes over Trump. I do not cite this to argue that Clinton won the election. I cite it refute your point that Trump opponents are a "minority".

All this invective about how bad liberals are sore losers is funny in one respect. I guess than liberals must be a majority because if you add the 48.3% of the vote Hillary got to Jill Stein's 2.2% that means "liberals" got more than 50% of the total vote.

Donald Trump got 46% which you are all hailing as a landslide victory.

I daresay we are not in the minority. We lost because of a fluke in our system that allows the person with the most popular votes to lose the election.

Its Trump who showed what hatred could accomplish this election and its frightening.

Last edited by markg91359; 12-22-2016 at 09:02 PM..

Old 12-22-2016, 09:25 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,115,120 times
Quote:
If your a Hate Mongering Parent with that kind of attitude and views, your Kids probably would not be in a Band in the first place. They would probably be Juvenile delinquents unfit to have the honor.
Hahaha! Until I read your other posts, I thought you meant if you were a parent with "that kind of attitude and views" LIKE TRUMP "your kids probably would not be in a band in the first place. They would probably be juvenile delinquents unfit to have the honor" much like Trump would be if he weren't rich and apparently an excellent self-promoter.

Apologies if I accidentally repped you! Lol!

Old 12-22-2016, 09:25 PM

290 posts, read 313,366 times
What do you expect, the bands come from the DC and Maryland area. An area where he only received about 30% of the vote. Maybe he needs to expand to the Wayback Mississippi area I think he received 100% of their vote. On the other hand, is that super talented Kid Rock available?

Old 12-22-2016, 09:32 PM

25,584 posts, read 17,310,316 times
And where will all these teachers, administrators, and parents be if Trump turns out to be a very successful and popular president who goes on to serve 2 terms? How will the students remember them?

The "Trump will not last a year" crowd is all full of forecasts for the Trump administration now, but they don't know. No one does at this point, no matter how many times they say, "I guarantee you...."

I remember when Bush had an 80% approval rating; I remember when Nixon won in a landslide. Predicting the future is tricky stuff.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:35 PM

25,584 posts, read 17,310,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekman243 View Post
What do you expect, the bands come from the DC and Maryland area. An area where he only received about 30% of the vote. Maybe he needs to expand to the Wayback Mississippi area I think he received 100% of their vote. On the other hand, is that super talented Kid Rock available?
58.1%. You could have looked it up yourself, but laziness is one of the hallmarks of a liberal.
As you just demonstrated.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:44 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,382,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
McCain faults will never outweigh his sacrifice to our nation as when he served years and years as a POW.

his racial bigotry started on day one of his campaign, his religious hate came a few days later, but his supporters don't mind that aspect of his personality.
McCain is a traitor and a lunatic. The fact that he suffered terribly doesn't justify his present-day behavior.

And I note that you present no evidence of "racial or religious bigotry". I also note that you switched the subject from religious "bigotry" to religious "hate", which is something different, but you didn't present any evidence of that either.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:51 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,115,120 times
Quote:
Yep, Much better for them to be part of "Cry Ins" and need "Crayons and Play Dough" to cope with the real World when they get older. I could never understand why some Parents like to pass on their Hate to their Kids, and use them as weapons of retaliation or revenge, claiming its in their best interest. In reality, you have no expectation of Trump being X rated at his Inauguration, do you?
Who said anything about X rated? Or "cry ins"? Or any other nonsense you're spewing?

We won't watch the inauguration because I don't want my kids to a) believe what comes out of his mouth (as so many others have been susceptible to) and accept it as fact b) hear his awful mischaracterizations of "others" c) hear his poor syntax, grammar, and sneering attitude and think any of those things are ok d) hear his simplistic positions and think that's a coherent plan for a country as rich and diverse as America e) hear his pitiful vocabulary f) all of the above--I want to protect their perception of America just a little bit longer. They should be able to look up to and respect their president. Trump hasn't shown himself to be worthy of respect. I love this country too much to just lay it out bare in front of them what kind of anger and cynicism is running through our country right now. I'd rather shelter them a bit longer and pretend he's an ok guy, while they acquire stronger critical thinking skills and a broader perspective. Then we can start listening and discussing together.

They do need "crayons and play doh" right now, not twitter rants and pu$$y grabbing.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:52 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,382,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the list is endless, lets start with his inability to disavow david duke right off the bat. hiring bannon another win for hate. if you can't see why this is troubling I can't help you.
The David Duke thing was an instance of an a--hole reporter putting hm on the spot with a "gotcha" moment in which Trump had to decide whether to act like a trained seal or let the guy know that he doesn't take orders from a leftist jack*ss.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:54 PM

290 posts, read 313,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
58.1%. You could have looked it up yourself, but laziness is one of the hallmarks of a liberal.
As you just demonstrated.

Are you from Wayback, I must have hit a nerve. He didn't come close to winning DC nor Maryland so I don't know where you got that 58% from. But I know who I am talking to so whatever. Can you believe that you are over 70 years of age arguing and calling people names on a internet forum, wow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates