Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 09:35 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's not really true. People that put themsevles at risk, which results in health consequences, unfortunately involves society and not just the people involved. All industries are regulated due to the responsibility we all share for eachother.
So, do you think I ought to be subject to arrest if I drink a glass of milk after its best-by date? Or touch the handle of a shopping cart with my bare hands? After all, it is a public health issue, which can only be controlled with criminal prosecutions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 09:50 AM

2,637 posts, read 4,461,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
i guess i'm fighting a losing battle because most people these days believe that the solution to life's problems is bureaucracy! imho, prostitution should be legal and unregulated. if you want to sleep with prostitues without a condom and you can find a prostitue who will, that is your business. on the topic of beating women, there are already laws against this!
and the law works just fine. women are no longer beaten.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:54 AM

Whether it's legalizing dope, or Prostitution, --people always want to immediately go to taxing it, like if the gubment gets their cut, it is some how not wrong anymore. so, the gubment more or less becomes the "Pimp" or "dealer" and everything is Jake in dead rock. People make me laugh sometimes. --I know they are putting me own however, cause nobody could be that dumb.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:07 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,206,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
and the law works just fine. women are no longer beaten.
huh? your point is what exactly?

Old 11-11-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
huh? your point is what exactly?
It's caled s a r c a s m

Old 11-11-2009, 10:22 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
using this argument we can ban cars, airplanes, buses and trains, bicycles, roads, meat, candy, cigarettes, gas stoves, fast food, nuts, sugar, alcohol ('cause that worked out great), ladders, football.... ad nauseum. in fact, you could pretty much ban anything using your shortsighted argument.

having said that, this is one of the reasons i oppose the idea of national health
It's not about banning. People that are obese, who smoke, who engage in risky behavior, etc pay higher premiums. Do you take issue with this? Of course not.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:25 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
So, do you think I ought to be subject to arrest if I drink a glass of milk after its best-by date? Or touch the handle of a shopping cart with my bare hands? After all, it is a public health issue, which can only be controlled with criminal prosecutions.
I work in a lab. I am required to wear protection for a host of reasons, least being self-protection. I don't see how it's any different for prostitutes and their johns. To correlate this with arrest is assinine.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:37 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
To correlate this with arrest is assinine.
I thought this thread was about the criminalization (and consequent arrest) that you defend for reasons of public health ramifications.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:40 AM

30 posts, read 58,535 times
It's cheaper then taking a lady on date. Just pay some money and you can cut to the chase.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McKay View Post
It's cheaper then taking a lady on date. Just pay some money and you can cut to the chase.
You Sir, are just a bad, sad person, and could only benefit from a good old fashioned beating. We should always respect Women, even if their prices may be a little over inflated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates