Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 07:20 AM

379 posts, read 533,833 times

Advertisements

Hello to all my faithful C-D friends! Please accept my apologies for not posting here lately. Life has given me many opportunities for change and moving on. I am so excited about my future, something I thought I would never be able to say just a few short months ago.

I have decided to move to Arizona to live near my sister and her family. They live in Sun City West. I made a trip out there in May to look around and visited with them for a week. I used to live in Prescott (moved to TN from there) so am familiar with the Phoenix area. I have no family here in TN and, if nothing else, this forum has shown me how important it is to be near family (if you get along with your family! lol). I have missed my family and being near them.

As some of you may recall, my sister and I had been estranged for several years. Our pastor has been preaching a lot about reaching out to someone who you have had problems with, so I called her on her birthday (4-10) and we talked for 2 hours!! It was wonderful. We decided to put the past in the past and start fresh. We talk on the phone now every day. It is so good to be close again. Anything is possible!

After returning from my Arizona trip, a week later I flew to WA to visit my daughter and her family. It was a great time.

Then I came home and a week later...................I retired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yaa Hoo!!!!! I hope I am retired for good! I have been busy cleaning out closets and drawers and throwing away and getting ready for a garage sale. My plan is to sell my house and all the contents! I'm leaving with just what I can fit into my car (clothes, toiletry items, keepsakes).....boy, talk about downsizing!!!!!!!!

My sister has invited me to live with them until I can find a place of my own. They would be happy for me to live with them forever! What an offer!! However................

.......I must confess, I have met someone!! Our relationship is in the early stages, so just getting to know each other well, but so far we are very comfortable with each other. So much in common and a very nice guy. Who knows what the future holds, but I am taking one day at a time and see where it goes. If God has brought him into my life for a reason, I am going to trust Him and give it a shot.

Besides bringing you all up to date on what has been going on with me, I think the more important message is to never give up hope in your life. Hope to have peace about the decisions you make, hope to find new opportunities in your life, hope to find someone to bring you joy, if that is what you are hoping for, and assurance that life does go on. I have learned so much from this forum and I know for a fact that I would not be able to face this future without all I have gathered here. Your friendships and support have given me confidence and new life, and I am ready to look forward and not dwell on the past.

If I have left anything out or you have questions, feel free to ask. I will promise to hang around a little more. Thanks guys for being the best support group in the whole wide world. Couldn't have done it without you!

God bless,
tngirl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 11:24 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Thanks for responding, tn. God Bless and good luck!!

Old 07-08-2013, 08:23 PM

971 posts, read 1,454,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Thanks for responding, tn. God Bless and good luck!!
I join Tami in wishing you the best future possible and also the important (((HUGS)))

Old 07-08-2013, 08:56 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,317,420 times
tngrl...I'm really happy for you. You sound so full of life! Good for you for opening-up so many new doors for yourself...Happy retirement! And move! Wishing you the very best! (With everything you do!)

Old 07-09-2013, 12:52 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
Congratulations on the move, the new friend, the retirement, your sister and your visit to your daughter! Wow! Life has been full for you. I'm thrilled to hear you so happy. And welcome back to AZ. You're coming back at the hottest time of the year!! We've had three really good monsoon rains the past few days here in Tucson, with more to come.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:10 AM

Thank you all for the kind words and well wishes!! It means a lot to me. I just wish my house in TN would hurry up and sell, as I'm so ready to move on with my life. I need to remember my famous words: one day at a time. God is sure teaching me patience!!

Hugs to all,
tngirl

Old 07-09-2013, 08:24 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,317,420 times
tngrl..I hope your TN house sells fast so you can move and start your new life...I've sure had to develop patience too. Patience with myself and the grief process... And I keep reminding myself to have patience with a few of my friends who are in a hurry to "fix me" and propel me back into life. (On their timetable!)...Anyway I hope you can "move on" soon. How is the housing market doing in your area now? Good luck to you!

Old 07-09-2013, 08:50 AM

6,884 posts, read 11,245,419 times
Smile One day at a time, yes

Keep putting one foot in front of the other. You have done that, very brave girl.

So thrilled about you and your sister. That part is awesome.

Forgiveness is the start of all healing. We also have to remember to forgive ourselves.

Keep posting - will you now be azgirl? LOL.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
Keep putting one foot in front of the other. You have done that, very brave girl.

So thrilled about you and your sister. That part is awesome.

Forgiveness is the start of all healing. We also have to remember to forgive ourselves.

Keep posting - will you now be azgirl? LOL.

You know, I used to be azgirl on another website when I live in Arizona!!!!! Might just have to think about going back!!

Yes, you are so right about forgiving ourselves. That is surely the first step!

Old 07-09-2013, 01:49 PM

2,864 posts, read 1,809,208 times
tngirl/azgirl,

Thank you so much for sharing with us. What a joy, an encouragement for each of us !
So happy for you. Prayers for a quick sale of your home in TN !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning