Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2015, 03:59 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times

Advertisements

I hope you dont mind me checking in CYN,I do care

Old 07-14-2015, 04:45 PM

48,149 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Yes, elston this is not a chat thread. I was referring to some who stop every so often but I think they are all busy with their summer plans. I know I can depend on a post from you when there is something you will most likely have an opinion on---as it should be!
Thanks for understanding.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:28 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,219,094 times
Cyn, I am still here reading your posts. I check up on all of you, *wink. I am going through some major health concerns now and I am trying to fix me.
Elston I so enjoy reading your informative posts.

Malia , Dude and Tam, you all are in my thoughts.

Hugs to all of you.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:50 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
Dude, always enjoy your posts! Keep coming!
Smilin hope you are feeling better. You fix you and I will keep you in my prayers.
Ah elston, never even thought twice about your thoughts. I know when and if I need suggestions you will be there!
Maila, stay strong and think positive!
Another unusually warm day here so guess I'll take the dogs for their walk now since it's still fairly cool!

Old 07-15-2015, 10:01 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
Thank, smilin'. I sure hope you get "fixed" soon. Nice to see ya.

Same thing here, cyn, if there is something major happening and I feel I have something to say, I shall. "No news is good news." Most of the time. I started a "Happy" chat thread long ago here but it didn't last long. I guess people aren't too inclined to post in a positive feeling thread in this particular forum. Too bad, as grief fades it was nice to talk of how I was coming back into the land of the living. It's been so long ago that maybe I even stopped posting in it. I had nothing to distract me like you do with your eBay stuff. I'm glad for you that you do.

Contrary to how elston feels, I did get the impression that this thread was a sort of "check in" thread. I even had posted a couple like that. I didn't get in the habit though. (I don't think.) I just pop in and read your daily post and if there is no crisis, I go on.

Seems like you miss the interaction. I understand. It's like getting a phone call, right?

Okay, kiddo, I said my piece. Have a great day!

Old 07-15-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Thank, smilin'. I sure hope you get "fixed" soon. Nice to see ya.

Same thing here, cyn, if there is something major happening and I feel I have something to say, I shall. "No news is good news." Most of the time. I started a "Happy" chat thread long ago here but it didn't last long. I guess people aren't too inclined to post in a positive feeling thread in this particular forum. Too bad, as grief fades it was nice to talk of how I was coming back into the land of the living. It's been so long ago that maybe I even stopped posting in it. I had nothing to distract me like you do with your eBay stuff. I'm glad for you that you do.

Contrary to how elston feels, I did get the impression that this thread was a sort of "check in" thread. I even had posted a couple like that. I didn't get in the habit though. (I don't think.) I just pop in and read your daily post and if there is no crisis, I go on.

Seems like you miss the interaction. I understand. It's like getting a phone call, right?

Okay, kiddo, I said my piece. Have a great day!

Tami...........I think this goes under the heading......Different Strokes for Different folks and it all is valid and good.

I am not grieving and haven't been for a long long time.....so I wouldnt be drawn to this thread if it weren't for a long time friendship with cyn......that is why I stop in daily.....but I seldom post my own personal info here on this thread. That in no way means that I think you or others are wrong........it just isn't what I am about on this thread......at least for the present. (I recognize that we never know what tomorrow or even the next hour will bring.)

Old 07-15-2015, 01:53 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Tami...........I think this goes under the heading......Different Strokes for Different folks and it all is valid and good.

I am not grieving and haven't been for a long long time.....so I wouldnt be drawn to this thread if it weren't for a long time friendship with cyn......that is why I stop in daily.....but I seldom post my own personal info here on this thread. That in no way means that I think you or others are wrong........it just isn't what I am about on this thread......at least for the present. (I recognize that we never know what tomorrow or even the next hour will bring.)
Of course, elston! I meant no disrespect towards you! Never! I totally understand your position here. I know you and others have come a long, long road with cyn.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Of course, elston! I meant no disrespect towards you! Never! I totally understand your position here. I know you and others have come a long, long road with cyn.
Its all good Tami.............I didnt feel any disrespect toward me. I was a bit concerned that you thought my comment meant that I thought everyone should feel the same as me.....or that perhaps I should post more than I do. But..... I am fine with it all...I really am.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:37 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
A big smile to all of my friends and their own feelings! Love each and every one of you!

Old 07-16-2015, 05:44 AM

218 posts, read 207,755 times
Somewhat new to bereavement, indeed I didn't really know the meaning of the word until I lost my wife of many years last March.

I wish folks who have moved on from attending breavement group meetings would return to tell us some good news on how they are going forward with their lives. This was a comment I made to a person who stopped her car when passing me walking my dog on a country road. She asked if I was a member of a bereavement group, I said yes. She recognized me, but I didn't recognize her. I think she was there for her last time on my first time and that was only a couple of weeks after the passing of my wife. I was still in shock and didn't remember ever seeing her.

We were on a country road but traffic from behind her car made her decide to drive on.. she did indicate she lives on the road I was walking. It is nice to know people in the "neighborhood" so sorry she didn't come into the next bereavement meeting. Perhaps at the meeting tonight. She knows I'll be there.

It can be helpful to read/discuss complaints when deciding how to move on, make a decision, .... but positive reports can be helpful too as one seeks the "best" decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning