Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2016, 01:10 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times

Advertisements

It is clear to me from the posts in this thread that Trump does not support the largest " hate group" in the United States, that being the Democrat Party.

Old 12-23-2016, 01:10 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,108 times
Frankly, for the ones who are no longer interested, they can learn (FINALLY) that sometimes, things don't always go your way. Especially when narrow minded parents are involved. They can learn to live with disappointment. It's a valuable lesson.

As far as paying for the other bands? Why? The guvmint' has already paid too much. 19 Trillion in debt. And counting. The party has to end sometime. Maybe it's time the Democrat parents of such bands learned this.

Old 12-23-2016, 01:55 PM

4,224 posts, read 3,014,681 times
The people who hold all that public debt don't seem to want their money back. If they did, they could have it at any time. Secondary markets are plentiful and easily accessible.

Old 12-23-2016, 02:41 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Hate, and then have milk and cookies later at the PTA meeting and church socials....
It isn't hate. It's disgust. 2 very different things.

Old 12-23-2016, 03:10 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It isn't hate. It's disgust. 2 very different things.

^^^^ Absolutely. What kinds of lessons do we want to teach our kids ? Do we want them to think that we support a pathological liar, a womanizer (but who really has no respect for them), someone who stiffed almost everyone who did work for him, and a man who only thinks of himself ? The sour grapes are over and done with, now it simply boils down to what integrity we want to instill in our young.

It would be so hypocritical of us to say "The man is a pig, but go and play your heart out at his inauguration !" My hat is off to those who made the decision to say "NO WAY".

Old 12-23-2016, 03:15 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
It is clear to me from the posts in this thread that Trump does not support the largest " hate group" in the United States, that being the Democrat Party.
Yup because it's the Dems that want to slash SS/Medicare, eliminate universal healthcare and labor unions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
^^^^ Absolutely. What kinds of lessons do we want to teach our kids ? Do we want them to think that we support a pathological liar, a womanizer (but who really has no respect for them), someone who stiffed almost everyone who did work for him, and a man who only thinks of himself ? The sour grapes are over and done with, now it simply boils down to what integrity we want to instill in our young.

It would be so hypocritical of us to say "The man is a pig, but go and play your heart out at his inauguration !" My hat is off to those who made the decision to say "NO WAY".
What I don't get is for all of the people in an uproar about the parents and administrators not wanting their kids to play at this inauguration, what if the kids themselves don't want to play?

Old 12-23-2016, 03:30 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
For the first time, this country will not have a president. It will have a host of a sleazy TV reality show, running on a cable channel, with X-rated content. Children under 18 should not be allowed to attend or watch such a spectacle.

Old 12-23-2016, 03:32 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,574,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I heard on the radio this morning that a somewhat local to me, award winning high school marching band has been invited to march for Trumps inauguration but the sore loser people in charge are saying no and not allowing the band to travel to DC.

The only thing I could find online is that the band leader submitted the application and is still waiting to see if the band is accepted.

The way I see America has just elected it's 45th President and it would be an honor and an experience that those kids would remember for the rest of their lives. Imagine traveling to DC and marching for a new President in a parade.

Is it wrong for the parents and faculty to deny the kids such an experience just because they don't like the new Presidents policies?

What are they teaching here?
Well, you don't know that that's true, is what you're saying. So let's see if that turns out to be true.

You're talking about having respect for the office of the Presidency, it seems. So...did you send out a post after Rep. Wilson yelled out "YOU LIE!" to the President during the State of the Union address, asking if it was wrong to disrespect the office of the Presidency, the solemnity of the proceedings, and the Congressional host of the event?

Did you send out a post when Republican Leader McDonnell refused to shake the hand of Supreme Court Justice Brenner, a Democrat, at the State of the Union address?

There was recently a mayor and another official whose emails referred to Michelle Obama as an "ape in heels." Did you post a post about the disrespect to the First Lady? What had Michelle Obama done or said that caused these people to say that...was it because they "didn't like her policies"? Or was it something else we need not mention?

There is a website, and there have been numerous photoshopped pics on the net showing the President and the First Lady as apes or chimps. Have you sent out posts, asking if it's wrong to disrespect the Presidency because they don't like his policies, or for whatever other reason?

But here you have a candidate who literally mocked a disabled person on national TV before a crowd of cheering supporters. You have a candidate who referred to an ordinary hispanic citizen as "Miss Housekeeping." You have a candidate who has repeatedly stated that a former First Lady should be locked up or deported, despite not being charged with any crime. You have a candidate who refused to repudiate the support of the KKK. You have a candidate who has chosen a white nationalist as his Chief Strategist. You have a candidate who bragged about getting away with molesting women because he's rich and famous.

The question should be: Has this incoming President done anything yet to bring respect and decorum to the Office of the Presidency, such that would cause the citizens to respect him and feel safe in his presence, and honored to be in his presence?

In my observation, as an independent, Democrats normally don't like Republicans because of their policies. Republicans don't like Democrats because they are not Republicans. This time may be different. The nominee is different. Should a black or hispanic or disabled person be required to perform for the President-elect, knowing how HE feels about THEM? Knowing that he may be mocking them behind the curtain? That he may call them names, as he has done so often to ordinary citizens?

Old 12-23-2016, 03:53 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So, it's a "gotcha" question to ask if you accept the support of a KKK grand wizard? See, most people would have had no problem saying, no, absolutely not, without having to think about it for a few days. But that would have alienated the vast majority of his supporters and he knew it.

For the first time in my adult life I will not be watching this inauguration. And I say this as a dyed-in-the-wool liberal/progressive who has watched every one since Jimmy Carter's, Republican and Democrat alike. Even when I vehemently disagreed with their politics I respected them as human beings. I cannot say the same for this man. And I'm not the least bit surprised that no one wants to "celebrate" this deplorable man's inauguration. We can only hope his stay in the Oval Office is brief.
So what? <bold> Seriously now, do you or anyone else that holds your opinions actually think anyone will notice or care? Do you or anyone else that holds your opinions think ANYTHING you do will stop Trump from entering the White House or from doing what he thinks is his right to do?
It certainly didn't stop the current occupant of the White House from doing whatever HE wished even though 2/3 of the nation thought we as a nation and he as a president were going in the WRONG direction for years now so why would anyone think this election will be any different. It's OVER and to quote his eminence Obama "Elections have consequences".

Y'all better buckle up, it's going to be a scary,terrifying and bumpy ride if how y'all are acting now before ANYTHING has happened is any indication.

Old 12-23-2016, 03:53 PM

4,224 posts, read 3,014,681 times
Let's not forget Trump's walking in on and strolling around among nude and half-nude Miss USA contestants as they changed into bikinis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates