Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 09:18 PM

161 posts, read 416,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I have Blink 182's last CD and Fall Out Boy's newest CD thank you very much. Well, Blink 182 broke up years ago. Some of my best friends in high schools were skateboarders too. I'm not talking about punk rockers like that. I'm referring to the gothic ones. And yes people that dress in all black do scare me.
Like I said, those bands are not Punk.

The Goth scene and Punk are two different groups of people. And I'm assuming you don't personally know anyone who is Punk or Goth, which is why they scare you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 09:34 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,565,096 times
Quote:
In the last five years, I have actually felt fine entering through that entrance. You don't see the punk rocker kids hanging out there anymore.
I thought you WERE a punk rocker kid!

Speaking of which, you have to make yourself be comfortable around all kinds of people. Most people are friendly regardless of their background or niche.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:39 PM

191 posts, read 522,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drizzle View Post
It's odd that the number of kids causing trouble downtown keeps growing. I think it started at around 100 or so and now it's up to 800. All in a matter of a couple of weeks. Makes you think, doesn't it...
Well,you see,one day we have a 100,the next day 200,the next 300,and on and on.Just give it any number that pops up in your head on any given day.I've said all along,Greenville and this entire thread along with the "What's going On thread" have all been blown way out of proportion.I know for a fact that if such large number of teenagers were all hanging out in such close togather areas,not even the police would be able to handle such a crowd and they would have to call in The National Guard.the only thing is beside them being in the way of others at the park,a few fights and some litter,they really haven't done no real harm to anyone.It's all just certain stuck up people in Greenville want there streets cleared of what everybody here being calling thugs.Such paranioa I do see.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:44 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
I thought you WERE a punk rocker kid!

Speaking of which, you have to make yourself be comfortable around all kinds of people. Most people are friendly regardless of their background or niche.
Yeah, but gothic people?

Old 08-24-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drizzle View Post
Like I said, those bands are not Punk.

The Goth scene and Punk are two different groups of people. And I'm assuming you don't personally know anyone who is Punk or Goth, which is why they scare you.
Blink 182 was punk for the most part. Fall Out Boy not so much. I know tons of people that are punk. I don't want to know anybody that is gothic.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:52 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,565,096 times
Quote:
Yeah, but gothic people?
Hey, they just dress a little different (and wear black nail polish). I work with a couple of borderline gothic people and they're fine. The world would be a boring place if everyone was the same.

Getting back to the curfew, do you think it did the job that was intended this weekend and where did teens go to hangout instead?

Old 08-25-2008, 12:12 AM

Gothic people just scare me. I don't know why. I'm afraid one is going to pull out a knife and kill me one day. I have no idea why either. I love diversity and get along with almost everybody. Yes it did the job. Very well actually. Downtown along with the businesses/restaurants were more crowded Saturday night than i've seen them in a very long time. I think the fantastic weather helped too. I have no idea where the teens went instead. Probably the mall, movie theater, party, home, etc. I'm 20 years old and there are a lot more things to do in this area for people of my age then just hang out at some downtown park bored out of your mind. Here is an interesting story that goes along with this issue: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps...WS01/808250309

Old 08-26-2008, 04:33 PM

835 posts, read 2,306,175 times
According to the paper, they have moved a bluegrass band from where they used to play so that they can provide some entertainment. The columnist said it's an easy genre to get into even for 12-18 year olds.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:36 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Default Beginning of Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestposter24 View Post
According to the paper, they have moved a bluegrass band from where they used to play so that they can provide some entertainment. The columnist said it's an easy genre to get into even for 12-18 year olds.
Now finally someone is trying to do something positive to solve the situation!

Old 08-26-2008, 08:50 PM

161 posts, read 416,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Now finally someone is trying to do something positive to solve the situation!
Even though it may be a noble step, I think it's a little out of touch. Even though I like Blue Grass, I doubt your average teenager would (if I am understanding the point of the band correctly). It's step in the right direction, I just don't think it's relevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area