Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2010, 01:55 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,280,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Well….well read people are not intimidated by a few paragraphs. It’s only when what one is reading is something that they do not really want to hear…..that it subjectively becomes verbose. I don’t believe in brevity on a subject matter like this because I try to eliminate all avenues to misrepresent or misunderstand what I am trying to say and what needs to be said.

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”
-Winston Churchill (arguably)

I have never argued that it is ok to be a racist. The point I have been making is that there is a distinction with a difference between what is referred to as black racism vs. what is referred to as white racism to the degree that there should be separate terms. I don’t dignify using the same term to describe different phenomenon.

His is Webster’s definition of racism online:
Quote:

1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 : racial prejudice or discrimination
— rac•ist \-sist also -shist\ noun or adjective

Now, what has oppressed black people is the combination of 1 and 2. One created the rationalization for 2, for a supposed “Christian” society. That is what racism means when applied to whites. Now, due to the fact of the way white’s mistreated blacks, blacks have been conditioned to prejudge whites as harboring negative thoughts about black people. In other words, as a REACTION to white racism it created a lot of prejudgment in blacks in regards to whites.

We are all prejudice and we all discriminate as humans. That is what a wash is and it is ugly and wrong. However, it’s differentiated by degrees. Black people are prejudice and discriminate, because we are human. However, what racism truly is a belief in racial supremacy, as the first definition articulates and that is as the root of white racism and what seperates your prejudice from our reaction to your prejudice and supremacy propoganda.
Is it any wonder some feel superior, with the way some blacks behave, ie; (black thug culture)

Old 04-22-2010, 02:04 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
I think that Cosby is actually getting quite an audience. There are a number of notable black people who want blacks to take responsibility for their collective failures. Another is Juan Williams, who wrote a book called Enough, which is about personal responsibility amongst blacks. Unfortunately he has been labeled a "sell-out" amongst too many blacks.

Personally, I see both Cosby, Juan Williams, and almost all other black spokespeople as carrying on a kind of "racial separation" mentality, only with a differing perspectives. I would like to hear a black leader say, "To best benefit from this rich nation we as black people need to integrate into the larger culture and become part of it." Now that would be a tough sell.
Touche'

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...49801848706206

Old 04-22-2010, 03:13 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,715,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
I meant the mass murderers...those people that shoot up malls and schools.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
In almost all such cases, the police arrest the perps within a few minutes. I don't know how you expect them to spend more time investigating those cases., when 99.99% of the time, there are no unsolved cases to investigate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
It's a little too late when the child is found in the lake don't ya think?
I don't think the people that shoot up malls bother to drag the children to a lake and toss them in.

Interesting debate going on in this thread though.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Is it any wonder some feel superior, with the way some blacks behave, ie; (black thug culture)
The TRUE thug culture inspired these lyrics:

Southern trees bear strange fruit,
Blood on the leaves and blood at the root,
Black bodies swinging in the southern breeze,
Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees.

Pastoral scene of the gallant south,
The bulging eyes and the twisted mouth,
Scent of magnolias, sweet and fresh,
Then the sudden smell of burning flesh.

Here is fruit for the crows to pluck,
For the rain to gather, for the wind to suck,
For the sun to rot, for the trees to drop,
Here is a strange and bitter crop.

Sung by Billy Holiday

Old 04-22-2010, 08:52 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,411,851 times
We might as well ignore Indentured Servant because it's no use arguing with him/her. He/she will just continue to counter our statements.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
We might as well ignore Indentured Servant because it's no use arguing with him/her. He/she will just continue to counter our statements.
Those who lie and or those who deny have arms too short to box with one who is wise........I do surmise.

Light will always drive vampires back into the dark into hiding. Vampires are easily exposed because they are the ones who always run and hide when dawn breaks. The truth is the light and the truly unrighteous are revealed when they dissapear when it shines.

You all have not grown silent from any other reason than being vampires. This is standard operating procedure for those who are on the wrong side of truth.....and want to remain there.

Enjoy your darkness...I am sure its crowded in there....lol.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:17 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,350,894 times
Quote:
*yawn* I gave up a long time ago. can only deal w/ so much whining before it becomes boring. Me thinks IS will be crying about "evil whites" for decades to come...

IS, goody for you, you found some pictures from events that happened decades ago. while crimes against blacks still, sadly, occur to this day (though in FAR lesser amounts), it's nothing compared to the black on black crimes destroying cities today. are you going to blame Isaac Newton and slavery for a 22 year old thug putting a bullet in a baby's head? sorry, can't blame all the issues in the black community on those "evil whiteys", no matter how much you may want to try. nowadays, the black community is the black community's biggest issue. nothing you say, no amount of profuse rambling will change that, esp. when there are blacks like you crying "victim" w/o looking at themselves first to see where part of the problem lies. it's time blacks start putting aside the victimized slave mentality, stop blaming whites and demanding some sort of reparation that can never be repaid, and start moving on and bettering themselves.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
*yawn* I gave up a long time ago. can only deal w/ so much whining before it becomes boring. Me thinks IS will be crying about "evil whites" for decades to come...

IS, goody for you, you found some pictures from events that happened decades ago. while crimes against blacks still, sadly, occur to this day (though in FAR lesser amounts), it's nothing compared to the black on black crimes destroying cities today. are you going to blame Isaac Newton and slavery for a 22 year old thug putting a bullet in a baby's head? sorry, can't blame all the issues in the black community on those "evil whiteys", no matter how much you may want to try. nowadays, the black community is the black community's biggest issue. nothing you say, no amount of profuse rambling will change that, esp. when there are blacks like you crying "victim" w/o looking at themselves first to see where part of the problem lies. it's time blacks start putting aside the victimized slave mentality, stop blaming whites and demanding some sort of reparation that can never be repaid, and start moving on and bettering themselves.

Obviously you don’t have a background in science, mathematics (logic) or even Psychology. Everything you just said was totally based upon emotions……what you feel. You are an "Emotionologist"....you study emotions and everything you say is based upon them. Emotions never solve problems.....only logic does. Yeah……I should start focusing on the DNA of black people. That has got to be why black people shoot little kids in the head. It’s nothing external. It’s not a reaction to anything other than how black people are genetically wired. It has to be that because you don’t see white people killing each other like black people do. We as a people have to start with the fact that we are predisposed, from birth, to be more violent. Once we accept that and ONLY when we accept that, we can then begin efforts to control such propensities or get help from smart white doctors. Maybe they can give us medication like they give to control A.D.D. or something or medicine for Sickle Cell, another trait endemic to blacks. Maybe they can give us a pill for our laziness and irresponsibility genes too.

I don't have a victim mentality. I have a scientific mentality through cause and effects.

Someone made the point that blacks are seen as inferior because of our "thug culture".
The point being (of the pictures) is that before blacks were killing each other in a thug culture......whites were killing blacks thuggishly. So one cannnot make the argument that black violence gives people reason to believe blacks are inferior....given the violence and thuggery of whites and racism. I also could have mentioned the thuggery of the prohibition era of white gangsters and gangersterism.....that whites romantisized in film to this day. How soon you forget your own behavior.....as if you have been saints. What black people do in the streets....white people do in the world through their armies and decisions of war. Far more people in this world have been killed and robbed through white armies than EVER will occur by black criminals.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 04-23-2010 at 04:45 AM..

Old 04-23-2010, 05:02 AM

Quote:
he seems like the type who thinks reparations will solve everything.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Those who lie and or those who deny have arms too short to box with one who is wise........I do surmise.

Light will always drive vampires back into the dark into hiding. Vampires are easily exposed because they are the ones who always run and hide when dawn breaks. The truth is the light and the truly unrighteous are revealed when they dissapear when it shines.

You all have not grown silent from any other reason than being vampires. This is standard operating procedure for those who are on the wrong side of truth.....and want to remain there.

Enjoy your darkness...I am sure its crowded in there....lol.
I'm glad you think so highly of yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates