Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 10:42 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
JB, that's exactly my point. The president, just like virtually every other black man I have ever known, isn't your stereotypical black man. By growing up and living in highly diverse areas, I have come to the startling conclusion that there really isn't that much difference between whites and non whites.
"The dickens you say!"

Old 05-04-2010, 11:49 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,859,599 times
Not that much different between whites and non whites? Well I'll put it to you this way. In my old neighborhood, it was mostly white people. I know of 6 households that were black, and maybe 4 that were hispanic. The police came to EVERY black household, AT LEAST once. And to one of the spanish households. NEVER to any of the white households. Tell me what difference that is? There were no white people dealing drugs and beating their girlfriends while their children from other men and women watched on. There were no white people using their pitbulls to try and intimidate the neighbors by letting them run the neighborhood and chase people. But you're right, there's no difference. Every case is different, one neighborhood is not the next and is not the same, so your experiences don't really mean anything, unless you have lived in every county, in every neighborhood, in every state.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
Not that much different between whites and non whites? Well I'll put it to you this way. In my old neighborhood, it was mostly white people. I know of 6 households that were black, and maybe 4 that were hispanic. The police came to EVERY black household, AT LEAST once. And to one of the spanish households. NEVER to any of the white households. Tell me what difference that is? There were no white people dealing drugs and beating their girlfriends while their children from other men and women watched on. There were no white people using their pitbulls to try and intimidate the neighbors by letting them run the neighborhood and chase people. But you're right, there's no difference. Every case is different, one neighborhood is not the next and is not the same, so your experiences don't really mean anything, unless you have lived in every county, in every neighborhood, in every state.
I think that is called "a sampling error". 40 million black people in the nation and you base your opinion on 4 black households. That is one hell of a sampling error.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:25 PM

160 posts, read 342,888 times
Multiculturalism is bad in any way you put it.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:51 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Is this post for real? So, in your old neighborhood, did all of the whites make significantly more money than the six black households and four hispanic ones? Perhaps all of the whites were professionals who just happened to like to live next door to Section 8 renters? Or perhaps, this was a professional neighborhood, where black and hispanic office workers liked to unwind after a hard day at the office by beating their baby mammas and sicking the pitsbulls on the neighbors?

I call b*ll*s*** on your post, jb. Poor whites on welfare act just as trashy as poor blacks do, and middle class blacks make just as fine as citizens as middle class whites.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:02 PM

64 posts, read 105,684 times
Quote:
Are you for real? Every low income reprobate living in a housing estate is walking around with a pit bull in England, many of them teach their dogs to **** outside your doorstep if you aren't white. I moved out of these areas a long time ago thankfully, but if you venture outside the main cities not much has changed.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:32 AM

Wow, look at those replies, all from absolute morons who didn't bother to read the whole post. I challenge you ALL to read the last two lines of what I posted, then retract your completely ignorant posts.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I think that is called "a sampling error". 40 million black people in the nation and you base your opinion on 4 black households. That is one hell of a sampling error.
Once again, putting in your $.02 without completely understanding the post you quote. And furthermore, an opinion is just that, it is not fact, so make sure to remember that the next time you post, but please, be sure to re-read the whole thing, especially the last two sentences and then you can get back to me.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Is this post for real? So, in your old neighborhood, did all of the whites make significantly more money than the six black households and four hispanic ones? Perhaps all of the whites were professionals who just happened to like to live next door to Section 8 renters? Or perhaps, this was a professional neighborhood, where black and hispanic office workers liked to unwind after a hard day at the office by beating their baby mammas and sicking the pitsbulls on the neighbors?

I call b*ll*s*** on your post, jb. Poor whites on welfare act just as trashy as poor blacks do, and middle class blacks make just as fine as citizens as middle class whites.
You can't call bullish on my post, because it happened, I was there. What you are more than welcome to do is read the whole post again, and take a second to try and comprehend the last two sentences. You will never read me say anything remotely racist on here. What I do, however is to offer my experiences in hopes that they open the eyes and minds of people who think that a certain creed or race or skin color is oppressed without reason.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Let me also just say that police being called to a house is not evidence of crimes being committed. Maybe it was the white neighbors calling the police on the black families? Maybe a group of people visited the homes and whites thought it was evidence of drug dealing. Again, the question is who called the police and did the police actually arrest anyone for a crime? When I was a kid we had a gas leak in our home and we all were asleep and would have died if my father had not, for some strange reason, come home early. When he got home he called 911 and the police were the first to arrive then the ambulance. Police are often dispathed to homes for medical emergencies and other things.....but of course.....had you witnessed the police coming to our home it would have been evidence of nefarious activity endemic to black households....lol. Furthermore, you mean to tell me that domestic abuse is not prevelent in the white community? I guess its morally superior to punch out your girlfriend or wife inside the home than it is to do it in the front yard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates