Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 02:41 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasjames0311 View Post
GUESS WHAT THIS GREAT COUNTRY THAT YOU ALL LIVE IN WAS FOUNDED BASED ON RELIGION! Men faught and died then just so we could have this free country that is becoming so tainted by all these uprising BS groups demanding equal rights. You have the right to be gay and in the military, you also have the right to keep it to yourself. Being open about it will only cause problem after huge problem!!!
It's not a free country if heterosexuals can be open about their orientation but gays can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 11:20 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times
Let them serve, I don't care what your orientation is or what your gender is ... all I care about is whether you have your right index finger or not.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:25 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,950 times
Quote:
Memphis 1979: The only reason gays aren't allowed to serve openly, is homophobia and religious ideals bleeding into places they shouldn't be in.

GUESS WHAT THIS GREAT COUNTRY THAT YOU ALL LIVE IN WAS FOUNDED BASED ON RELIGION! Men faught and died then just so we could have this free country that is becoming so tainted by all these uprising BS groups demanding equal rights. You have the right to be gay and in the military, you also have the right to keep it to yourself. Being open about it will only cause problem after huge problem!!!

This is wrong on so many levels, and by wrong I mean both incorrect and just plain wrong in principle.

"faught" LOL

How dare people demand equal protection under the law. I mean where is that in the Constituition?

/except in that pesky 14th Amendment. Homosexual commies must have slipped that in there...

//oh and there's that First Amendment issue too
///and Fourth.

But other than that.....

Old 02-20-2010, 10:23 AM

160 posts, read 342,756 times
What's wrong with zoophiles in military?

Old 02-22-2010, 04:54 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieDiva View Post
For example they showed affection in public places (mostly the women) which is something I would not want my children to see and I don't want to see that either. And I'd hate to see what the homosexuals do in the military.
It's funny how some people think like this. Heteros can walk around holding hands, hugging and kissing. That's fine, right. A peck on the cheek, holding hands, a hug...fine Standing holding, kissing and fondling on the street. It ticks me off from any couple. The days of gays in the closet is gone my friend. It's time for you to teach your child about everything...including gays.

Heteros always think it's apart them. Gays don't want you. You just think that do.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:17 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212david51 View Post
I think we need to get rid of DADT. I think we need to go back to the honest answer and one that is compatible with the military. We need to ban gays once again.
This is the same military -- hated it when women wanted to become pilots, right. The same military the Chief of Staff had to step down, because of his sexist rants toward women. The same military discriminating against people of color. I've always worked with the military, so I see and hear their comments. Once, a Colonel said, where is his chinese azz. As a black woman, I said, to myself -- only god knows what he says about me.

Oh, yeah, the military has a great system...NOT!!

Old 02-22-2010, 08:43 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,159,494 times
Quote:
GUESS WHAT THIS GREAT COUNTRY THAT YOU ALL LIVE IN WAS FOUNDED BASED ON RELIGION! Men faught and died then just so we could have this free country that is becoming so tainted by all these uprising BS groups demanding equal rights.
Eh no, this country was NOT founded on religion. It was founded on the secular ideals of the Enlightenment by freethinkers, most of whom were Deists and mostly non-religious. They went to great pains to keep religion OUT of the founding of the nation and its government.

Quote:
You have the right to be gay and in the military, you also have the right to keep it to yourself. Being open about it will only cause problem after huge problem!!!
But this somehow doesn't apply to Christians religious zealots, right?

Keep your effing religion (and your false sense of entitlement) to yourselves.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:56 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I could not care less about their gender or sexual preferences. I just want my team to be composed of people that remain mostly calm (unless they are fear crazed berserkers that move like a big cat and kill like a weasel) and always shoot straight and first in a firefight. Anything else is irrelevant.
yessir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
How shocking! I wonder if you are as critical of heterosexuals showing affection in public.
I concur...PDA is gross all around...Just this past weekend I found a hetero couple dry humping in the bar...*coughs* get a room already..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
It's not a free country if heterosexuals can be open about their orientation but gays can't.
I concur...bravo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Eh no, this country was NOT founded on religion. It was founded on the secular ideals of the Enlightenment by freethinkers, most of whom were Deists and mostly non-religious. They went to great pains to keep religion OUT of the founding of the nation and its government.

But this somehow doesn't apply to Christians religious zealots, right?

Keep your effing religion (and your false sense of entitlement) to yourselves.
shhhh. do not tell them they are full of it...Like most wars were not started behind religion? Gasp! Never!

Old 02-22-2010, 11:56 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,111 times
all im saying is.. if Johnny Weir was in my squadron i'd be in deep sh-t

Old 02-23-2010, 01:19 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
all im saying is.. if Johnny Weir was in my squadron i'd be in deep sh-t
But think of how pretty y'all will look All those feathers and shiny sequin. Of course...you'll stand out like a sore thumb during war and PETA will hate your face for it...but that's a small price to pay for looking fierce and fabulous
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates