Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2017, 09:49 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,994,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I notice there are a lot of folks who don't like black people here and are determined to steer this discussion into that direction. The OP was right.
if you are referring to me.........read paragraph 7 of post #74
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 09:52 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,994,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub-911 View Post
What do the people to be afraid of in the ghettos of Tokyo look like? How about Manilla, Shanghai, or Ho Chi Minh City? Islamabad? Lahore? Mumbai? Moscow, Warsaw, Tallin, or Zagreb? Cast your bread upon the waters...

If you read my entire post, you would have noticed I was researching areas to retire within the US

Old 05-09-2017, 09:56 AM

4,224 posts, read 3,015,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
If you read my entire post, you would have noticed I was researching areas to retire within the US
Yes, that was quite clear. As was the fact that you drew an entirely irrational inference from whatever that research entailed.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:10 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,791,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
How is the movie BS and not historically accurate pray tell? Because I've done the research and don't see any major issues with it - all historical depictions take some creative license, but the facts seem to be pretty well represented in my view.
I'm not going to bother looking up income and race cross tabulations, but I'd be the house that in every income strata, black crime is higher than white or oriental crime percentage-wise.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:28 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub-911 View Post
No, I am deadly serious. Possession of the facts can often have that effect.

What a hoot! Such claims have no scientific basis. They are at best outdated blarney.
Is that what they told you in your gender studies class?

What amazing innovations in 2017 have come from the minds of women. While I'm sure there has to be a few, I can say with little to no hesitation that pretty much every breakthrough innovation this last year was the idea of a man or men.

Let's test this. here is a list of inventions from last year. Go ahead and research all 100 items on the list and tell us how many were created by women. I'm sure there will be some because as a society we love love love the idea of women and minorities that aren't Asian creating stuff, but the reality is they couldn't make a list of 100 noteworthy female tech inventions from a single calendar year if they tried.

The 100 Greatest Innovations Of 2016 | Popular Science

Old 05-09-2017, 10:38 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,204,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
I'm not going to bother looking up income and race cross tabulations, but I'd be the house that in every income strata, black crime is higher than white or oriental crime percentage-wise.
How convenient that you wouldn't.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:51 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,556,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyweight View Post
When a crime is committed in the US, there's much ado or speculation about the race of the individual. There's often coded language about race, religion, mental health, the weapon used, the tangled relationships or the wealth involved.

They're thugs.
They're muslim.
He's a lone wolf (e.g. crazy).
He's an irresponsible gun owner.
He got rid of her for his mistress.
He collected the life insurance.

However, the media and the population rarely (if ever?) dissect why violent crime is so decidedly, overwhelmingly male. There's often discussion over what to do about those thugs, those immigrants, those religious extremists or those guns. What gets lost, is that men, regardless of race, color, religion, creed, weapon of choice or financial standing are the principal proponents of violence.

Men are half of the population yet are charged with 73% of offenses against family and children, 77% of aggravated assault, 89% of murder and 99% of forcible rape according to 2012 FBI statistics.

Are men raised differently than women, expected (even encouraged) to be more physical?
Are hormones a driving factor?
What is it about men that prevents them from controlling violent impulses?
Is men perpetuating violence ignored because it's simply accepted as nothing exceptional?

A 20F degree day during a Wisconsin winter is nothing of note. A 68 degree day is newsworthy. Is a violent man (murderer, wife beater, rapist, child abuser) just another 20 degree day?

Yea its a real conundrum as long as we carry on the PC pretense that men and women are the same. Despite about a million years of sexual and physiological dimorphism in homo sapiens.

Now if we are honest, and admit while men and women should have equal treatment and equal opportunities as populations they are not the "same", and never could be, we can look at the biological as well as the social environmental causes and predispositions. Alas, this is the age of policed thought and policed words.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:55 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,569,326 times
Quote:
Who still refers to Asians as"orientals"? You must be from some rural area.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:20 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,833,702 times
Quote:
But you still will not admit it's men that are the problem.

Black men are still....MEN.

Muslim men are still....MEN.

We could eliminate black men and we word still have high crime...from white MEN.

Not white women,not black women.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:33 AM

73,002 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I disagree. Mens violence is more visible in THIS society. Shootings assaults and the like. You go to other places you'll see different. Women can be extremely violent and sadistic, vicious. It's just more subtle.
Male violence is more visible, in most cases. Men are more out there with their violence. Men have higher suicide rates than women. With women, violence has the potential to be just as "in your face". Alot of it is less "in your face". Women who commit murder will use guns as the men do. Women are far more likely than men to use stabbing and beating.

Over all, this is the most important thing is punishment. Men commit more violence, but on the occasion it's committed, the sentences are often harsher than for women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates