Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 06:05 AM

3 posts, read 6,695 times

Advertisements

Hey anyone who's reading this. I'm hoping if you're reading this, you're new to the Triad Area as well and are looking to make freinds! My boyfriend and I recently moved to High Point, NC from Minnesota and are looking to make new friends (sounds a little pathedic I know but moving to a new area and making friends isn't always easy when you're out of school.) A little history about us: we are both 24 and recently got an English Bulldog who is a little over 3 months old now. My boyfriend works at a bank and I'm a RN. We are both very outgoing, love to travel and love to have a good time. My boyfriend LOVES to fish and I enjoy decorating, scrapbooking, and working out. If anyone reading this has a Bulldog or even a dog, maybe we could have a puppy date?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 12:32 AM

13 posts, read 32,224 times
In the area, but not new to the area. What side of town are you on?

Old 09-26-2010, 01:50 AM

3 posts, read 6,695 times
We are basically in Greensboro...right on the boarder of High Point and Greensboro. Are you in High Point or Greensboro?

Old 09-26-2010, 05:18 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,159,777 times
If you haven't already done so, check out Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup

Old 09-26-2010, 07:50 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
And how about that? Our listed home is across the street from Oak Hollow lake.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:57 AM

108 posts, read 371,797 times
PM'd you Lil. My husband and I are relatively new ourselves and in the same boat when it comes to trying to find new friends.

The last town we lived in (Spartanburg, SC) we started a small dinner group for couples in their 20s but then got word that DH's job would be transferring so didn't get to do much with the group after the first meeting. I'd be happy to work on something like that again in our new area!

Old 09-28-2010, 07:07 AM

13 posts, read 32,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRoJo123 View Post
We are basically in Greensboro...right on the boarder of High Point and Greensboro. Are you in High Point or Greensboro?

Used to live around that area, now more on the Davidson Co side of HP.

A lot of the folks who live in that area frequent JP Looneys or Ham's if you are one to have a weekend beer or two. Lots of people new to the area live in one of the many apt complexes around.

You could also check the "Yes Weekly", a free local magazine. They host young professional's get togethers once a month I believe in Greensboro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point