Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 10:27 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,945 times

Advertisements

Patrick Swayze widow, Lisa, took off her wedding ring, and she is now dating.

Good for Lisa.

At the end of Oct will be four months into widowhood for me and my grieving is very strong. It seems like only yesterday.

I am a fan of Patrick Swayze, still miss him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 10:50 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,697,311 times
I was watching Dirty Dancing last week, and thought how incredibly sad it was that Patrick Swayze is gone. He seemed like such a genuinely nice man. Sad sad sad....

Old 10-06-2012, 11:22 PM

Yes, I agree. He was one of my favorite actors.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:47 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
He died six weeks before my husband died. I am still wearing my rings and I still can't even imagine thinking about dating or men. I am just not interested at all. I'm still in love with my husband, and probably always will be. Dating isn't even on my radar.

When Patrick died, dh and I talked about it a lot as we both loved "Ghost", and I loved "Dirty Dancing". He fought a really courageous battle with pancreatic cancer. Like Steve Jobs, he fought it for a long time. A friend's husband died in August this year six weeks after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Such a horrible disease. For some reason, (early diagnosis?), it's climbing right up there as one of the major cancer deaths. I'm happy for Lisa, she's still young. I hope she finds happiness again.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:10 PM

Marcy, I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I fully understand what you say. I lost my husband 15 weeks ago, I struggle with grief and loss. I was in love with my husband, he made me laugh so much. No man could compare to him. When my DH died, part of me died. I don't even know if I am going to make it. I feel so sad, unhappy, dead inside.
I, too, am glad to hear Lisa is finally dating. I can be honest, I can't wait for that time to come, but for now, I miss my sweetie so much. I look at pictures of him almost everyday and tell him I miss him. He was the love of my life. I can't feel any emotions and I am a mess.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:21 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
I think about possibly dating again someday, but right now I have no interest. I guess it's one of those things that you'll know when you're ready.

My spouse died of pancreatic cancer as well. I can't believe it's been almost a year. He made it through surgery, three chemo cocktails and radiation, and survived two years after diagnosis. I was -- still am -- so proud of him for how he fought; I wouldn't have been nearly so courageous. It's such a horrible disease.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:10 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
wow, reading all your posts makes me go just,"holy crap" at the number of pancreatic cancers. Hoping and praying a cure for this one is coming!!!

Good for Lisa. I wish her all the happiness in the world!

Last edited by Sam I Am; 10-08-2012 at 04:39 AM.. Reason: modified expletive - that's considered a language workaround - sorry

Old 10-08-2012, 12:25 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
My hubby was so upset when Patrick died. He really liked him. I can't tell you how many times he watched "Road House". That and "Braveheart" were his two fav "recent" movies. He also knew I'm "in love" with Sam Elliot's voice. It probably saddened him that Patrick did the same as hubby did, went into remission for 3 years and then it came back with a vengance and killed him. Same with Steve Jobs. The remission and then death. Earl knew his time was limited and there was nothing he could do about it. Pancreatic and esophageal cancer are the two hardest cancers to contain and have about the lowest rates of survival after 5 years. I looked all that up when Earl was first diagnosed. He, Patrick and Steve all went within 7 years of their diagnosies. Such a shame.

Lisa put up with a lot from Patrick. He was a heavy hitter when it came to drinking. I'm glad to hear she is "moving on" with her life. I wish her well and that guys don't just date her for her money or try to "compare" to THEE Patrick Swayze. Patrick was a legend in his own time.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:29 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
Patrick Swayze widow, Lisa, took off her wedding ring, and she is now dating.

Good for Lisa.

At the end of Oct will be four months into widowhood for me and my grieving is very strong. It seems like only yesterday.

I am a fan of Patrick Swayze, still miss him.
A fan here too. he was great actor and loyal husband to her. I hope she finds happiness again. May all those who lost a spouse or anyone be blessed and find a way to smile and keep them close to your hearts. memories are forever.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:38 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times
It's been 8 years since my dad passed away from pancreatic cancer and my mom has no plans to date anyone. She has had many offers but she declines. She does feel lonely at times but also likes to have her space. People often ask me if she would ever date anyone and I tell them I don't know but it's her choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning