Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 04:47 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
My "position"? What, exactly, is my position?

If anything, my position is in YOUR BEST INTEREST. I'm telling you, for your own sake, do not involve yourself in high-risk behavior. Be proactively safe. Don't go to places that are known for risky sexual activities. That advice is for your own good, not mine!

Can any woman do things that will absolutely, 100% guarantee that she will never be sexually assaulted? No. But she can lower the risk.
If women thought they were going to be sexually molested, they wouldn't put themselves in "risky" situations, unless they are on drugs or have a mental disorder. No woman in her right mind would date a guy she thought was going to rape her or go to places where many rapes had previously occurred. Come on.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:01 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,681,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Omaha has obviously buried his head in the sand. Perhaps he/she is an Ostrich???
No, I've not buried my head in the sand. I long-since put that hysterical crazy on IGNORE.

Now... How 'bout you be a good boy and dig up those posts that might have people begin to think you're NOT actually a habitual liar?

On the other hand, I do think you and Braunwyn would make quite a good pair. You both just make up crap, dishonestly accuse people of the most vile and hideous nonsense, then walk off as if nothing happened.

You're both liars, and should be ashamed of yourselves. Of course, you're proud of it. Go figure.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:04 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Now... How 'bout you be a good boy and dig up those posts that might have people begin to think you're NOT actually a habitual liar?
If you note: some of the information is posted above.

And, btw - I have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.

Do you ?

Old 05-13-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
No, it's not socially acceptable. But it doesn't warrant an attack, either.

If I wave a briefcase full of $1 million dollars in front of you and taunt you about how rich I'm going to be and how you're never going to have as much money as me, does that give you the right to knock me down and steal it from me?

Basically, what you're saying here is that a person should not be held accountable for their actions if they're provoked in a way that threatens no physical harm. You're saying that men cannot and should not be held liable for making a bad choice, because they are such drooling morons that they can't help themselves if sexually aroused. You're saying women should be punished for not going as far as the men want.

People should be allowed to do whatever they want, so long as no physical harm comes to anyone around them. Women SHOULD be able to be alone with a man, be intimate with a man, without expecting abuse or harm will come to them if they don't do exactly what the man wants.

What you're saying is that all of the impetus falls on the woman, and that men can do whatever they want and shouldn't be held accountable for any physical harm they bring to a woman.

That's illogical, arcane, and just plain ridiculous.
Wow. Way to generalize.

I guess if you want to walk around naked in a singles bar, get drunk and pass out "who-knows-where" that's your choice. But it just doesn't seem like that'd be a very smart thing to do.

And no, I'm not saying that it would be right or acceptable for somebody to take advantage of you - sexually - while you were passed out.

What I'm saying is that if you did that, you're extremely stupid.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
If you note: some of the information is posted above.

And, btw - I have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.

Do you ?
Where are those quotes, Skippy?

Where are the quotes, written by JTUR88, that justify you accusing him of being a multiple rapist?

Maybe you should just admit that you're a liar, and be done with it.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
What I'm saying is that if you did that, you're extremely stupid.
Once again, there is no law against being stupid.

There are laws however that prohibit sexual assault and rape.

BTW, your buddy, jtur88 has still not said that he condemns a man raping a woman.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
If women thought they were going to be sexually molested, they wouldn't put themselves in "risky" situations, unless they are on drugs or have a mental disorder. No woman in her right mind would date a guy she thought was going to rape her or go to places where many rapes had previously occurred. Come on.
Are there women who go to frat parties, where binge drinking and random sex are the norm?

Old 05-13-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Where are those quotes, Skippy?

Now - these are just some of the outlandish posts of your good buddy

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Quote:

And, do you condemn the act of RAPE?
Look. I condemn many acts, some of which are rape and some are not. I would condemn a disgusting, filthy, repulsive brutish stranger tying a woman down and ejaculating in her face. That is not rape, but I condemn it. I condemn it more strongly than I condemn her regular lover being insistent, and penetrating her when she is in a pique and asks him not to but they are already in their bed together and he does it and she tolerates it anyway, but has told him she doesn't want to. That contains all the elements of what you call rape, but it is not nearly as severe or traumatic invasion as the first one I described.

So in the two cases I just described, the non-rape I described first is far more reprehensible than the second one, which is a rape. That is why I refuse to answer your abysmally simplistic questions with a simple yes or no answer.

Our rape laws are such that the guy in the second case can be sent to prison for much of his life, while the first one can only be charged with misdemeanor indecent exposure. DC described a number of incidents in her life. All of them are reprehensible, I condemn the perpetrator of all of them. There is no excuse for any man behaving in that way. None of them were rape, but I condemn them because they were sexual acts intended to humiliate and cause distress to a woman unwilling to be a participant. They don't need to fill anybody's definition of rape to make them condemnable, and whether the technical criteria of a rape was present or not does not place them in any particular rank on the scale of horrendous and terrifying and traumatizing experiences.

Quote:
Once again, there is no law against being stupid.

There are laws however that prohibit sexual assault and rape.

BTW, your budy, jtur88 has still not said that he condemns a man raping a woman.
He is not required to defend himself against something he never said.

YOU are the liar who has slandered him, accusing him of being a multiple rapist. It is up to YOU to prove the veracity of your statement, or just admit that you were (and are) lying.

Of course, you've proven that you're not going to do that. So I guess it's pretty obvious what kind of person you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates