Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 09:29 AM

10 posts, read 27,246 times

Advertisements

I was told there isn't much around Lexington as far as neighborhood choices go, so I'm wondering what some suggestions are. Would like to look at southern part of Winston-Salem, so the commute isn't too long, but I don't know anything about High Point, either.
My cousin is moving for the same reason and going to Lake Norman, but for us that seems too far and pricey for two newlyweds.
Any suggestions? We're coming from Northern Va.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 09:31 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,583,816 times
currently I commute from Greensboro to Lexington everyday, but I would recommend Winston-Salem since its closer to Lexington via Highway 52.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:46 AM

525 posts, read 2,123,892 times
There's Lexington, Thomasville, HP, and Winston-Salem nearby. Also if you like country settings, anywhere in Davidson outside the city proper- Welcome, Denton, Midway, Reeds Crossroads... all nice little towns. All affordable and close to lex.

Nothing wrong with Lexington- cheap, but a little depressed due to job prospects.

Good luck!

Old 11-29-2007, 09:49 AM

40 posts, read 204,343 times
I grew up in that area. My mom worked in Lexington for a few years and we lived in Louisville at the time. Thats a suburb of winston and very affordable. Also its right of the interstate so its an easy commute. Clemmons would also be a possibility but it is a little bit farther west.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:29 PM

222 posts, read 936,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0010 View Post
I was told there isn't much around Lexington as far as neighborhood choices go, so I'm wondering what some suggestions are. Would like to look at southern part of Winston-Salem, so the commute isn't too long, but I don't know anything about High Point, either.
My cousin is moving for the same reason and going to Lake Norman, but for us that seems too far and pricey for two newlyweds.
Any suggestions? We're coming from Northern Va.
Thanks!
Are you needing to consider where you live concerning the public school?

Old 11-29-2007, 07:06 PM

10 posts, read 27,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipster View Post
Are you needing to consider where you live concerning the public school?
No kids yet, but in the future so yes, that would be a consideration...

Old 11-29-2007, 07:12 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times
Reason that was probably brought up even though Lexington and Thomasville City Schools do ok on the elementary level they are lacking in the middle school and high School level.
As others have mention try to get on the Northern end of Davidson County the schools rank alot better in that section. If you are looking for rather new construction that is area to look at or if you are looking for a home with a decent size yard look around Midway, Clemmons area or Wallburg.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:08 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,455,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolicakes View Post
I grew up in that area. My mom worked in Lexington for a few years and we lived in Louisville at the time. Thats a suburb of winston and very affordable. Also its right of the interstate so its an easy commute. Clemmons would also be a possibility but it is a little bit farther west.
I suggest you look at Clemmons. It is right outside the Davidson county line. You could take Hampton rd. to I50 then hit hwy. 64 into Lexington.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:25 AM

93 posts, read 354,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolicakes View Post

it's lewisville*

*correcting for search purposes (you'll never find louisville, nc with google)

Old 12-01-2007, 05:40 PM

22 posts, read 59,889 times
Look in Clemmons/Lewisville, then just follow 801 down to 64. You can head a little west on 64 as well. With any of those areas you'll have an easy commute, low taxes and good elementary/middle schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point