Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2012, 07:49 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,245,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Krispy Kreme for 1219 Woodruff Road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmike View Post
That's not going to be good for waistline.

Is it going in between the Hardees and the Bojangles or is going to be set further back with the Kohls? I saw a little while back that the little drivethru coffee stand that was between the two was torn down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Between Hardees and Bojangles where Brick Street Coffee or whatever it's called used to be.
Krispy Kreme adding locations is a good idea. It is been long worth the wait.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:25 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,544,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Krispy Kreme adding locations is a good idea. It is been long worth the wait.
While I do like "Hot Now" Krispy Kremes, I'm even more glad that Dunkin seems to also be adding locations in the area again.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:35 AM

557 posts, read 864,817 times
Here is a new restaurant opening in Spartanburg Red Bowl Asian bistro replacing Garfield's at Spartanburg's WestGate Mall | GoUpstate.com

Old 08-17-2012, 05:32 AM

723 posts, read 1,149,715 times
Two vacant properties on Woodruff Rd. will be occupied soon.

1. I noticed this week that the former Blockbuster in the Publix shopping center on Woodruff was undergoing an upfit for a new tenant. I didn't get any hints from the permits posted on the windows, but a visit to the Equity One web site reveals it is going to be an O'Reilly Auto Parts store. Equity One, Inc.

2. A "coming soon" sign is out for Roe's Burgers, Chicken & Salads at 1606 Woodruff Rd. It will be opening in the space formerly occupied by Happy Pie, and Sprouts before that. Help wanted classifieds advertise it as a " new, exciting better burger concept," yet the logo says "since 1972." Has anyone ever heard of it?

Old 08-17-2012, 05:43 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,608,687 times
Roe's Burgers, Chicken & Salads only has a Facebook page (via a recent Google search) - regarding the statement "since 1972": unless this is referring to the owner's date of birth, I've never heard of them - and how many more burger places can Greenville support? we need unique, new to the region, restaurants

Old 08-17-2012, 05:44 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,544,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
...and how many more burger places can Greenville support? we need unique, new to the region, restaurants
Good point.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:23 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
While I do like "Hot Now" Krispy Kremes, I'm even more glad that Dunkin seems to also be adding locations in the area again.
Too bad there aren't some good independent donut places. I've always lived (until moving to SC but I never searched for donut places SC) where there was at least one independent place that blew Dunkin Donuts and Krispy Kreme and Mister Donuts away.

I think Dunkin Donuts coffee tastes like dishwater also. Usually the other places had a long running reputations. They were there way before the donut chains came to town and where everyone went for donuts. You'd think Greenville and Charleston might have some place like that unless the independent place was never that good in the first place and shut down as soon as the chain store came to town. Or maybe donuts aren't as big in the south as they are in the north.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:30 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times
You know what Greenville needs is a good quality LARGE fish market where you can go to get fresh local fish that is fresher and less expensive than Whole Foods. There have to be fisherman that catch freshwater fish and waterways around here to do that. THAT would be really nice. Maybe in the Fall you could go there to get oysters too and shrimp when it is in season driven up or flown in from Charleston.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:27 AM

672 posts, read 1,417,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Too bad there aren't some good independent donut places. I've always lived (until moving to SC but I never searched for donut places SC) where there was at least one independent place that blew Dunkin Donuts and Krispy Kreme and Mister Donuts away.

I think Dunkin Donuts coffee tastes like dishwater also. Usually the other places had a long running reputations. They were there way before the donut chains came to town and where everyone went for donuts. You'd think Greenville and Charleston might have some place like that unless the independent place was never that good in the first place and shut down as soon as the chain store came to town. Or maybe donuts aren't as big in the south as they are in the north.
Agreed, I grew up with places like Lester's or Mel-O-Cream donuts. I'm an equal opportunity donut lover, though. I love all donuts, regardless of color or shape.

I just tried a Dunkin iced latte. Dishwater is exactly what I imagined. It's amazing that I consider McDonald's to have superior coffee to a place known for coffee!

For the first few years I lived here, I knew of the one Krispy Kreme and eventually a Dunkin opened in Simpsonville, now Mauldin. For a local population who loves fried chicken, I'm surprised that Donuts aren't more popular. I mean, for a short while we had more Krispy Kreme's in Central Illinois than in a city 90 minutes away from Charlotte. Anyway, rant off.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:02 AM

4,231 posts, read 6,907,661 times
I actually like DD coffee personally. I don't love it but it's probably my favorite out of the large chains that appear in this area for just a basic coffee or iced coffee (Comparing places like Starbucks, Caribou, McDonald's, Seattle's best). Yes, I do much prefer the coffee I can get at more local type coffee shops, but if we aren't downtown and just near home DD is a nice consolation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area