Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 08:29 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,185,127 times

Advertisements

Want to mention the free Lidl magazine, just glancing through it real quick. Nice, informative magazine from my first glance. Will have to sit down with it later to go through it.
Attached Thumbnails
Lidl Wade Hampton opening date?-img_20170621_102709.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 01:57 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,185,127 times
Lidl Visit #2

We went to the store in Spartanburg, here's a few more notes, and comparisons.

Picture number 1 is what I mentioned being the candy that sounded un-appealing. Seriously, no one could come up with something better than what's on the front of the bag currently??

The cooler issues are at the store too, even worse as one of the coolers on the wall is out too. Was told it was an issue all the stores were having and the were hoping it would be rectified after closing tonight. They said it wasn't cooling down to the right temperature. The other store had cheeses and other stuff the didn't have available here due to this.

Even with this store being limited due to lack of these freezers/coolers it still felt like they had more selection than the GVL store. The bakery had !ore but it could be due to selling out at other location as we went late. I bought a multi seeded roll, (.59ea.) It was delicious. I haven't tried the everything bagel I bought.

This store I noticed some sandwiches and salads RTE and it reminded me of TJs

They have a recycling"center" in store, that's a nice addition.

There is a call center to find out if something is in stock. It seems from what a worker told me, they can check the store stock for any store from this call center to see if an item is in stock at a particular store, except for the fresh items, like bakery.

Speaking of bakery again, they need descriptions for what's in the baked good, and ingredies. When asked about one bread in particular, they have to get a notebook to tell you what ingredients are in it. Would save a lot of trouble in so many ways if they would fix this.

I've had my fill of Lidl, though I know BF is going to want to go. I hate shopping, if one can believe. I would have waited to go if it weren't for my friends wanting to go. And, that's my suggestion...wait to go...there are still some kinks that needs to be ironed out.
Attached Thumbnails
Lidl Wade Hampton opening date?-20170621_114302-1-.jpg   Lidl Wade Hampton opening date?-20170621_113332.jpg   Lidl Wade Hampton opening date?-20170621_113533.jpg   Lidl Wade Hampton opening date?-20170621_120856.jpg  

Last edited by Eldemila; 06-21-2017 at 02:53 PM..

Old 06-21-2017, 09:33 PM

387 posts, read 331,171 times
Can one recycle glass at Lidl? Since the city did away with glass recycling I haven't found an option for recycling glass. It makes me feel weird tossing jars and bottles into the trash.

Old 06-22-2017, 06:54 AM

843 posts, read 1,432,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown27 View Post
Can one recycle glass at Lidl? Since the city did away with glass recycling I haven't found an option for recycling glass. It makes me feel weird tossing jars and bottles into the trash.
I specifically looked for glass recycling there the other day and there wasn't a spot for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area