Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2023, 10:00 AM
Status: "dreaming of Glacier National Park" (set 16 days ago)

732 posts, read 348,083 times

Advertisements

According to Wikipedia, Sinners in Heaven is considered a lost film meaning the film no longer exists in any studio archive, private collection or public archive. They claim 75% of the silent film era films have been lost.

For me that means the photograph of the Greenville movie theatre with the Sinners in Heaven ad is of great historic value. It is capturing something that is lost. If you narrowcast history to a few select cities like Charleston, you'll miss a lot of cool stuff like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2023, 01:37 PM

12,923 posts, read 18,770,297 times
Not really saying anything, just sharing a link from The State Newspaper about Conde Naste and Greenville’s #4 ranking on their readers’ “best small cities” list

https://www.thestate.com/news/state/...ibextid=Zxz2cZ

Old 10-05-2023, 06:18 PM

I'm surprised Frederick MD never makes lists like this one. It is like a blend of Greenville and Charleston's downtowns from an aesthetic standpoint

These lists are not environmentally conscious because they entice people to travel which typically involves fossil fuels. Conde Nast has a stated goal of carbon neutral by 2030.

Old 10-06-2023, 04:02 PM

Greenville is rolling out a new slogan “This is the life. This is Greenville.”

I wonder how many manhours were spent coming up with that generic slogan. Seems like a slogan mentioning the waterfall like Go Chasing Waterfalls in Greenville SC would be more effective for baiting tourists.

Greenville's waterfall was recently named the #1 waterfall in the country but the city avoids mentioning it in their slogan.

Last edited by LakeMan45; 10-06-2023 at 04:26 PM..

Old 10-06-2023, 04:29 PM

8,245 posts, read 13,368,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMan45 View Post
Greenville is rolling out a new slogan “This is the life. This is Greenville.”

I wonder how many manhours were spent coming up with that generic slogan. Seems like a slogan mentioning the waterfall like Go Chasing Waterfalls in Greenville SC would be more effective for baiting tourists.

Greenville's waterfall was recently named the #1 waterfall in the country but the city avoids mentioning it in their slogan.
Well I guess one doesnt want to go chasing waterfalls. they can @ just stick to the rivers and lakes that you are used to.....@

Old 10-07-2023, 12:50 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,756,315 times
Stop, I like Greenville, and I don't want the locusts to ruin it.

Old 10-07-2023, 06:33 AM

5,491 posts, read 8,326,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Stop, I like Greenville, and I don't want the locusts to ruin it.
Greenville is already in a boom.

Old 10-07-2023, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Well I guess one doesnt want to go chasing waterfalls. they can @ just stick to the rivers and lakes that you are used to.....@
They can stick to the Charlestons and Ashevilles they are used to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area