Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 09:20 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,539,296 times

Advertisements

Well, that just SUX!! We just got DTV on our boat at the lake this past weekend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 09:21 AM

958 posts, read 2,620,500 times
I have DirecTV in Spartanburg for TV only. Had U-Verse for internet, but cancelled it a couple months ago. Not worth the price. Could never get connected at anything a little over half the speed I was paying for. They came out twice to look at it, but I was told that since we were basically at the end of the "node", I would never get the speed I was signed up for. Switched internet to Charter, and it's much faster and more reliable. I have had issues in the past with them, especially up in Asheville, but they've been good in Spartanburg so far. I would not recommend U-Verse.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:35 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,661,462 times
We have U-Verse here in Mauldin and have been very happy with it. We have the 24 Mbps package and always get very near or at the advertised speed. Of course the node is 75 ft from my house.

U-Verse also has more HD channels than Charter (at least more than Charter advertises on their web site).

As for price, they are about the same as charter when everything is added in, and the promotions are only good for so long.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:39 AM

344 posts, read 815,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCainJr View Post
Then this happened at Directv for all you Viacom fans...DirecTV customers lose access to Viacom channels | Reuters
That explains why when I tried to turn on Nick Jr this morning, DirecTV gave me a mix channel option- it showed all the available kids' shows on at the moment, except the Nickelodeon networks. Interesting.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:52 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,841,818 times
No luck at the Charter office. It's either that there's a negotiating trick that everyone else but me knows, or they really have raised their prices and no longer give out the promotional rates.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:24 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,517,506 times
That's why I said sometimes its the words we use. Who knows! There are other threads in this forum about Charter and the other's services. I'm pretty sure that while most everyone HATES Charter, they offer the best service around here unless you luck out and are right on top of AT&T's node. It also depends on what you use the internet for. I work online so I need as reliable as I can get where I live and that's Charter! Sure they sometimes have trouble but that's true of many of the others too. You can't maintain a system without knocking some off once in awhile.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:28 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,661,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
.... unless you luck out and are right on top of AT&T's node. It also depends on what you use the internet for. I work online so I need as reliable as I can get where I live and that's Charter! Sure they sometimes have trouble but that's true of many of the others too. You can't maintain a system without knocking some off once in awhile.
I think you're right on this, and we've been very lucky with U-Verse at this point. I work from home too and if AT&T even blinks wrong at me I'll have Charter out here for the internet portion of our service.

So far we've had about 15 minutes of total down time in about a year, which is better than I used to get on cable.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:19 PM

4,212 posts, read 6,899,912 times
Yeah. As I stated before, Charter's internet is not too bad. I've had worse in that department. That's why we negotiated a deal to keep our internet with them. I don't see myself ever going back to Charter for TV again though.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:10 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,539,296 times
How has reception been for DirecTV subscribers the past few days with all the rain/clouds? Even cable has had some hiccups!

Old 07-13-2012, 07:09 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,841,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
Yeah. As I stated before, Charter's internet is not too bad. I've had worse in that department. That's why we negotiated a deal to keep our internet with them. I don't see myself ever going back to Charter for TV again though.
What was your negotiated deal for just internet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area