Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2016, 02:00 PM

5,159 posts, read 7,349,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Nah CF is not large enough to make that much difference.
What stands out like an eyesore to me is Belk.They should have just left the brick alone, took down those old circular entrances and built some new ones with stacked stone to match the warm woodsy look of the rest of the mall. Looks like a cheap big box in a strip center now.

I fear Macys going rogue too would be a disaster for the front of the mall ( and you figure Sears doesn't have the money to do anything as they are on death watch by many) I don't recall it ever being announced by Macy's they were officially going to change the exterior. Unless they are going to change the whole mall leave it alone.
The exterior of Macy's is unattractive and overdue for renovation. The Macy's at Mall of Georgia looks much nicer, as well as the SouthPark and Northlake stores in Charlotte. The Haywood store needs updating on the exterior. As for Belk, I rather like their modern new look, but it does stand out a bit from the rest of the mall. Some of their Charlotte store designs may have been a better fit for Haywood Mall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 05:18 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times

Old 03-30-2016, 06:33 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times
Looks nice. I think it blends well with the brick color and stone of the rest of the mall.

Funny how Simon only resurfaced that one little section of parking with new islands, handicap signage etc. They did the same in front of Macys. The whole parking area needs to be redone. They have even had some potholes in places.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:02 PM

180 posts, read 341,449 times
Wow that was fast construction! I am sure it will be packed once it opens.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:55 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,443,251 times
Ish just got real.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:41 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,451,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
If it's locally-grown food, it's pretty much guaranteed not to come from a factory!

But yes, a locally-owned restaurant could be serving anything. I doubt anyone going into a Clock Restaurant, or Stax, thinks they are getting locally-grown food.

The Local Taco on Augusta purposely conflates these two ideas to confuse customers who might think they are eating locally-grown food. But they ain't.
The other things to keep in mind are were the seeds GMO seeds? Were the plants sprayed with toxic pesticides?

Just because it is grown locally doesn't mean it is any better quality or more pure. I hope people realize that.

South Carolinians could be paying a premium for toxic produce buying "locally grown" if they are too trusting and don't verify how the produce was actually grown. I'd rather buy organic from farther away that buy GMO crops grown here "locally".

Old 03-31-2016, 08:11 PM

5,159 posts, read 7,349,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Looks nice. I think it blends well with the brick color and stone of the rest of the mall.

Funny how Simon only resurfaced that one little section of parking with new islands, handicap signage etc. They did the same in front of Macys. The whole parking area needs to be redone. They have even had some potholes in places.
Looks ok, but not as nice as the SouthPark location. And seems a bit smaller as well. But now Macy's next door needs to go ahead and renovate its exterior as previously planned, as it looks unattractive and very bland. Especially compared to Northlake, SouthPark, and Mall of Georgia locations.

Old 04-01-2016, 07:44 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,229,164 times
The Cheesecake Factory is looking good.

Old 04-04-2016, 02:55 PM

126 posts, read 199,852 times
Let's hope that Macy's gets a exterior renovation soon. It's ugly and plain but I realize that was the style back in the day with brown brick. Im proud to hear that Cheesecake Factory is coming to Haywood and also Greenville is getting its second Ruth Chris Steakhouse in Downtown!

Go Greenville!

Old 04-04-2016, 07:28 PM

843 posts, read 1,431,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
The other things to keep in mind are were the seeds GMO seeds? Were the plants sprayed with toxic pesticides?

Just because it is grown locally doesn't mean it is any better quality or more pure. I hope people realize that.

South Carolinians could be paying a premium for toxic produce buying "locally grown" if they are too trusting and don't verify how the produce was actually grown. I'd rather buy organic from farther away that buy GMO crops grown here "locally".
Or they could be going to support their neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area