Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2010, 05:30 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times

Advertisements

You ppl think Caucasian Whites are racist? You've got not clue. The biggest bunch of xenophobic biogots I've had the pleasure of experiencing are in my own hispanic latino culture. You think White ppl are subversive racists you've got not clue. You make me laugh. If the Mexican's had been running things during the civil war there would be no Oprah or Tiger Woods in this country today. I am glad my Great Grandparents left Mexico in the 1920's and immigrated here. Viva la America.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:44 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
I really don't care what label you give me. Much like the Northerners that were actually (and still are) more racist than southerners when you look at it closely (Civil war era), I simply don't want to be around anything african. And I resent people trying to force it on me.

"Shallow" is a value judgement. Truth is not.

I don't care to "fool you". You are doing a great job fooling yourself. Look at Obama. A black can be president, hmm... but he was raised by white women. Contemplate that for a while.

The truth is the problem with blacks is blacks. As the numbers objectively attest. No value judgement there. So as it pertains to this thread, living in an all white (or perhaps more specifically, a non-black) city is a blessing. Any person wanting to avoid the aggravations of black culture should, objectively, avoid black areas, since flight is the only legally acceptable strategy. I suspect when folks feel run out of their own nieghborhoods and backed up into Montana or some other snow pit, they'll eventually wake up an see that they've succeeded all the sunbelt areas to the problem demographic. Hopefully people stand up before that. (Though most likely the answer will be simply to price out everyone but the rich.)

The explanations blacks give for the statistics are excuses. Obama, Oprah to some extent, Tiger Woods and a host of others prove you folks aren't nearly as oppressed as the hate mongers in your race would have you believe.

I could care less to splash some "cologne" on. I feel absolutuly no shame for not wanting to be around a bunch of gang banging, crotch grabbing, ebonics speaking morons. LOL!

I just don't want to have to wallow in afro-centric crap.

You want folks to stop thinking that's what blacks are, you gotta fix the blacks. And fix it long enough for folks to forget what it was you were at the present.

That's a long road, to be sure. Especially consider what a mess africa is.

Further, even if african statistics were the same or better than even the Asians, who have the best numbers of all, the physical and social traits of blacks repulse me, yes, same as steamed brocolli, (LOL!) and so I *still* rather not have to be around africans. Simple as that.

Nothing you, nor the media can say can make me feel guilty or bad about it.

That said, I'll still support your right to equality in the eyes of the law and no more.

Another point related to an earlier post, where it was mentioned about "blacks and american indians"... so let's assume blacks finally fully africanize this place... so what... are you all going to give it back to the Native Americans and then leave for africa???

<<<crickets>>>

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Blacks are just as bad as everyone else. Just want to take over, same as the Euros who first came over here and actually did.

So would seem the only really logical course for whites is to do what they have to, to hang on to what they wrought, rather than let it slip away because the media has tried to push some white guilt on the populace as a push back to Hitler's BS in the WW II.

And from that perspective africanization is a *threat* and should probably be handled as such.

But times are different now, so probably won't happen.

So far as many are concerned, the rhetoric you are trying to push, well, we aren't accepting in our hearts. May have to put up with it in public while the media still has a hold on those who can't see with thier own eyes, for sure.

But give this acid test to anyone that speaks pro-black and isn't black:

"How would you honestly feel if blacks moved in on all sides of your house?"

I think we know the answer.

Further, if markets are what they are alleged to be, the method of finding the value of something when all known facts are accounted for...

Then why do real estate prices go down when an area goes black?

"The market has spoken". LOL!

Like it or not black = decline.

Has anyone non-black *ever* said, "Let's move over by Compton, yeah the blacks over there are poor, but they're nice and it's a safe place."

Never in all my years have I ever heard that.

Now maybe 30 years ago in a place like Riviera Beach, Fla. that might have flown. The blacks that actually fought for civil rights had a different culture from the current wave of gang-bang, grafitti fools.

Riviera Beach now, now that it's fully africanized, along with West Palm Beach are crap pits.

Sad that I had to watch it with my own eyes.

So as a result, you'll never guilt me into being a negro-phile.

A white majority, or really a non-black city, is a blessing.

(And the notes I've been getting on the side tell me I'm not alone in this sentiment.)

So in the end, I really don't care what you call me. Just as long as you leave me to my own peace. Having to dodge you people and try to find a peaceful place without africanization is a pain in the neck.
Obama was raised by white women because his momma was white…. What’s to contemplate…LOL. There are blacks far more accomplished than Obama who were reared by a black woman. However, even reared by white women, that still is not enough for you to have supported him. Contemplate that.

All I know is that when I look at the world, most of the problems and fears that current white folks have is the result of things that past white folks have done. You don’t want to be around Africans, but it was white folks who went to Africa to bring them here. You don’t want to be around Africans, but it was your ancestors who left an ALL WHITE UTOPIA (Europe….lol) to come to a Nation full of Africans. Let’s look at the ongoing crisis in the Middle East. It was White folks who create the State of Israel to dump Jews that they did not want in Europe. Look at Osama Bin Laden and how white folks funded and trained them so that they would fight against whites in Russia. Look at Iraq, it was white folks who provided weapons and funded Saddam Hussein to fight a Proxy war against Iran. It was white folks who created and used Nuclear weapons and now it’s their greatest fear.

One thing that I can guarantee you is this. When this world is destroyed……it will be the result of things t hat white folks did…..and not things done by black folks. Contemplate that!

Old 04-19-2010, 07:48 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Yeah! what 'Indent" said LMAO

Old 04-20-2010, 02:00 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,411,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Obama was raised by white women because his momma was white…. What’s to contemplate…LOL. There are blacks far more accomplished than Obama who were reared by a black woman. However, even reared by white women, that still is not enough for you to have supported him. Contemplate that.

All I know is that when I look at the world, most of the problems and fears that current white folks have is the result of things that past white folks have done. You don’t want to be around Africans, but it was white folks who went to Africa to bring them here. You don’t want to be around Africans, but it was your ancestors who left an ALL WHITE UTOPIA (Europe….lol) to come to a Nation full of Africans. Let’s look at the ongoing crisis in the Middle East. It was White folks who create the State of Israel to dump Jews that they did not want in Europe. Look at Osama Bin Laden and how white folks funded and trained them so that they would fight against whites in Russia. Look at Iraq, it was white folks who provided weapons and funded Saddam Hussein to fight a Proxy war against Iran. It was white folks who created and used Nuclear weapons and now it’s their greatest fear.

One thing that I can guarantee you is this. When this world is destroyed……it will be the result of things t hat white folks did…..and not things done by black folks. Contemplate that!
Stop whining. Stop being racist. Get a grip. Seriously. If you hate European Americans so much, why don't you move somewhere else?

Old 04-20-2010, 02:32 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
Stop whining. Stop being racist. Get a grip. Seriously. If you hate European Americans so much, why don't you move somewhere else?
One cannot argue with fools without eventually sounding like a fool and one cannot argue with racist without eventually sounding like a racist.

You asked the question of what is wrong with a majority white city, which certainly tasted like “Chardonnay” to me….lol….if you understand the word play.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
One cannot argue with fools without eventually sounding like a fool and one cannot argue with racist without eventually sounding like a racist.

You asked the question of what is wrong with a majority white city, which certainly tasted like “Chardonnay” to me….lol….if you understand the word play.
Oh, so I'm a fool and a racist now? Great!

Old 04-20-2010, 04:10 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,034,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
Oh, so I'm a fool and a racist now? Great!
In a small town about an hour away from where I live the KKK was going to try and hold a rally (I don't think it ever materialized). There's this black woman I know at work and we briefly discussed the would-be Klan rally. She thought that it did no good to try to rationalize with racists. She believed that a racist's mind does not work logically, and so a discussion with a racist is pointless. I have come to agree with her, and it is for that reason I have ceased posting to Indentured Servant.

Last edited by GalileoSmith; 04-20-2010 at 04:18 PM..

Old 04-20-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
In a small town about an hour away from where I live the KKK was going to try and hold a rally (I don't think it ever materialized). There's this black woman I know at work and we briefly discussed the would-be Klan rally. She thought that it did no good to try to rationalize with racists. She believed that a racist's mind does not work logically, and so a discussion with a racist is pointless. I have come to agree with her, and it is for that reason I have ceased posting to Indentured Servant.
Thanks for the indirect advice.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:22 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,350,894 times
Quote:
I don't think that we are a bit off topic at all...if you really want to know "What is wrong with a majority white city"...unless it was a rhetorical question. One has to come to grips with the issue of race and all that entails, to answer that question.

Alphamale says its because people want to be around "their own". Its not like black and whites are recent imigrants. We have been in this country for centuries. We speak the same language, we practice the same religion, our cultures were created in this nation....so I don't buy that. Blacks have been attempting to integrate for 3 centuries....and whites always resist and or run away from us. Whites are simply not taking responsibility for the history and consquence of their behavior. There is no "Normalizing" what whites have done to with what blacks do now.
from my own personal experience, I want to respectably disagree w/ this. sure, this may have been the case in the past, but unless I missed the line of white people joining hands and shouting "you can't move here", there isn't much preventing blacks in most areas of this country from moving to a white area, other than a preconceived assumption they will be unwelcomed.

I'm black and I'm SICK of other blacks asking me why I don't live in the South side, why I currently live in a mostly Puerto Rican neighborhood now and why I lived in a mostly Mexican neighborhood before. frankly, I don't look at the race of my neighbors before deciding on where to move. I didn't think, "I think I'll move to Pilsen b/c it's mostly Mexican" or "I think I've live in Humboldt Park b/c of all the Ricans living here". there are far bigger, more important criteria I look for when moving to a new area that goes beyond race. you're right, blacks and whites have lived in this country together for a long time, so why so much self segregation? there's no reason why blacks sick of crime in Englewood can't move to, say, Bridgeport, other than an assumption of discrimination (and I know black people that live in Bridgeport w/o issue). vice versa, no reason why whites can't move to stable, mostly black communities other than an assumption of discrimination

the question here is, are blacks avoiding integration b/c they fear/assume they will not be welcomed, or are there still enough widespread, current day examples of blacks moving into white areas and being discriminated against? b/c, from my own personal experience of having lived in mostly white areas, I've never been met w/ any hostility. going back to the original topic, I doubt, from my past encounters w/ people from Portland, Ore, that black people can't move to Portland w/o issues. so question is, why aren't they moving there? and PLEASE, don't say something like "whites don't want them to".

seriously, I'm black, though I identify myself more as a Haitian American as opposed to a black American, but black people can't blame all our ills on whites and past slavery. I swear, this may explode into another topic of debate, but this is only really an issue w/ black Americans. I've never heard of other members of the black slave diaspora hanging onto this notion of what the white man did to us" as an excuse for current ills. Lord knows, Haiti has some bones to pick w/ France and whites, but I've never heard Haitians complain about reparations and hang onto past injustices as much as some black Americans I've come across, the type of black Americans that will cry "racist" if a white person does anything remotely negative towards them. IMO, whites have taken responsibility for their actions, it's just that some blacks will never forgive them no matter how much time has passed, no matter how much has changed. until blacks can do this, things will never change b/c progress can't be made when people are still holding grudges that can't be remedied. JMHO/IME

Old 04-20-2010, 06:05 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,034,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
from my own personal experience, I want to respectably disagree w/ this. sure, this may have been the case in the past, but unless I missed the line of white people joining hands and shouting "you can't move here", there isn't much preventing blacks in most areas of this country from moving to a white area, other than a preconceived assumption they will be unwelcomed.

I'm black and I'm SICK of other blacks asking me why I don't live in the South side, why I currently live in a mostly Puerto Rican neighborhood now and why I lived in a mostly Mexican neighborhood before. frankly, I don't look at the race of my neighbors before deciding on where to move. I didn't think, "I think I'll move to Pilsen b/c it's mostly Mexican" or "I think I've live in Humboldt Park b/c of all the Ricans living here". there are far bigger, more important criteria I look for when moving to a new area that goes beyond race. you're right, blacks and whites have lived in this country together for a long time, so why so much self segregation? there's no reason why blacks sick of crime in Englewood can't move to, say, Bridgeport, other than an assumption of discrimination (and I know black people that live in Bridgeport w/o issue). vice versa, no reason why whites can't move to stable, mostly black communities other than an assumption of discrimination

the question here is, are blacks avoiding integration b/c they fear/assume they will not be welcomed, or are there still enough widespread, current day examples of blacks moving into white areas and being discriminated against? b/c, from my own personal experience of having lived in mostly white areas, I've never been met w/ any hostility. going back to the original topic, I doubt, from my past encounters w/ people from Portland, Ore, that black people can't move to Portland w/o issues. so question is, why aren't they moving there? and PLEASE, don't say something like "whites don't want them to".

seriously, I'm black, though I identify myself more as a Haitian American as opposed to a black American, but black people can't blame all our ills on whites and past slavery. I swear, this may explode into another topic of debate, but this is only really an issue w/ black Americans. I've never heard of other members of the black slave diaspora hanging onto this notion of what the white man did to us" as an excuse for current ills. Lord knows, Haiti has some bones to pick w/ France and whites, but I've never heard Haitians complain about reparations and hang onto past injustices as much as some black Americans I've come across, the type of black Americans that will cry "racist" if a white person does anything remotely negative towards them. IMO, whites have taken responsibility for their actions, it's just that some blacks will never forgive them no matter how much time has passed, no matter how much has changed. until blacks can do this, things will never change b/c progress can't be made when people are still holding grudges that can't be remedied. JMHO/IME
I think the bottom line problem is that we are a "race-oriented" society. I think there's been almost no inroads onto this area in forty years. That was the Civil Rights Revolution where we had school segregation made illegal. Part of the eventual fallout has been that white folks can not have their own specifically white clubs and organizations without public outcry. There are no White Americans Bicycle Clubs, for example, yet there are such things for blacks.

I think the future direction of society concerning race relations is largely up to black folks. The ball is in their court, so to speak. If blacks want their own separate communities, Afrocentric schools, etc., if blacks believe that feeling at ease with "their own kind" has a greater importance than integration and assimilation, then there is no end in sight to racial problems. White folks (except for guys like me) will not implore blacks to give up separatism to join the larger culture and live as neighbors. Taking the step has not been possible for many black people. But others have succeeded. There is still an element of racial discrimination, but I think it's preferred than continuing the status quo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates