Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 03:16 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Whoah Memphis, not all of us Catholics. I think it is absolutely repulsive hearing about all molestations going on in the Church. Furthermore, continuing to hide the fact and cover these priests up is unacceptable, and something should be done about it! But I don't want to deviate from the topic. Just my 2 cents. It's probably why I am more spiritual of a person, than religious, if that makes sense.
Until he steps down, or is forced down as Pope (ie Gods voice on Earth), I will not think highly of any Catholic followers.

If the President was known to have covered up child molestation charges, there would be constant, never ending protests until he was impeached, or resigned.

I don't see those for the Pope, and thats what I'd expect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Hahaha! Nice one! Unfortunately, that Rush Limbaugh-esque sentence is a commentary on you. Nothing else.
One question.

Is this the current Pope

The Pope is the leader of the church, he makes the rules, and is "Gods voice" on Earth.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:21 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,687,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Until he steps down, or is forced down as Pope (ie Gods voice on Earth), I will not think highly of any Catholic followers.

If the President was known to have covered up child molestation charges, there would be constant, never ending protests until he was impeached, or resigned.

I don't see those for the Pope, and thats what I'd expect.
Okay, let's clear this up.

I've heard rumblings and rumors about the Pope knowing about molestation and doing nothing about it. I've also heard about him being a Nazi.

Is there any evidence to back up these claims, or is this just more anti-Catholic bashing?
By the way, I'm not Catholic, so I don't have a personal faith involved here. I just am not too into rumors and accusations.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:23 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,687,320 times
Quote:
One question.

Is this the current Pope

The Pope is the leader of the church, he makes the rules, and is "Gods voice" on Earth.
Nice, but a miserable miss.

EVERY boy in Germany, during that time, was forced to be in The Hitler Youth. Ratzinger was CONSCRIPTED into the Hitler Youth. It was required by law, for all boys 14 & older.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:38 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,198,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilExquiste View Post
Nothing wrong with having a Muslim for Miss USA. When will this brainless hatred ever end?
The question wasn't about a Muslim being Miss USA.
The question was whether one can be both a Catholic and a Muslim.

As a Catholic, I would say it is impossible to be both.

I'll bet most Muslims would say the same.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:46 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,198,668 times
Of course,anyone can claim they're a Catholic.

( Ted Kennedy for instance)

Old 05-17-2010, 04:11 PM

958 posts, read 1,106,636 times
Muslim pawn, nothing more nothing less. How long before the traitor bammy licks her feet.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:59 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,014,195 times
Quote:
How do you get hate out of that sentence?

I just said "I think" I didn't throw a hissy fit, or type obscene things about it.

Its just my opinion, that Miss USA should be American born. Its not my pagent, if Mr. Trump wants to allow non natives into it, so be it.

I was just stating my opinion.
You were not the worst of them, and I later regretted appending my last line to a post that responded to you. My apologies. However, my last line does apply to several other posters on this thread.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:12 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,715,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar242 View Post
Muslim pawn, nothing more nothing less. How long before the traitor bammy licks her feet.
I have read through this thread and have been getting a laugh out of all the screeching going on. Your post is the most offensive on them all. You disgust me.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:47 PM

Well, that didn't last long.

Miss USA Stripping Scandal
UPDATE: Pageant asking questions about photos of Miss USA Rima Fakih in a 2007 stripping contest sponsored by a Detroit radio station
Read more on Fox News

Miss USA Stripping Scandal « Daily Break News (http://dailybreaknews.com/miss-usa-stripping-scandal/02514 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates