Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 08:01 PM

37 posts, read 90,800 times

Advertisements

Were back in the area looking at homes and found a few we like in Neely Farms. It is my understanding the schools are good, the subdivison is beautiful. My question is this: is this subdivision a good place for kids. I have a 7 and 11 year old. Any comments, anyone out there that is familar with this area... I am just trying to find out if this area is a more "adult" place to live or children friendly. Thank you in advance for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 10:22 AM

548 posts, read 1,980,235 times
There aren't many "adult" subdivisions in and around Greenville. I believe Neely Farms is much like the one I live in so, yes, it's a kid friendly place. The have a pool, tennis courts etc.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:46 AM

642 posts, read 2,089,032 times
I would say yes it is very kid friendly There is always kids out playing in the field next too the pool house. It is a fav spot for a lot of kids too go too on halloween. I'm sure you will have no problems there.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janrey View Post
There aren't many "adult" subdivisions in and around Greenville. I believe Neely Farms is much like the one I live in so, yes, it's a kid friendly place. The have a pool, tennis courts etc.
Thanks for the info - we spent most of our day there today. A nice neighborhood

Old 06-21-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherinsc26 View Post
I would say yes it is very kid friendly There is always kids out playing in the field next too the pool house. It is a fav spot for a lot of kids too go too on halloween. I'm sure you will have no problems there.
We were there again today - very nice neighboorhood, I am a bit surprised of all the homes for sale.. makes me wonder why is everyone leaving??

Old 06-21-2008, 06:36 PM

169 posts, read 570,742 times
I thought the same thing, why are there 32 homes listed for sale there???Maybe one of the real estate folks can give us a clue???

Old 06-21-2008, 06:56 PM

511 posts, read 1,522,877 times
Default homes

That does not surprise me. There are a lot of neighborhoods with multiple homes on the market. Sometimes it is just a transition of upsizing, downsizing or job relocation. Hopefully you have a buyers agent that will try to find out for you. It is a nice neighborhood and sometimes folks just want to change.

Best of luck to you!!

Old 06-22-2008, 03:14 PM

548 posts, read 1,980,235 times
Well there are 628 homes in Neely Farms and less that 1% are on the market if that puts it in perspective. Also, homes are sitting longer on the market. It's also about 20 years old so a lot of families might be becoming empty nesters.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janrey View Post
Well there are 628 homes in Neely Farms and less that 1% are on the market if that puts it in perspective. Also, homes are sitting longer on the market. It's also about 20 years old so a lot of families might be becoming empty nesters.
We looked at 6 homes in Neely farms, some taken care of some not. I am at a loss though, I can seem to find homes with basements. We have a full basement and an attic full of 15 years of "stuff" where do I begin to put it all???

Old 06-22-2008, 05:33 PM

642 posts, read 2,089,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getawayfrompa View Post
We looked at 6 homes in Neely farms, some taken care of some not. I am at a loss though, I can seem to find homes with basements. We have a full basement and an attic full of 15 years of "stuff" where do I begin to put it all???

Yard sale ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area