Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2009, 11:21 AM

99 posts, read 323,012 times

Advertisements

ok, here goes, i just picked buckets of pecans in my yard, didn't know what they were until this year, just moved here last year, not real bright.lol. what do i do with these, shell, bake, ?? i love sc and their nuts, ha ha. can't let these go to waste. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 07:03 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,813,684 times
Lucky you! I LOVE pecans. Shell them and eat them, bake with them (halved, in chips or ground), sell them, give them to friends or family (or me!). I put pecans in banana bread, cookies, pies, on salads, sprinkled on yogurt. There are SO many uses for them.

One year I bought 60 pounds of pecans when I group I belonged to sold them as a fundraiser. They froze well, but I could only use so many. I ended up feeding a lot of them to some very lucky squirrels who lived in our neighborhood.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:48 PM

511 posts, read 1,522,877 times
Default pecans

I agree with Photo Gal and love to put them on lots of items--problem is I do not love to crack them so I buy mine from the Pecan truck that comes out around the holidays. I buy them already chopped although they do sell the halves. I freeze them and take them out whenever I need. Y--dou can take the halves, put them on a baking sheet with a little butter and salt--bake them slowly until you get the desired flavor you like. Delicious!

Old 04-27-2009, 03:36 PM

2 posts, read 7,079 times
I'm looking for pecans in the Greenville, SC area. I only need broken pieces or dust. Anyone have any left?
callrise@yahoo.com

Old 04-27-2009, 03:37 PM

2 posts, read 7,079 times
I'm looking for Pecans or Almonds, broken or dust. Anyone know of any??
callrise@yahoo.com

Old 04-27-2009, 06:46 PM

511 posts, read 1,522,877 times
Default pecans

The same man that has the pecan truck comes from a place on Highway 25. I think the name of it is wholesale nuts but I can't find their card at the moment. I also just buy the pieces because most recipes call for chopped nuts. I buy them by the case (they are individually wrapped in 1 lb. bags) and freeze them. They last a very long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area