Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2010, 09:06 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,701,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
Just as an aside, I think there's something that many people don't understand. Not everyone who doesn't want to be around blacks (or any group for that matter) is neccessarily a Nazi style racist.

For some folks it's along the same lines as "don't like brocolli" or "prefer to sleep with women (or men) with certain physical/personality charactaristics".

In short it's about preferences. You can't argue someone into liking brocolli if they don't. No amount of logic about nutrition, calling them "bigoted against vegetables" or whatever is ever going to make then *like* brocolli. It's just in their wiring.

Consider a gay man. Point out all you want what genitalia are for, and that he should be interested in women... and well... he's still gonna aim for the wrong orifice, LOL!

So much of the resentment comes when you try to legislate that people eat brocolli or whatever. They hate that their freedom of choice is being stepped on.

The bottom line is that the peaceful solution if for everyone to have a place of their own. Heck, isn't that what geopolitical boundaries are about? Different groups of people banded together with a common idea of how to live?

So no matter what you do, some folks are always going to not want to be around some other folks, yes, based on surface (and some not so surface) traits. Just the way people are wired.

Heck, has happened to me many times in life. The sort of women I'm attracted to, the vast majority of men are attracted to. Think Victoria's Secret Model types. Well, guess what. Those women can have their choice of any guy they want, for the most part. And well, I just ain't the best pick of the litter. And even if I was, any given gal may not like my traits. She may want a skinny rock star looking guy and I'm muscle bound. She may want a macho muscle bound guy and I look like a skinny rockstar.

So suffice to say, I've been "discriminated against" many times in life like that. So should we legislate that Victoria's Secret Model looking women have to sleep with a certain quota of average guys like me? LOL!

When I was younger, of course it bothered me. Now at this age, I'm capable of looking from her view and accepting that hey, "people have differing tastes". Not much I can do about it.

On another level, I've been discriminated against in social and employment circles because I didn't come from wealth, or go to an Ivy League school.

So if you wanna fix discrimination, pass a law that Goldman Sachs needs to hire some of that didn't go to Harvard Business School or NYU or whatever. I know I could use a bazillion dollar bonus about now!

LOL!

Anyway, bottom line, I think Clarence Darrow said, "You can't argue a man into liking a glass of beer".

By the same token, you can't make folks like African American traits or culture, and to try is to simply make enemies of people that might otherwise be you ally, even it they don't want to "hang with you".

Another pair of points I'd like to make:

1) Just because someone says something about blacks (or other group0 doesn't make them a racist.

E.g. If I say, "AIDS among blacks is 800% the average, Handgun crime rate is 300% the average", that's simply a fact. Might indicate racism or not.

2) Just because a racist says it, doesn't make it racist or even false.

E.g. If David Duke, "AIDS among blacks is 800% the average, Handgun crime rate is 300% the average", that's simply a fact. The source is irrelevant to it's factual content, despite the old saw about, "consider the source". To scream "A racist said that!" is simply an ad hominem attack.
What you say in points 1 and 2 are 100% true and 100% shallow. Observations are not explanations. Racism is not observation....its explanations. Blacks people have been dealing with this for centuries. You cannot fool us. We know that whites today that it is a social stain to be considered a racist. So whites play all these games to hide the stain....like you are playing now.

Black people lament these statistics all the time....then they provide and explanation for why they believe that these skews exists. Whites like you provide accurate observations as well.....while rejecting the black explanation....but will not provide your own because it will reveal the stain that many of you go to great lengths to hide. You sound like one of those people who think that splashing on cologn will hide the stench of not having taken a bath or shower. The stench of funk and cologn is as bad, if not worse, than pure funk. Yet....because you hide your funk to yourself....you think it hides it from others. Nope...it only hides it from others who don't bath either.

Old 04-18-2010, 12:45 PM

487 posts, read 636,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
Yeah, and here's the result of africanization, whether you want to hear it or not, africanization = decline. Get used to hearing the facts.

Rankings by Population Group

Most Dangerous 25:.......%AA Largest Segment?
1...Detroit, Mich.............81.6............Y
2...Atlanta, Ga...............61.4............Y
3...St. Louis, Mo.............51.2............Y
4...Flint, Mich.................53.3............Y
5...Camden, N.J..............53.3............Y
6...Gary, Ind..................84.0............Y
7...West Palm Beach, FL..36.2............N
8...Compton, Calif...........40.3............N
9...Tampa, FL................26.1.............N
10..Washington, D.C.......55.6.............Y
11..Jackson, Miss...........70.6.............Y
12..Newark, N.J.............53.5.............Y
13..Kansas City, MO.......31.2.............Y
14..Miami-Dade, FL........17.5..............N
15..New Orleans, La.......67.3..............Y
16..Memphis, Tenn.........61.4.............Y
17..Orlando, Fla.............26.9.............N
18..Dayton, OH..............43.1............N
19..Richmond, VA...........52.3............Y
20..Dallas, TX................23.2............N
21..Philadelphia, Pa.........43.2............Y
22..Youngstown, Ohio......43.8...........N
23..Cleveland, OH...........54.2............Y
24..Oakland, Calif...........35.7.............Y
25..Minneapolis, MN........18.0.............N
Crime is caused by poverty, and since blacks have been historically denied the same opportunities its no wonder we can see the disastrous consequences.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:19 PM

446 posts, read 830,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
Crime is caused by poverty, and since blacks have been historically denied the same opportunities its no wonder we can see the disastrous consequences.
Blacks are no more DENIED opportunities now than anyone else in the US. Historically, yes, they were, but now, no, they're not. IF this theory was true why is there a black president? Blacks in the Senate and the House? Why are there black doctors and lawyers?

Personally, it's lack of drive and motivation because it sure isn't for lack of opportunity! People of ALL races can get grants and loans to go to college and blacks, specifically, have many, many opportunities to get into college.

What you say is b.s....at least in recent times. Check this out...this page is just one of 100's on google.

Grants for African American Students at Colleges and Universities

Old 04-18-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrn0224 View Post
Blacks are no more DENIED opportunities now than anyone else in the US. Historically, yes, they were, but now, no, they're not. IF this theory was true why is there a black president? Blacks in the Senate and the House? Why are there black doctors and lawyers?

Personally, it's lack of drive and motivation because it sure isn't for lack of opportunity! People of ALL races can get grants and loans to go to college and blacks, specifically, have many, many opportunities to get into college.

What you say is b.s....at least in recent times. Check this out...this page is just one of 100's on google.

Grants for African American Students at Colleges and Universities

One is born into various degrees of opportunity based upon the socioeconomic environment they inherit from their parents at birth. Indeed, life is a competition for survival. Our human competition is like a relay race. Were one starts in the race/competition is based upon were their parents are when they are handed the baton (birth). Hence, if parents were unfairly held back in this race of life, their children will inherit that negative displacement/disadvantage. It’s a fallacy to assume or imply everyone starts off even at birth. That is the only way one can conclude that blacks, although denied opportunity in the past, has just as much opportunity as whites today. That is, as you say, BS! If the average black person has to run 150 yards to reach the finite prizes of opportunity, due to the displacement inherited from his parents being denied, while the average white only has 100 yards to run, it does not take complex math to figure out the probabilities of who will get the most of those opportunities.

Whites always talk as if opportunity is infinite. When blacks people are out of work and our unemployment rates is twice as high as whites, the observation in whites lead to the explanation of laziness and irresponsibility, based upon the theory that good opportunity is out there for anyone willing to work to get it. If that theory were true, then economic cycles would be caused by changes in the laziness of people, and not resource over and under allocation. The current jump in unemployment in the nation is hence the result of a rise of laziness and irresponsibility, particularly in whites. Now all of a sudden its acceptable when white folks say they cannot find work, but when blacks folks have states such historically, whites would argue that opportunity is infinite…..if you want to work. I will not even get into the fact that most jobs are located in suburban areas and most blacks live in urban areas and public transportation is often lacking to get people from the city to suburb efficiently. So if you are poor and black living on Joy road and Wyoming in Detroit, and don’t have a car, you cannot get to that job in suburban Troy dependably, because people in the suburbs don’t want buses to be able to carry black folks from Detroit all over their communities at all times of the day and night. That was part of the reason they moved out there…..to isolate themselves from black folks.

There is so much ignorance in what you say that I can write a book. There are only 40 million black folks in the US. There are over 200 million whites. If only 16% of whites were racist, like you, that would amount to one racist for every black man, women and child in this nation. If these racist were (and many are) employed in position of power and authority, their prejudice can and has inhibited opportunity for black people. Since whites own most of the companies and banks, that prejudice impact black opportunity, despite laws. Remember, crime is illegal, yet, crime is rampant and most perpetrators are never caught. Why should we think that because discrimination is now illegal, that it has been eradicated? Discrimination is alive and well. Read this study:
Study suggests bias against 'black' names on resumes | HR Magazine | Find Articles at BNET

I am going to leave it at that for now. I realize that some of you suffer from A.D.D when it comes to hearing the truth.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:37 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,410,063 times
People, are you forgetting the title of this thread? We're too off-topic here.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:49 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Most people prefer to be with their own. Look at any school cafeteria. Look at any workplace lunchroom. People tend to self-segregate themselves. It has nothing to do with bigotry or racism.

Me, I prefer my predominently white Christian suburban neighborhood. When I want diversity....wait, I don't want diversity. Most people say they do, until they have children.

I've spoken to many "hipsters" in Philly Pubs, and they all want the "flavour" of the city until they are ready to have a family. Then it's into the suburbs!

Old 04-19-2010, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
People, are you forgetting the title of this thread? We're too off-topic here.

I don't think that we are a bit off topic at all...if you really want to know "What is wrong with a majority white city"...unless it was a rhetorical question. One has to come to grips with the issue of race and all that entails, to answer that question.

Alphamale says its because people want to be around "their own". Its not like black and whites are recent imigrants. We have been in this country for centuries. We speak the same language, we practice the same religion, our cultures were created in this nation....so I don't buy that. Blacks have been attempting to integrate for 3 centuries....and whites always resist and or run away from us. Whites are simply not taking responsibility for the history and consquence of their behavior. There is no "Normalizing" what whites have done to with what blacks do now.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:56 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,235,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
There are more whites on welfare....So percentage wise you'd think whites would be committing more crime...

Right?

Old 04-19-2010, 03:12 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
I'm Half Hispanic/Italian, my wife a full blooded Guadalajaran as I like to joke with her. I see nothing wrong with a White-Majority city. As a matter of fact my full blooded chicana vieja wants to move to a white-majority city near where we live. And believe you me its because of the safety issue. This coming from a women who grew up in a neighborhood in Guadalajara where both the police and criminals gangs drove around in open bed trucks with AK47's locked, cocked and ready to rock. Don't see that very often in our hood's.

Oh well Me, my wife and three daughters are crazy open carry gun nuts anyway.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:40 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,789,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
What you say in points 1 and 2 are 100% true and 100% shallow. Observations are not explanations. Racism is not observation....its explanations. Blacks people have been dealing with this for centuries. You cannot fool us. We know that whites today that it is a social stain to be considered a racist. So whites play all these games to hide the stain....like you are playing now.

Black people lament these statistics all the time....then they provide and explanation for why they believe that these skews exists. Whites like you provide accurate observations as well.....while rejecting the black explanation....but will not provide your own because it will reveal the stain that many of you go to great lengths to hide. You sound like one of those people who think that splashing on cologn will hide the stench of not having taken a bath or shower. The stench of funk and cologn is as bad, if not worse, than pure funk. Yet....because you hide your funk to yourself....you think it hides it from others. Nope...it only hides it from others who don't bath either.
I really don't care what label you give me. Much like the Northerners that were actually (and still are) more racist than southerners when you look at it closely (Civil war era), I simply don't want to be around anything african. And I resent people trying to force it on me.

"Shallow" is a value judgement. Truth is not.

I don't care to "fool you". You are doing a great job fooling yourself. Look at Obama. A black can be president, hmm... but he was raised by white women. Contemplate that for a while.

The truth is the problem with blacks is blacks. As the numbers objectively attest. No value judgement there. So as it pertains to this thread, living in an all white (or perhaps more specifically, a non-black) city is a blessing. Any person wanting to avoid the aggravations of black culture should, objectively, avoid black areas, since flight is the only legally acceptable strategy. I suspect when folks feel run out of their own nieghborhoods and backed up into Montana or some other snow pit, they'll eventually wake up an see that they've succeeded all the sunbelt areas to the problem demographic. Hopefully people stand up before that. (Though most likely the answer will be simply to price out everyone but the rich.)

The explanations blacks give for the statistics are excuses. Obama, Oprah to some extent, Tiger Woods and a host of others prove you folks aren't nearly as oppressed as the hate mongers in your race would have you believe.

I could care less to splash some "cologne" on. I feel absolutuly no shame for not wanting to be around a bunch of gang banging, crotch grabbing, ebonics speaking morons. LOL!

I just don't want to have to wallow in afro-centric crap.

You want folks to stop thinking that's what blacks are, you gotta fix the blacks. And fix it long enough for folks to forget what it was you were at the present.

That's a long road, to be sure. Especially consider what a mess africa is.

Further, even if african statistics were the same or better than even the Asians, who have the best numbers of all, the physical and social traits of blacks repulse me, yes, same as steamed brocolli, (LOL!) and so I *still* rather not have to be around africans. Simple as that.

Nothing you, nor the media can say can make me feel guilty or bad about it.

That said, I'll still support your right to equality in the eyes of the law and no more.

Another point related to an earlier post, where it was mentioned about "blacks and american indians"... so let's assume blacks finally fully africanize this place... so what... are you all going to give it back to the Native Americans and then leave for africa???

<<<crickets>>>

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Blacks are just as bad as everyone else. Just want to take over, same as the Euros who first came over here and actually did.

So would seem the only really logical course for whites is to do what they have to, to hang on to what they wrought, rather than let it slip away because the media has tried to push some white guilt on the populace as a push back to Hitler's BS in the WW II.

And from that perspective africanization is a *threat* and should probably be handled as such.

But times are different now, so probably won't happen.

So far as many are concerned, the rhetoric you are trying to push, well, we aren't accepting in our hearts. May have to put up with it in public while the media still has a hold on those who can't see with thier own eyes, for sure.

But give this acid test to anyone that speaks pro-black and isn't black:

"How would you honestly feel if blacks moved in on all sides of your house?"

I think we know the answer.

Further, if markets are what they are alleged to be, the method of finding the value of something when all known facts are accounted for...

Then why do real estate prices go down when an area goes black?

"The market has spoken". LOL!

Like it or not black = decline.

Has anyone non-black *ever* said, "Let's move over by Compton, yeah the blacks over there are poor, but they're nice and it's a safe place."

Never in all my years have I ever heard that.

Now maybe 30 years ago in a place like Riviera Beach, Fla. that might have flown. The blacks that actually fought for civil rights had a different culture from the current wave of gang-bang, grafitti fools.

Riviera Beach now, now that it's fully africanized, along with West Palm Beach are crap pits.

Sad that I had to watch it with my own eyes.

So as a result, you'll never guilt me into being a negro-phile.

A white majority, or really a non-black city, is a blessing.

(And the notes I've been getting on the side tell me I'm not alone in this sentiment.)

So in the end, I really don't care what you call me. Just as long as you leave me to my own peace. Having to dodge you people and try to find a peaceful place without africanization is a pain in the neck.

Last edited by JMadison; 04-19-2010 at 03:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates