Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2010, 12:04 PM

30,904 posts, read 36,995,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Color pride is only important when a people have color disrespect. If you feel less about yourself because of your color.....than that is what needs to be affirmed so that you feel better about yourself. Black pride is not white hatred. Its an attempt at deprogramming to reach a positive image. White organized pride is about hating others. Black pride is not the same as white pride in purpose.
Black, white, or whatever color, I think this emphasis on pride and positive self image. It leads to an attitude of entitlement and narcissism that we see in all races of younger people today.

The focus should be on character development and achievement, not just "pride" or "self-esteem". The emphasis needs to be on doing over feeling.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:06 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,719,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Wonderful attempt at blinding obfuscation.

Even so, underneath it is a festering cauldron of excuses, blaming and hate-filled racism.

It's obvious to everyone but you.
Yet...your keen grasp of the obvious, one would suppose, would allow you to quote someting that I said that demonstrates hate and or racism. I understand that is your claim against me....I just want to see what your evidence is.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
[/color][/color]

I do agree with this to a point. Certainly a change in the law does not magically change society.

But there's got to be an expiration date on this. Otherwise, it just becomes an excuse. At some point, the past has to be left in the past. You can't go forward if you're still living in the past.

I would suggest a lot of the issues with the high black homicide rate and other social ills are related to the fact that around 70% of black children are born out of wedlock. Interestingly enough, that was not the case 30 or 40 years ago, when there was arguably much more discrimination against blacks than there is today. Overall, kids who are born to unmarried parents just don't do as well on a variety of measures (and that's true regardless of race). So I think maybe a lot of this could be fixed by relationship/social skills improvement. Maybe churches would be a good vehicle for that.

And by the way, I'm not the only one saying this. People like Bill Cosby and Larry Elder have said similar things. But many so-called "black leaders" marginalize people like Elder and Cosby. After all, those who promote the victim ideology will lose money and power if people get out of victim mode.
Making observations, by siting stats, is NOT explanation. What is the explanation of why 70% of blacks are born out of wedlock? Also note that 30 or 40 years ago....a lower percentage of whites were born out of wedlock as well. So there has been an increase in BOTH the rates of children born out of wedlock...from their baseline 30 or 40 years ago. The rate has problably double for both blacks and white since then.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:30 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,695,563 times
Quote:
Yet...your keen grasp of the obvious, one would suppose, would allow you to quote someting that I said that demonstrates hate and or racism. I understand that is your claim against me....I just want to see what your evidence is.
YAWN.

Quote:
"Whites simple do not respect the ramifications of history. Too many think that just because something ended....that the consquences or reactions ended as well. You don't have a CLUE!!!! I get sick of such ignorance as if you are experts in what we go through better than we are."

"
White organized pride is about hating others. Black pride is not the same as white pride in purpose."

"Black pride is not about lifting ourselves up by putting others down (like white pride), but rather, trying to lift ourselves up from others having put us down."

"If I had to choose between a more unified world and a more successful black population that does not live in poverty and violence……I would choose the latter every time. Look…..we moved to white communities…..and whites moved out. We have been the ones attempting to unify and integrate but we only get resistance and rationalizations about why they choose not to live around many of us. Please….we are not the ones preventing unity."

"Here black people are at the bottom of the world economically, while whites are on top, then when we find a way to undo the damage of white racism and feel better about ourselves and excel from the methodology……whites have a problem with it. If that don't beat all! No matter what we do…..whites got a problem with it….if it does not meet your approval. Well….sorry…..you all don’t actually have a very good history of having our best interest at heart...just your own!"

"I think the best term for the attitude of a lot of whites in this ere is "Obstructionist". Whatever blacks do....they always try to obstuct it. I guess I should be happy...for it is an improvement over "oppressionist" "

"When some white folks are confronted with evidence that past and present racism has a negative impact upon black lives....it undercuts so much of your beliefs that you refuse the epipheny. You have too much invested in your ignorance and your world views and what you learned from your parents. Your beliefs are like your "Property" that you defend with all against those who attempt to usurp it."

I could go on and on. But I won't, because you're too closed-minded, hateful and racist to accept the TRUTH.

I do have to wonder what you see when you look in the mirror.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:32 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,695,563 times
Quote:
Making observations, by siting stats, is NOT explanation. What is the explanation of why 70% of blacks are born out of wedlock? Also note that 30 or 40 years ago....a lower percentage of whites were born out of wedlock as well. So there has been an increase in BOTH the rates of children born out of wedlock...from their baseline 30 or 40 years ago. The rate has problably double for both blacks and white since then.
Yet even after your spin-job, you cannot cover over the fact that a MAJORITY of black children are born out of wedlock. A guy went & got a girl knocked up, then disappeared. The percentage is more than double what it is for people of other races.

Let's see how you manufacture a scenario where THAT is the fault of Ole Whitey.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
YAWN.

I could go on and on. But I won't, because you're too closed-minded, hateful and racist to accept the TRUTH.

I do have to wonder what you see when you look in the mirror.
hate   /heɪt/ Show Spelled [heyt] Show IPA verb, hat·ed, hat·ing, noun

–verb (used with object)
1. to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward; detest: to hate the enemy; to hate bigotry.

2. to be unwilling; dislike: I hate to do it.
–verb (used without object)

3. to feel intense dislike, or extreme aversion or hostility.

–noun
4. intense dislike; extreme aversion or hostility.

5. the object of extreme aversion or hostility.

rac·ism   /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Show Spelled[rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
–noun
1.a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

2.a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

3.hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
Use racism in a Sentence

an·ger   /ˈæŋgər/ Show Spelled[ang-ger] Show IPA
–noun
1.a strong feeling of displeasure and belligerence aroused by a wrong; wrath; ire.

2.Chiefly British Dialect. pain or smart, as of a sore.
3.Obsolete. grief; trouble.

–verb (used with object)

4.to arouse anger or wrath in.

5.Chiefly British Dialect. to cause to smart; inflame.

–verb (used without object)

6.to become angry: He angers with little provocation.

Source:

Now....these are the terms that were used against me. There is nothing that you quoted that maps to these definitions. Now...from those OBJECTIVE definitions.....I can easly point out how most of what you all are saying maps to RACISM.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:43 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,863,555 times
Did you know, that the leading group of new AIDS cases is in young black women, caused by young black men and gangrapes? Is that also the fault of the white man? Is THAT why there is a need for afrocentric schools? Obviously the people committing these crimes think they are right at the time, so should we teach that to children? I think not.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Yet even after your spin-job, you cannot cover over the fact that a MAJORITY of black children are born out of wedlock. A guy went & got a girl knocked up, then disappeared. The percentage is more than double what it is for people of other races.

Let's see how you manufacture a scenario where THAT is the fault of Ole Whitey.
Lets see how you manufature a scenario where THAT is NOT the result of black inferiority to whites and others.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
Did you know, that the leading group of new AIDS cases is in young black women, caused by young black men and gangrapes? Is that also the fault of the white man? Is THAT why there is a need for afrocentric schools? Obviously the people committing these crimes think they are right at the time, so should we teach that to children? I think not.

rac·ism   /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Show Spelled[rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
–noun
1.a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

2.a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

3.hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Yep....

Old 05-18-2010, 12:51 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,354,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
Is there any source to that claim?

Do you really think that rapists have no idea that what they're doing is wrong?

Do you honestly suggest that that is the sort of values that will be taught in an afrocentric school?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates