Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 01:31 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,373,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
I look forward to the day when we stop talking about areas being "pro-homosexual" or "anti-homosexual." People should be accepted for being human beings, period. It should not matter whether someone is gay, or straight, or Southern, or Northern, or American, or whatever. Variety is the spice of life, and we learn more from those who are different than we are than from those who are the same.

As backwards as our state government is at times, I have hope that Greenville is moving in the right direction when it comes to being open-minded and welcoming to all.
I tend to agree and would add the same regarding current racial profiling taking place daily in the national spotlight. Organizations focused on "black pride" or "white pride" are doing virtually nothing to help unify people as Americans, but rather they continue to fuel the racial segregation of the old days. In my opinion, any special designation based upon skin color places everyone into groups on that basis alone, instead of allowing each person to stand on his or her own merit, regardless of cultural background. Abolish the widespread racial profiling and we will then have a great chance to experience widespread unity. I wish this would happen in my lifetime, but alas, it is highly unlikely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 10:08 AM

6,830 posts, read 16,558,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
Its all about the money I guess. Have some backbone, stand for something. You do not have to be a genius to realize that Guy and Guy is not a family, and money does not make it any better.
Pardon? Some of the longest partnered families I know are gay couples. Some families consist of a man and a woman, some families consist of two men, some families consist of two women and some consist of any group of people that care and have an affinity for one another.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:55 AM

503 posts, read 937,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
Pardon? Some of the longest partnered families I know are gay couples. Some families consist of a man and a woman, some families consist of two men, some families consist of two women and some consist of any group of people that care and have an affinity for one another.

I never said they could not make it happen, I simply said it was not meant to be that way. Thats all

Old 08-29-2008, 02:24 PM

239 posts, read 701,661 times
there was a time when people were ashamed to be a pervert now it's celebrated... Homosexuality - Conservapedia.........

Last edited by southernmeltdown; 08-29-2008 at 02:33 PM..

Old 08-29-2008, 02:43 PM

835 posts, read 2,305,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I find it odd how people complain about the gay campaign and they agreed with the "I Believe" plates. Government and religion should never mix.
I wasn't speaking about government mixing with politics but more along the lines who it represents. An "I Believe" plate represents the person whose car it's on. Saying our state is "so gay" represents everyone.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:45 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
What's wrong with our state being happy guestposter? Gay means happy.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
I tend to agree and would add the same regarding current racial profiling taking place daily in the national spotlight. Organizations focused on "black pride" or "white pride" are doing virtually nothing to help unify people as Americans, but rather they continue to fuel the racial segregation of the old days. In my opinion, any special designation based upon skin color places everyone into groups on that basis alone, instead of allowing each person to stand on his or her own merit, regardless of cultural background. Abolish the widespread racial profiling and we will then have a great chance to experience widespread unity. I wish this would happen in my lifetime, but alas, it is highly unlikely.
Why should we all completely abandon things that make us different and be the same? You can still be proud to be an American while being proud of something else too.

The only white pride groups I've heard of are usually something racist(think Neo Nazis or the Klan).

Old 08-29-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
What's wrong with our state being happy guestposter? Gay means happy.
Oh well if that's what you were talking about then I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:26 PM

1,028 posts, read 3,081,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmeltdown View Post
there was a time when people were ashamed to be a pervert now it's celebrated... Homosexuality - Conservapedia.........
Being gay is not a perversion. You cannot lump homosexuality in with illegal, abusive practices like pedophilia, bestiality, etc. There is a HUGE difference, and you are way off mark.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:15 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,468,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmeltdown View Post
That's one vote for McCain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area