Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 10:21 PM

12 posts, read 43,415 times

Advertisements

Ok, I was under the impression that my husband's job offer was in Greenville, but, come to find out, it's actually in Gaffney. I've searched the forum and can't find out any information about this place at all. Does anybody know what it's like there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 10:24 PM

835 posts, read 2,305,342 times
There is a huge peach that your children will most likely laugh at. We all did.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:34 PM

354 posts, read 1,077,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningbecomeseclectic View Post
Ok, I was under the impression that my husband's job offer was in Greenville, but, come to find out, it's actually in Gaffney. I've searched the forum and can't find out any information about this place at all. Does anybody know what it's like there?
Ok.......I'm not living there yet.......but correct me if I'm wrong......isn't that where all the "outlet" shopping stores are??
(Leave it to a woman to google that subject before deciding on moving to a city, eh! haha)

Old 06-12-2008, 03:05 AM

33 posts, read 117,604 times
Yeah, Gaffney is home to the "Yellow Mall" outlet. Also home to big hair, makeup, and nice people. It's right between Greenville and Charlotte.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:08 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,373,752 times
You will find much more stereotypical "native Carolinian behavior" in Gaffney than in Greenville. By that, I mean that you should not be expecting the same level of openness and cultural diversity in Gaffney. It is still a small town quite distantly removed from the bustling business and commerce of the central Upstate region. It will likely take a long while before that changes much, from my experience there.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:57 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,606,962 times
I've worked in Gaffney over the past 4 months. I recently transferred to a position in Spartanburg (thank goodness). The commute now for me is much better (live near Pelham/Five Forks). Commuting I-85 daily is at best taxing and at worst downright torture. Trucks everywhere. Wrecks somewhat frequent. I-85 desparately needs 6 lanes from Spartanburg to Charlotte.

Gaffney itself is somewhat depressed - the highlight of the community are the outlets. Little in the way of good, local dining (never been to Harold's). Schools (I've heard) are below average.

If you have school kids, live in Spartanburg county and commute to Gaffney. Spartanburg itself has very good local dining/retail and above average/excellent schools.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:51 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningbecomeseclectic View Post
You don't want to live in Gaffney, live in Spartanburg.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:23 PM

26 posts, read 155,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
You don't want to live in Gaffney, live in Spartanburg.

x2 unless you have school age kids, then its x100

Old 06-13-2008, 10:13 PM

642 posts, read 2,088,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guestposter24 View Post
There is a huge peach that your children will most likely laugh at. We all did.
Yeah the big orange butt lol It was pretty cool to me the first time I seen it lol..

Old 06-13-2008, 10:18 PM

85 posts, read 432,468 times
Y'all better leave our peach alone, LOL!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area