Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2015, 03:29 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times

Advertisements

God sure does work in strange ways...that man I met at that yard sale a couple of months ago finally called me. He had knee surgery and I honestly think he was apprehensive about calling me. He was the one who still has his wife's photo in his wallet. He loves her very much and I really respect him for that. What a caring person! Anyhow we had a good chat--I explained myself and how I am only looking for a friend--someone to do things with like taking a drive or even going to yard sales. I think he liked that I was open and honest with him. I told him the last thing I want right now is a relationship--I still am grieving my DH. He said he is the same with his wife. He has a hard time going anywhere he said. Who knows maybe we can be friends and enjoy each others company. That would be nice!
God knew I am having a hard time today--my first 4th without my DH...worry about the animals etc...God knew how to cheer me up!

Old 07-04-2015, 05:23 PM

48,149 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Keep the doors of friendship open. Don't build any barriers.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:53 AM

I am elston. I enjoy friends. I have found it harder to make friends when you are older....as kids it was so easy. Course I don't get out to meet many people as a rule. I have to work on that--again!
We, the critters and myself made it through the night last night. It did rain but stopped in time for those celebrating the 4th to do their thing. Most was in the far distance so it wasn't to bad. I also gave each of the dogs one of those natural calming chews so maybe that helped.
Today is church...we're mixing it up a bit--first is Sunday School and then regular church because we are having the kids that have been in the church camp share today. It should be fun!

Old 07-05-2015, 06:22 AM

Cyn........I havent heard about those natural calming chews......what are they? Where do you get them. My beagle girl is terrified of thunder and fire works.....or slammed doors. The thunder shirt helps during storms.....but in bad storms she is really anxious. My other dog McKenzie....starts to tremble in anticipation of going to the vet every time we put her in the car.....maybe those chews would help both girls.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:31 AM

They are called "Composure Pro" by VetriScience Laboraroties pro line vererinarian formula. Not sure if you need a prescription or not? Worked good for us! I would think you could just buy them as there are no chemicals in them!

Old 07-05-2015, 12:07 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
Nice about the phone call, cyn. Glad you and the pups weren't too bothered last night.

Sorry your girls had a rough night, elston.

Wasn't bad at all here. One jerk blew off one M80 in the back backyard. I saw a pretty display from the next street and they stopped at 10:45. Got to sleep at usual time.

Was disgusted with my tv provider again. One station had fire works but from NYC! I want the Boston Pops on the 4th of July, not stupid Macy's!

HAGD everyone.

Old 07-05-2015, 12:28 PM

I forgot to tell you where I those chews--my vets office!

Old 07-05-2015, 03:55 PM

Thanks cyn. I will check out the vets office....they carry a lot of products. I also will look on line or Petco. Thanks for the information.

We just had distant thunder....and the Tennessee beagle girl is already asking me for her shirt. She knows that we get thunder storms almost everyday about this time....in the summer. She knows it but she doesnt remember that she is always safe and doesnt have to be afraid.

She was picked up as a stray when she was just about a year old.......out on a country road in TN. I think perhaps she was taken out on her first hunting trip and was spooked by the gun shot and took off running. That was when she got hit by a car and ended up having to have a leg amputated. My poor little girl.
She had a tough life back then......so we try to make it up to her.

She thinks she is entitled to be treated like a queen.

Old 07-06-2015, 05:27 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
Good morning everyone. I hope you all have a great day.

Your Tennessee gal sure is lucky to have such wonderful fur parents, elston.

Old 07-06-2015, 05:54 AM

Yes, I agree with Tami--your little Tennessee gal is lucky to have you--and she is indeed entitled to be treated like a queen...poor little thing.
I am going to see my new therapist this afternoon but it is a bit of a drive....hope she is as good as my last one. I really feel it not having therapy this last week. Therapy is a great help for me. This new therapist is a Christian and works that into the therapy so that is why I choose her. Fingers crossed. Meantime my grass is in need of mowing but it's so wet from the recent downpours. I can't go out in the afternoons because it's to hot....maybe tomorrow morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning