Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2015, 10:43 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,007,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Thanks elston. Think that is not in my budget right now but it is interesting. If it was that good for Sue maybe I should just find a way to make it happen.
Check it out cyn...........I went to their site (googled it)......the photographs showed a pretty young group of widows.....but maybe it is right for you........check it out....but check it out before you go to the expense and upheaval of traveling to Tampa for a weekend . Good Luck. You have a wonderful attitude.

Old 07-27-2015, 01:33 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
You remind of me of my old therapist--always finding the positive and making me feel good about things! Thanks elston..for being who you are!

Old 07-27-2015, 02:00 PM

265 posts, read 686,881 times
Take things easy and enjoy your GD and pets. Take care things will get better for you. Peace.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:18 AM

Thanks Hatehumidity!
I just have to keep moving forward and deal with the bumps in the road. I've seen people from where even after a year of their loss of a loved one they have a problem even leaving their homes to others who jump right back into the stream of life. I find myself somewhere in the middle. I've had a number of set backs involving illness and death in the family since my DH passed and with each one it sets me back but I know in my heart I have to pick myself up, dust off and move forward. Honestly I have to "make" myself or it wouldn't happen. It's not easy---in fact it is the hardest thing I have ever had to do and I know and understand the struggle for others in the same situation. I still look forward to going to sleep at night....it is my safe place!

Old 07-28-2015, 05:46 AM

I was talking with a recent widower at church this past Sunday; his wife had been quite "crippled" and he had to provide all her personal care and assistance....but they both made it to church every Sunday and volunteered at the repetory theatre pouring champagne in the lobby on opening nights and collecting tickets and ushuring at the concert hall. Very busy couple.

He seems cheerful and socially pleasant and interested......and as sweet as ever. When I asked how he was doing.....he commented that he Keeps busy and that seems to help. He said his problem is keeping busy....her care taking had been such a full time job.....that he finds he has too much time on his hands.

He is in good shape and has a positive outlook on life..he is able to laugh..and not a grim laugh...I would say he is dong well. He did comment that their anniversary is upcoming.....I think he said 64 years............a memorial service is planned this summer.....I sent him a card of encouragement and will be keeping in touch with him (I always see him at church.....I will look..if he sits alone....I will sit with him.

Last edited by elston; 07-28-2015 at 06:08 AM..

Old 07-28-2015, 09:11 AM

What an up lifting post elston! I agree that staying busy is important--my problem is where to begin.....I am over whelmed and I need to organize my thoughts so I can get something done instead of just thinking about it. I pushed myself so hard at the beginning--you remember--most of us do because we have no choice and things have to be done but then I just wore myself out I guess. Then reality set in...now I need to push myself once again!
I think you sitting with this man at church is a great idea if he is alone. Everyone likes company!

Old 07-29-2015, 01:07 PM

I am so angry with myself right now--I went to the gas station to fill my gas can for the lawn mower just to have it ready for next week and as I was trying to swing the can up into a box I have in the back of my car--yes swing like I was 20 years old--my arm made this horrible popping grinding sound and now it is very sore. I'm hoping I just pulled the muscle and with time it will heal. My right arm has the torn rotater cuff I sure don't need a problem with my left arm too. I can't believe I did that. So far it isn't swollen and no bruising so maybe I will be lucky. I took a couple of Motrin and put some sports cream on it. Praying it will be fine soon!

Old 07-29-2015, 01:20 PM

I do hear "The Old Grey Mare Aint What She Used to Be" playing in the background....but I know it isnt funny.* More and more I am finding my mobility and strength are so much less than they used to be...(and I was never "rugged"...even in youth)

I hope that some motrin and rest and the cream....will take care of the damage.

* My grammy used to say "T'aint funny McGee!" I think that was a line from the old radio show..."Fibber McGee's Closet".

Old 07-29-2015, 06:33 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,945 times
Elston CD won't allow me to rep. you anymore. You are the nicest human being I have ever had the privilege of meeting.

I just found out my Doctor is closing her doors. She supported me and helped me all through the last stages of my husband's illness. She told me today and we both cried. I will never forget her.

Cyn, I think you are doing fantastic. You are coming up on your one year anniversary over the next few months. The second year is much better, it won't be a big blur.

Hi everyone!!! Lots of hugs to you all!!

Old 07-29-2015, 07:43 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,361 times
Oh Cyn! Hope the cream and lots of rest helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.