Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2010, 10:53 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,340,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
If anyone wants to see a classic case of what in psychology is known as "projecting"....MathGuy is a good example. In his quest not to get "Pawned" a term I borrowed from him....lol, he needed an exit strategy to save face. Thus.....he took my first sentence and said that I was insulting him. He claims that my alleged insult of him soured his desire to debate and because he seeks reasonable debates without insult.

Here is that paragraph that contains the alleged insult:

Well….well read people are not intimidated by a few paragraphs. It’s only when what one is reading is something that they do not really want to hear…..that it subjectively becomes verbose. I don’t believe in brevity on a subject matter like this because I try to eliminate all avenues to misrepresent or misunderstand what I am trying to say and what needs to be said.

That, in his opinion, discredits my intentions which makes debate with me unworthy. Yet.....yet....Yet.....In the topic about Iran and Nukes, he insults another poster in 3 different threads by calling him a liar...lol....in another post in the same topic he said he was "grinding" this poster...lol
Here are the threads:

[SIZE=3]http://www.city-data.com/forum/13835931-post12.html[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]http://www.city-data.com/forum/13838281-post18.html[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]http://www.city-data.com/forum/13838281-post18.html[/SIZE]

Yet.....I am to believe that my alleged insult of him....is why he no longer will dignify me with a response.....lol. That is an example of how phony many of you are......lol.
seriously, be quiet already! jeez, enough w/ the posturing! you think you're intelligent, yet no matter how lengthy your posts and how often you belittle others, you STILL come off as an arrogant, RACIST fool not worth the time or energy of anyone else left on this thread! in case you haven't notice, the majority of the people (lack and white no less) disagree w/ you. I'm sure you'll find a way to dismiss it as the majority being "idiots" and you being so "righteous" and" intelligent", but the more you talk, the more idiotic you come off, despite your attempts to come off as educated. needless to say, most people on this thread think you're a racist fool. you need to take a good look at yourself and wonder why (I'm guessing this is an issue in real life as well), since you're doing NOTHING to help your cause

Mathguy, sandryn0224, etc, now may be the time to let this thread die and leave Indentured Servant to his racist ramblings. NOTHING said here will deter him and this thread has derailed from the original OP anyways. and now IS is bringing up posts from other threads, which is completely off topic (and comes stalker-ish. what, are you going to follow him around on threads now?). folks like IS can't be helped anymore than a seasoned KKK member. narrow-minded racism isn't just limited to whites, no matter what IS may think, and lord knows, he's proven this in this thread...

Last edited by eevee; 04-23-2010 at 11:02 PM..

Old 04-23-2010, 10:57 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,308,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
This article (http://www.newgeography.com/content/00609-sushi-without-japanese-portlands-cultural-dilemma - broken link) irritates me. I'm not going to call it anti-white, but I'm going to call it "irritating". I don't understand what's wrong with living in a city that has a European American majority.

This is why I think multiculturalism and racial diversity is overrated.

A city doesn't have to have a non-white majority to be a good place to live.

To be honest, it's crap like the statements in that article that make me feel a little insignificant in America just because of my race (White/Caucasian). It makes me feel that I have no culture just because of my race. Every human being belongs to a culture regardless of their race or ethnicity.

Here's a quote from the article:

Advocating for the coloring of white neighborhoods seems extreme. But Portlanders do themselves a disservice by not at least discussing the potential consequences of living in a whitewashed city.

My question is: What the hell?

I know I make quite a few threads on race, but there are many things about it that just annoy me, such as the content of that article.

Thoughts? Opinions?

*Please don't complain about me or my post. I've had enough of people doing that when I make threads. Just state your thoughts and opinions. That's all I ask*
diversity i guess?

Old 04-24-2010, 12:40 AM

446 posts, read 830,973 times
Quote:
If anyone wants to see a classic case of what in psychology is known as "projecting"....MathGuy is a good example. In his quest not to get "Pawned" a term I borrowed from him....lol,
Actually, it's PWNED...LOL

As in, "YOU'VE been pwned!"...which, in this case, would be true!

Buh Byeeeee

Old 04-24-2010, 12:45 AM

446 posts, read 830,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post

Mathguy, sandryn0224, etc, now may be the time to let this thread die and leave Indentured Servant to his racist ramblings. NOTHING said here will deter him and this thread has derailed from the original OP anyways. and now IS is bringing up posts from other threads, which is completely off topic (and comes stalker-ish. what, are you going to follow him around on threads now?). folks like IS can't be helped anymore than a seasoned KKK member. narrow-minded racism isn't just limited to whites, no matter what IS may think, and lord knows, he's proven this in this thread...
I agree with you 100%....I think the highlight of his life is coming here to see who he's annoyed the most and I'm not playing his game anymore. He's just not that entertaining anymore.

Thank you for your post eevee.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:19 AM

194 posts, read 300,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
It's much harder for whites, because the police have to pick on the whites to meet their quota.
Because the Blacks & Hispanics have it so easy

Old 04-24-2010, 06:36 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,702,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
seriously, be quiet already! jeez, enough w/ the posturing! you think you're intelligent, yet no matter how lengthy your posts and how often you belittle others, you STILL come off as an arrogant, RACIST fool not worth the time or energy of anyone else left on this thread! in case you haven't notice, the majority of the people (lack and white no less) disagree w/ you. I'm sure you'll find a way to dismiss it as the majority being "idiots" and you being so "righteous" and" intelligent", but the more you talk, the more idiotic you come off, despite your attempts to come off as educated. needless to say, most people on this thread think you're a racist fool. you need to take a good look at yourself and wonder why (I'm guessing this is an issue in real life as well), since you're doing NOTHING to help your cause

Everyone is a racist when no one uses the standard definition and instead employs their own self serving definition. Do I think I am intelligent? What I know is that I am a college graduate. I don’t know if I am intelligent, but I am educated (in the sciences and in problem identification and solving). I actually prefer debates where the majority of people disagree with me. I certainly can’t be challenged and grow from differing perspectives by surrounding myself in environments where everyone believes like me. I actually post on a couple of majority black forums where I have been called a “YT lover” all because I supported Hilary Clinton over Barack Obama and because I did not agree with what some of those black folks were calling “Racist incidents”, such as several of Bill Clintons Remarks. I like Obama and I like the fact that it is a strong positive image for young blacks to see what is possible, however, I never thought Obama was experienced enough for this job. I still believe Hilary Clinton would have made a better President because we need a more experienced person in these troubled economic times. You see…..all you see is what I say to white people but you do not see what I say to black people because, believe it or not, many people on those black forums refuse to even respond to me because of my views on Obama……lol. They think that I secretly a Republican/Conservative (Both parties suck to me)…..lol. However, I do note that few white people have choosen to attack and seek to silence and ignore people like JMadison.....and there negative commentary......people seem more uncomfortable with what I say than what white people say when they are implying the inferiority of black people. I imagine its because these attitudes don't THREATEN you or that you AGREE with them......but what I say in some way does. Think about it. Why take special aim at me...and not them...lol. Furthermore, the lenght of my post.....being a problem.....please....I am sure reading a romance novel or some other fiction or watching 2 hours of TV keeps you glued...with no complaints. Actually its simple....you just don't want to hear the truth....no matter short or long....

In light of that, I am totally used to being censored in one way or the other. I don’t come into forums looking to make friends or enemies. Whether one like me or not, calls me names or not…….people don’t call me a LIAR. People are upset at what I expose……but they cannot deny what was exposed so they attempt to have it covered back up by attacking the messenger, silencing the messenger and or ignoring the messenger. Please…….this is not new to me. This pattern is repeated almost invariably in every such debate like this I have had. Back in about 2006 I was "banned" from a forum for my "Negativity". My crime was that I was predicting that the American economy would collapse in a few years. I guess the moderator and or forum optimist did not like what I was saying and were trying to promote a "Positive" outlook for the site. Most of the people then also disagreed with me.....but guess what happened a few years latter.

I am not a liar……so why the hell do people get so upset with the truth? Point out where I have lied or forever hold your peace. The number one reason why this country is going down hill is the inability or unwillingness of its people to deal with the TRUTH or things that make them uncomfortable......so they just pretend that it does not exist. That is why this nation has a national debt of about 75 trillion when unfunded liabilities are added to the accounting. The standard of living of this nation has been artificially high for several decades....but people did not want to hear that or accept that.....which is why we have the 75 trillion dollar debt bomb that is about to explode in our face. You people need to buy a vowel and maybe you can figure out what the word is.......assuming that you want to.....i guess ignorance is bliss is in full effect. The fact that people HATE what I have to say.......leads them to interpret me as a person of HATE. However......thy doth project.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 04-24-2010 at 08:05 AM..

Old 04-24-2010, 08:14 AM

2,699 posts, read 2,410,445 times
Quote:
Those who lie and or those who deny have arms too short to box with one who is wise........I do surmise.

Light will always drive vampires back into the dark into hiding. Vampires are easily exposed because they are the ones who always run and hide when dawn breaks. The truth is the light and the truly unrighteous are revealed when they dissapear when it shines.

You all have not grown silent from any other reason than being vampires. This is standard operating procedure for those who are on the wrong side of truth.....and want to remain there.

Enjoy your darkness...I am sure its crowded in there....lol.
Um.....okay then.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:28 AM

2,699 posts, read 2,410,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
diversity i guess?
European Americans aren't a homogeneous group. Germans, French, Scandinavians, Irish, Italians, Greeks, Hungarians, Russians, Ukrainians, Lithuanians, Latvians, and Estonians are different ethnic groups. I would assume that Americans of these ethic groups are different, too. European Americans aren't all the same, and we only lump them all together and call them "white" because it's faster and easier. I wish people would realize the diversity in European ethnic groups more often.

And, to me, racial diversity isn't the most important thing in this country. Not every single city needs to have a minority-majority. The world doesn't revolve around racial and ethnic diversity.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:48 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
European Americans aren't a homogeneous group. Germans, French, Scandinavians, Irish, Italians, Greeks, Hungarians, Russians, Ukrainians, Lithuanians, Latvians, and Estonians are different ethnic groups. I would assume that Americans of these ethic groups are different, too. European Americans aren't all the same, and we only lump them all together and call them "white" because it's faster and easier. I wish people would realize the diversity in European ethnic groups more often.

And, to me, racial diversity isn't the most important thing in this country. Not every single city needs to have a minority-majority. The world doesn't revolve around racial and ethnic diversity.
I think there are a crapload of white folks who could call, or at least classify themselves European-Americans. They would be those folks who are white but have a lineage that is a conglomeration of European nations of origin. In fact, I can't think of one white person I know who claims one, specific European nation of ancestry. I'm white but have no ancestral link to any one specifc European nation. I am a Euro-American. African-Americans and European-Americans are alike in that way.

Last names mean very little as far as European origins. A person can be almost everything but Irish and yet have MacReynolds as a last name.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:51 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,277,967 times
Quote:
I am the type who believes that TRUTH is the key to solving everything. The problem with that assumption is that it assumes people are seeking the truth and righteousness and ignores that people are highly vested in their ignorance because it defends their phony status. White people want to see themselves as SUPREME. Its serves the ego, subconciously if not concsciously, to belong to the SUPERIOR group. It makes you feel special, powerful and more favored in the eyes of nature...and hence the "most high", as he "Blessed" with with this "Gift". White don't have to go around shouting and annoucing their beliefs in their supremacy, for all they have to do is constantly point out the inferiority of others. "look at those lazy black people"! "Look at those irresponsible black people"! "Look at those violent black people"! "Look at those bad choice making black people"....and on and on. What they are really saying in those observation is that...."Look at our supremacy"! "Look at how much better we are than you"! "Look how civilized we are"! "Your problems don't have anything to do with the history of what others have done to you, for if it did, that would mean that our supremacy over you is artificial and that the only reason that we do better than you is because of the way you were mistreated"! Well.....I can't imagine that whites want to give up their ego tripping of supremacy. Think about it. If black inequality today is the result of white oppression....the psychological ramification are tremendous. They have to look at their status in a whole new light. It would be discredited. WHich is why whites, as a general rule, must continue to see blacks as inferior. Your status (Supremacy) would then be like a phony diploma that you really did not EARN.
No, what I would like to see is certain segments of underclass blacks make a true effort at being equal instead of taking a free ride on so called entitlement programs. To those who have made it to an equal footing with myself and others, I applaud you. To the ones who keep crying victim and do nothing to imrove your life, you will never amount to anything but a drug dealing thug. Lotsa luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates