Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 02:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,352 times

Advertisements

You seem to know about Boiling Springs. Do you know what county it is in and if the development Shoally Brook is in it? It is located off Parris Bridge Road, offf Sandifer and then into the development. It is actually off 9.

Can't seem to find info on the area. The development is nice. Doesn't seem like there are any stores, etc. near by.

Thank you,
Eleanore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 04:36 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,934 times
E&L,
Boiling Springs is in Spartanburg County. There is a lot of growth going on on Rt. 9. Sorry I can't give more info.

Old 06-24-2007, 12:48 PM

64 posts, read 289,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElandLen View Post
You seem to know about Boiling Springs. Do you know what county it is in and if the development Shoally Brook is in it? It is located off Parris Bridge Road, offf Sandifer and then into the development. It is actually off 9.

Can't seem to find info on the area. The development is nice. Doesn't seem like there are any stores, etc. near by.

Thank you,
Eleanore
Eleanore,

Shoally Brook is in Spartanburg county. We did look (drove through) that community also. It is not far from Cobb's Creek. From the research I did district 2 schools are great. We actually took our children down there and toured the schools. Very impressed. And they loved it.
As far as stores etc. They are close enough 10-15 minutes and they have everything you could need. But you are still having the feeling of living in the country. Everyone is super nice there. You can't walk through a store without someone saying Hello or Good morning. You have to treat people the way you want to be treated. I felt very comfortable and relaxed there. We can't wait to get down there.
Not sure what else I can help you with. We have done alot of research over the computer, some phone calls, and several trips down . Hope this helps you, if I can help you with more questions., I will.
Take care,
Nancy

Old 11-05-2007, 08:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,251 times
Nancy, what are your & your husbands job experiences? I am an employer in the financial services area of investment, tax preparation, & planning in upstate SC including Spartanburg.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:14 PM

603 posts, read 2,340,107 times
My best friend moved to Boiling Springs from Maryland a few years ago. Her family loves it there. Her daughter attends school in district 2 and she subs there. She's a certified teacher who has been in the schools--she thinks they are great. I'd move there myself if I could talk my husband into it (too close to my mom).

Old 10-06-2008, 10:40 AM

2 posts, read 4,028 times
Unhappy Decide for yourself

We moved to Boiling Springs about a year ago and my kids go to
Boiling Springs Elementary. I have a feeling that the person who posted the less than favorable response probably has kids that go there, too. I have to say that she is pretty much right on the money. There just don't seem to be enough resources and the communication between parent and teacher is not very good. I'm not blaming the teachers. The class sizes are huge and there are no assistants past k-5. It is so bad that I've told my husband I'd be willing to relocate...again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area