Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 08:26 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,671,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I consider what you are doing to be a form of harassment and stalking. You have pulbicly stated that I am a rapist, you have publicly stated that I ought to be identified, reported to the poiice, and prosecuted. And now you have taken steps to identify me personally. If this does not stop immediately, I will have a right to seek the protection of the proper authorities.
She is a sick, sick woman who absolutely cannot shut her mouth. There are obviously some mental issues there - which I'm sure you already can see. There's no reasoning with her, no intelligent discussion possible.

Just ridiculous accusations. If you don't agree with her 100%, you're a rapist.

Kind of frightening, when you think about the fact that there really ARE people like this, who regularly do stuff like this in real life. To think that these are the kind of irrational people who worm their way into positions of power and authority, and ruin the lives of innocent people. The dishonesty, the rage and complete lack of rational thought are mind-boggling. These aren't the words of a happily married woman, but the rantings of a bitter, lonely girl who can't understand why nobody wants to spend time with her.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:30 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
DC, your analyses are quite reasonable, but not every person fits into the molds you have described. In situation #1, for example, experienced S/M people know to do that, but that is no guarantee that such a prior arrangement will be made.

Let me put it this way. If a woman makes an unwise choice about a man to associate with, and things go wrong, it is the man's fault. If a man makes an unwise choice about a woman to associate with, and things go wrong, it is the man's fault. Does this look like a double-standard to you? It is NEVER the woman's fault, no matter how stupid or malicious or predatory or deceptive she may be. It is ALWAYS the man's fault, no matter how well-intentioned and moral and upstanding his true nature may be.

How odd, that all accusations of rape are made by the gender that, by your definition, can never be the malevolent party at fault in a relationship gone bad, but in 8% of those cases, she proves to be the malevolent party.
Actually, you are mistaken on multiple accounts in this remark. First of all, my statement is that the woman is NEVER at fault when she is forcibly raped. The 8% you are citing are outside that parameter because the crime in that 8% is not rape at all but false accusation. And the 8% number itself is at fault, because it is 8% of rapes reported, not 8% of rapes committed. And that 8% reflects cases which investigators categorized as false, and chose not to investigate. We don't know if they were all false, or if the evidence simply didn't support the claims of the woman and investigators thought they were too problematic to pursue.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:33 AM

814 posts, read 2,306,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by centre View Post
I believe that the women who make false accusations make it much more difficult for a woman that HAS been raped, etc....to come forward. Shame on them.
great post. very true..and it's this way now because of men who have been falsely accused INCLUDING those who are guilty as well but believe the accusations are false.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:35 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb09 View Post
Not true at all. Even people who are not experienced in S&M know how to say, "Hey, if this gets to where I don't like it, then let's say [insert word here] to stop."

It's not that hard. It doesn't take a degree to know how to say a certain word agree to stop. Really, are you being serious?

Ok. Ask yourself this question: who is doing the raping? Is it the man? is it the woman? The blame lays upon the person that rapes. I know this is a very easy concept to grasp; is it not?
People who do not formally participate in organized S/M activities are likely reading this and wondering what in the hell we are talking about. Safe words are not used by toothless hillbillies picking each other up in truck-stops. You know better than to think that nobody gets involved in wierd sex without first reading "S/M For Dummies".

Who is doing the raping? Well, in the missionary position, usually a man with the morals and imagination of a missionary, but if a BBW is on top doing the titsmothering, or if the man is handcuffed to the bed, it is not that clear cut. Even if they've both read "Titsmothering for Dummies".

Old 05-13-2009, 08:40 AM

659 posts, read 1,085,115 times
Quote:
People who do not formally participate in organized S/M activities are likely reading this and wondering what in the hell we are talking about. Safe words are not used by toothless hillbillies picking each other up in mountain roadhouses. You know better than to think that nobody gets involved in wierd sex without first reading "S/M For Dummies".
I have never in my life picked up an S/M for dummies book, yet I know all about it. Funny, where do I fit into your equation?

Even toothless hillbillies know that if things get out of control during sex there is a word that they use to stop. I don't know, it may be goat cheese or something. Stop insulting the intelligence of people and thinking that using common sense is just too out of the box for them.

Quote:
Who is doing the raping? Well, in the missionary position, usually the man, but if a BBW is on top doing the T-smothering, it is not that clear cut.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:43 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
I consider what you are doing to be a form of harassment and stalking. You have pulbicly stated that I am a rapist, you have publicly stated that I ought to be identified, reported to the poiice, and prosecuted. And now you have taken steps to identify me personally. If this does not stop immediately, I will have a right to seek the protection of the proper authorities.
I have publically stated that you are a rapist sympathizer, and that you are by admission in your own posts. Whether you have raped or not, I don't know. If you think that consent is something to be challenged based on your needs/desires, then you could be a danger. In light of the knowledge of your condition, I'm inclined to be believe it's an aspi issue, rather than you being a threat. And given your age, it's less of an issue. If you're going to post your site on this board, then don't complain to me if your identity comes to surface. Although, I have not identified you, even though I could. So, take that to the authorities who will laugh in your face.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:47 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
She is a sick, sick woman who absolutely cannot shut her mouth. There are obviously some mental issues there - which I'm sure you already can see. There's no reasoning with her, no intelligent discussion possible.

Just ridiculous accusations. If you don't agree with her 100%, you're a rapist.

Kind of frightening, when you think about the fact that there really ARE people like this, who regularly do stuff like this in real life. To think that these are the kind of irrational people who worm their way into positions of power and authority, and ruin the lives of innocent people. The dishonesty, the rage and complete lack of rational thought are mind-boggling. These aren't the words of a happily married woman, but the rantings of a bitter, lonely girl who can't understand why nobody wants to spend time with her.
You're such a crotchety old man. Buck up and deal with the fact that you don't and won't always get your way. Not here, not in the day-to-day, no- where. You cannot force me to do anything. You cannot force anyone to do anything. And if you attempt to employ force, you're a bottom-dweller. End of story.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:55 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
People who do not formally participate in organized S/M activities are likely reading this and wondering what in the hell we are talking about. Safe words are not used by toothless hillbillies picking each other up in truck-stops. You know better than to think that nobody gets involved in wierd sex without first reading "S/M For Dummies".

Who is doing the raping? Well, in the missionary position, usually a man with the morals and imagination of a missionary, but if a BBW is on top doing the titsmothering, or if the man is handcuffed to the bed, it is not that clear cut. Even if they've both read "Titsmothering for Dummies".

Why wouldn't toothless hillbillies picking up each other in truck stops have the sense to discuss "safe words"? As an Arkansan who has worked for several trucking companies, I think you underestimate the common sense of people you believe to be your inferiors. If you're going to take the time to describe to a person what your sexual fantasy entails, you might as well take the extra five seconds to also tell the person that the word "elephant" is your code word that they are going too far. And if the man is handcuffed to the bed with the BBW on top, and he suddenly decides he's not interested, I think his failing erection would convey that.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:05 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
I see ample evidence in the everyday world that many, if not most people often over-ride their common sense gene. Does your entire argument hinge on your position that everybody invariably can be depended upon to put common sense uppermost? Then it is easily shot down. I've only worked for trucking companies in Missouri, so I think you got me there---Arkansas trumps Missouri for overriding common sense.

After four hours handcuffed to the bed, he probably doesn't have one any more anyway. So I guess it's not rape, or anything akin to it.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:10 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,671,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post
great post. very true..and it's this way now because of men who have been falsely accused INCLUDING those who are guilty as well but believe the accusations are false.
Hmmm... Interesting thought.

One of the problems is that women DO lie. Some, but obviously not all. And this leads to the "Boy Who Cried Wolf Syndrome", where people tune out the legitimate cries for help, because of all the false claims they've heard.

In my practice, I have heard far too many women - who are unhappy in their marriage - claim that their husband abuses them. It's their "Get Out Of Jail Free" card. They know that the accusation cannot be proven wrong. But, when pressed regarding the abuse, they'll be very evasive in their answers.

"Did he ever physically strike or hit you?" "No."
"Did he ever threaten you physically?" "No."
"Did he ever push or shove you?" "No."

This goes on until eventually the woman resorts to saying, "Well, he emotionally abused me" or "he psychologically abused me." And, when asked to define those abuses, she can't.

What she really needs to do is just admit that she's unhappy in her marriage, and wants out. She needs to admit that she's a co-participant in a failed marriage, take responsibility for the failure, and either get a divorce or seek marriage therapy. But it's always easier to scapegoat somebody else.

And what happens when we hear a woman claim she was abused? We say, "Yeah, sure. Uhh Huhh." - and unfortunately, this leads us to ignore women who really ARE abused, because we've had too many experiences with liars.

In another case, a woman (secretary) claimed that her boss, "Groped and molested me almost daily for 7 years." In making that accusation, she literally turned his world upside down, and threw his entire family into chaos.

But then questions started being asked. Questions like, "If this was going on for 7 years, why didn't you say anything until now?" Questions like, "Why has nobody, in this very public group of offices ever seen anything like this happen?" Questions like, "What, exactly, did he do and where did he touch you?"

Then she was confronted with the fact that she actually hadn't even worked there for a full 5 years, even though she claimed to have been "groped and molested" for 7.

The woman was/is a bold-faced liar. Even so, she literally turned her boss's world upside down, came close to totally ruining his life, and left his reputation permanently scarred.

And when it was all said & done, she walked away from it all with absolutely no punishment at all. None. She should have gone to prison for what she did, but she got a free pass.

Now tell me... What do these kind of cases - which are all too common - do to legitimate cases of rape, abuse, sexual harassment? They minimize them and/or cause us to ignore them.

Are there women who are raped? Yes, absolutely. Are there women who lie about being raped? Yes, absolutely. And those who lie about being raped are doing a HUGE dis-service to those who really do suffer the trauma of actually being raped.

THAT is what this thread is supposed to address.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates